PDA

View Full Version : Alright, whats the deal around here?

Rob WS6
11-26-2006, 08:36 PM
I know Im not the only one experiencing this... why is the board freezing LITERALLY every other click? I feel like Im on 14.4 dialup on this site... Is the a problem with the new servers? Id GLADLY take the occasional errors we used to get with the old servers over this! :rofl:

Knipps
11-26-2006, 08:39 PM
not here...

Frosty
11-26-2006, 08:45 PM
I know Im not the only one experiencing this... why is the board freezing LITERALLY every other click? I feel like Im on 14.4 dialup on this site... Is the a problem with the new servers? Id GLADLY take the occasional errors we used to get with the old servers over this! :rofl:

It's really slow for me too.

qwikz28
11-26-2006, 08:48 PM
i get alot of time outs and its piss slow for me as well

camaro2you
11-26-2006, 08:54 PM
i still get you are not allowd to post when trying to do quick reply i have to go to advanced and i am still not getting any emails.

BonzoHansen
11-26-2006, 08:57 PM
It's happening. I know Justin has been trying to hunt down the issue.

WayFast84
11-26-2006, 09:20 PM
post quick reply is a hit or a miss here sometimes takes up to 5 min. its on and off though and it does seem kinda slow, the site and posts, but its probably the new arrangements and new section.

jimmyboy8301
11-26-2006, 09:54 PM
it's having anal sex and keeps being mezmorized

1_Hot_SOM_WS6
11-26-2006, 10:17 PM

:werddance: - I am glad to see that our convo from earlier has inspired you to create a new thread- lol. I am also glad to see that your still alive after your kitchen/hammer episode. :rofl:

79dizZy28
11-26-2006, 10:36 PM
it only started happening to me about 5 mins ago

ar0ck
11-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Its been on and off for me the past week or so. Its random too.

Rob WS6
11-26-2006, 10:43 PM

:werddance: - I am glad to see that our convo from earlier has inspired you to create a new thread- lol. I am also glad to see that your still alive after your kitchen/hammer episode. :rofl:

Yeah Im still goin strong... even used a sawzall and the nail gun and have all my limbs intact and no puncture wounds! Yay! :nod: :rofl:

garretwp
11-26-2006, 10:59 PM
We have been having issues with Canaca and we are not sure why these issues are happening. Justin and I will have to sit down and write up an email out to Canaca asking why they are giving us issues that the new server is suppose to fix all of them. A few days ago (thanksgiving) we had the site suspended for reasons that should have not been affected with this new server. Hopefully Justin can chime in here and give his two cents.

- Garrett

Tru2Chevy
11-26-2006, 11:21 PM
Yes, I've been noticing it too, both at work and home. I've been looking into a few possibilities as to why it is happening, but I haven't had much time to devote to it this weekend. Tomorrow (Monday) I'm going to spend most of the evening working on stuff for the site, so hopefully I'll be able to figure it out then.

- Justin

enRo
11-27-2006, 08:36 PM
*cough* new host *cough* .... even myspace loads faster than njfboa :shock:

Firebird67dude
11-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Yea. Mines slow as hell too. Once im on the site its not that bad but if i sign out and then come back on later it takes a long ass time to load up. Only this site tho.

Tru2Chevy
11-28-2006, 09:38 AM

We're still using the same host as before, just on a faster/more robust server. The site was running great after the move, but is now sporadically having issues. The part that is getting to me is the fact that it randomly speeds up and slows down without any regard for the time of day or number of users on the board.

- Justin

enRo
11-29-2006, 02:12 AM

We're still using the same host as before, just on a faster/more robust server. The site was running great after the move, but is now sporadically having issues. The part that is getting to me is the fact that it randomly speeds up and slows down without any regard for the time of day or number of users on the board.

- Justin

Oh, I thought u switched hosts.

JL8Jeff
11-30-2006, 02:30 PM
Wow, I couldn't get on at all last night and barely once this morning. It's definitely worse than it used to be.

Tru2Chevy
11-30-2006, 03:59 PM
Wow, I couldn't get on at all last night and barely once this morning. It's definitely worse than it used to be.

Our server was out last night from approximately 5:00 PM until around 3:00 AM this morning, and then again from 9:30 AM this morning until 3:15 PM this afternoon. Still trying to get a good story from our hosting provider, meanwhile we are starting to look into some other options.

- Justin

Rob WS6
11-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Justin, I was doing a bit of "research" and it seems that most of the problems this site is having is due to routing issues, not the actual server (aside from server outages).

V
12-01-2006, 12:43 AM
ok...now the problems just getting old...

also, i will no longer PM/text justin everytime it goes down lol, since most of the tiem he already knows and i get annoying haha.

Knipps
12-01-2006, 11:06 PM
ok...now the problems just getting old...

+1.

NJSPEEDER
12-02-2006, 08:12 PM
sorry about all the issues and outages. we are working towards a solution. as soon as we get some information back from people we will let everyone know exactly what the score is and how quickly everything will be resolved.

deadtrend1
12-02-2006, 09:17 PM
i think at this point, we need to create a "Emergency NJFBOA Server Down" procedure. Kinda like what fire drills did for us at high school.

Example: Server goes down AIM Chat room "NJFBOA" will be open by the first person to notcie the site is down. Therefor, that person will be honorary NJFBOA leader for the day.

I think I'm onto something......

Knipps
12-02-2006, 10:26 PM
i think at this point, we need to create a "Emergency NJFBOA Server Down" procedure. Kinda like what fire drills did for us at high school.

Example: Server goes down AIM Chat room "NJFBOA" will be open by the first person to notcie the site is down. Therefor, that person will be honorary NJFBOA leader for the day.

I think I'm onto something......

eh, why not?
been done before when the site wasn't down

Tru2Chevy
12-04-2006, 01:17 PM
Just an update.

I have done lots of research over the last few days, and we have made the decision to switch to a more reliable web hosting company. More details to follow later this evening.

- Justin