PDA

View Full Version : wideband O2 sensor location

V
11-27-2006, 01:29 AM
ok, i just ordered the LC-1 wideband O2 kit, and it should be here by the end of the week, along with my textralia clutch and my recently purchased HPTuners software(pro). So this is all coming along.

however, once i get the wideband O2 sensor kit, where is the ideal place to install the sensor bung? I assume i should put it where it comes down to the one pipe at the end of the y pipe. let me know if thats wrong, lol.

Batman
11-27-2006, 06:27 AM
In the exhaust! :)

J/K- Ideally you want it in front of the CATS (if you have them) but since you would only be able to read one bank so that would be as good a guess as I can think of. In a perfect world yuo would put one in each collector or even 1 in each of the 8 primary tubes for the absolute BEST readings. But who wants to go through that?

HardcoreZ28
11-27-2006, 07:36 AM
If the 4th gen is the same as the 3rd you can put it at the merge in the y pipe right before the cat to get a reading from both sides of the car. Or you can take your chances with reading just one bank and put it right below the collector on either side.

foff667
11-27-2006, 08:45 AM
I always put mine on the drivers side ypipe elbow on non-catted cars, but then again I go from car to car. The spot that I put it makes it accessible without the need for ramps or anything.

V
11-28-2006, 01:58 AM
ok, yeah i have an off-road y pipe so ill probably install it just about at the collector where the y pipe comes together.