PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Car Show Classes and Special Prizes

NJSPEEDER
12-02-2006, 01:14 PM
We are going to continue with the car show formula that seems to have been working well for the last two years. We will be working on our prize and trophies over the next few months so that information won't be announced completely for a while. We can tell you that the trophies for the top three finishers in Best of Show and the winner of each primary class will be getting much larger trophies this year.
Voting will continue to be by spectator/attendee choice. We will be handing out the ballots at the gate that will list each category, special award, and Best of Show lines separately. We prefer this voting method as it does not call for any one person's personal opinion, nor does it benefit any sort of "friends" system.

Best of Show voting will result in prizes for the top three. Each of the top three finishers will receive a large trophy and a plaque for their achievement. We will announce further prizes for the winners as sponsorship is added to the event.

The primary classes will be one Camaro and one Firebird for each generation. Winners of each of the primary classes will receive a trophy and a plaque. Other prizes may be added as sponsorship is added to the event.

We also are proud to see the return of our long list of special awards for the '07 Nats. All award winners as voted by the attendees will receive a plaque recognizing the achievement. Other additional prizes for winners will be added as sponsorship comes together for the event.

The current list of special awards looks like this:

Best Camaro presented by www.FQuick.com (http://www.fQuick.com)
Best Firebird presented by www.FQuick.com (http://www.fQuick.com)

Best Engine/Engine Compartment
Best Chrome
Best Paint
Best Wheels
Best Engineered/Conversion
Best In Car Entertainment
Best Interior
Best Pace Car

As you can see we are continuing our tradition of giving as many opportunities as possible to take home a prize. If anyone has any additional special awards they would like to see added to the list please contact NJSPEEDER or Tru2Chevy and we will try to get it on the list.

We are a few weeks away from announcing pricing to participate in the Car Show. Stay tuned and please get those suggestions in soon, we need to have time to plan and get all the trophies/plaques ordered and together. :)

NJSPEEDER
12-23-2006, 05:34 PM
a suggestion was made to add a selection for "Best Pace Car" to the car show balloting. sound like a good idea to you guys?

BonzoHansen
12-23-2006, 09:21 PM
Who asked, a guy with a pace car? :) You expect a lot of pace cars?

How about best of each generation?

NJSPEEDER
12-24-2006, 12:41 AM
one pace car owner and one person mentioned they had seen it at some other shows. i think there was only 1 or 2 pace cars the last two years. think a specail award would get a few more of them out?

SamhainZ28
12-24-2006, 02:15 AM
where would this be held?

NJSPEEDER
12-24-2006, 11:19 AM
island dragaway, date will most likely be mid-august again :)

BonzoHansen
12-25-2006, 12:36 PM
one pace car owner and one person mentioned they had seen it at some other shows. i think there was only 1 or 2 pace cars the last two years. think a specail award would get a few more of them out?Maybe, you could float it. If the TC member (damn, I forget his name) who brings his matching pair of 69 Pace cars to Jackson shows up, he wins. :)

You don't like the generation thing (best 1st gen, etc.)?

NJSPEEDER
12-25-2006, 01:18 PM
we can include them too. :)

the voting lines on the sheets are gonna be a bit smaller this year. lol

Tru2Chevy
12-27-2006, 07:34 AM
You don't like the generation thing (best 1st gen, etc.)?

We have voting for the best Camaro and best Firebird of each generation already.....

- Justin

BonzoHansen
12-27-2006, 09:44 AM
We have voting for the best Camaro and best Firebird of each generation already.....

- Justin

Oh good. I didn't see that in the list.

Tru2Chevy
12-27-2006, 10:16 AM
Oh good. I didn't see that in the list.

We plan on using the same list we used last year, and are still tossing around the Pace Car idea....

Attached is the list from last year....

- Justin

BonzoHansen
12-27-2006, 02:40 PM
What is ICE?

Tru2Chevy
12-27-2006, 02:41 PM
What is ICE?

In Car Entertainment

- Justin

BonzoHansen
12-27-2006, 04:47 PM
In Car Entertainment

- JustinWhat is that, fastest car or prettiest 'seat cover'.? :wink:

I just showed my age, didn't I? :)

Tru2Chevy
12-28-2006, 08:05 AM
What is that, fastest car or prettiest 'seat cover'.? :wink:
Usually it's related to Audio and Video.....
I just showed my age, didn't I? :)
:nod:

- Justin

BonzoHansen
12-28-2006, 08:42 AM
I bet Timmy agrees with my version of in car entertainment.

IROCZman15
02-20-2007, 09:36 PM
i cant wait! ill be there with the IROC!

Savage_Messiah
02-22-2007, 01:18 PM
If there's a pace car category.... my vote goes to the first TTA i see

LS1Hawk
03-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Are the Best Camaro and Best Firebird classes going to be broken down by stock/modified?

Also, may still be too early to ask, but any word on how much it's going to be to enter your car and when to sign up?

NJSPEEDER
03-08-2007, 03:42 PM
we don't have class designations to seperate stock and modified yet. that is something that will be added once the show is bigger.

not exactly sure about pricing yet. i will talk to the track and have prices posted up soon though. car show will only be a little bit more than a regular spectator entry for the day. that will get the car and the driver in, any additional passengers will have to pay the specator entry.

camaroracer1992
03-08-2007, 03:43 PM
i cant wait for the nats ill be showing this year as well :)

396LT1SS
04-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Who asked, a guy with a pace car? :) You expect a lot of pace cars?

How about best of each generation?

best of generation sounds good

Tru2Chevy
04-12-2007, 08:55 AM
best of generation sounds good

As mentioned above, we will be having awards go to the best Camaro and Firebird of each of the 4 generations.

- Justin

NJSPEEDER
06-18-2007, 03:59 PM
UPDATE:
We are happy to announce that www.FQuick.com (http://www.fQuick.com) has jumped on board to sponsor a pair of the special prizes for the 2007 East Coast F-Body Nationals Car Show.
The Best Camaro and Best Firebird award winners will receive a specialy engraved plaque to recognize their achievement.
Special thanks to www.FQuick.com (http://www.fQuick.com) for stepping in and supporting the East Coast Nats.

Blackbirdws6
06-18-2007, 07:28 PM
very cool! BTW, should the 4th gen catagory be split into two groups? Such as best LTX for camaro/firebird and best LSX for camaro/firebird?

-Brian

NJSPEEDER
06-18-2007, 08:26 PM
hmmm, never even thought about that. it is in the notes for next year. all of our sponsorship proposals and the awards that we have layed out for printing already are just for best 4th gen of each so it would be a bunch of crap to change.
definately going to do it next year though. thanks for the suggestion. :)

Blackbirdws6
06-18-2007, 08:32 PM
damnit lol. I do very well in the lt1 group but the newer ls1s get most of the love. Newer is typically favored to the old so its how things go. Looking forward to attending.

-brian

NJSPEEDER
06-18-2007, 08:55 PM
yeah, now that i think about it, all of our 4th gen winners have been LS cars i think. if money wasn't so tight right now we would gt it in there. next year we will definately make sure it gets done.
thanks again for the suggestion. the special awards list is going to get long next year :)

Blackbirdws6
06-19-2007, 08:09 AM
Well I don't plan on selling the car so it will be there this year and the next. Thanks for keeping an open mind on things.

-brian

BonzoHansen
07-12-2007, 11:56 AM
If you break the 4th gens up, break up the 2nd gens, maybe 70-73, 74-81

camaroracer1992
07-12-2007, 10:50 PM
if you break the 4th gens up you need to break the 3rd gens up... factory installed ground effects vs non installed ground effects..... :)

NJSPEEDER
07-12-2007, 11:10 PM
all have been added to the discussion list for the '08 nats, except the thridgen GFX vs non-GFX cars, only two years you couldn't get a non-GFX car are 91-92 and that was camaro only. no reason to seperate just two years.
should 2nd gens be 70-73, 74-77, and 78-81?

BonzoHansen
07-13-2007, 07:09 AM
should 2nd gens be 70-73, 74-77, and 78-81?While that may be advantagous for me, it might depend on attendence. But yes, that breakdown makes sense.

camaroracer1992
07-13-2007, 08:50 AM
i say keep it by generation........ you start getting all these cry babies about all these diff yr brackets its dumb..... each generation (other then first) spanned about 10 yrs each just deal with it.

Blackbirdws6
07-13-2007, 11:29 AM
not crying at all to be honest, but facts are facts. I wasn't interested in breaking things up into a million different classes because this car had this wing available or this side molding. I will show my car with pride and enjoy the day like I always do.

69RSZ
08-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Tim or Justin,do you have a list of classes and awards for each class that you can post?.

Tru2Chevy
08-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Tim or Justin,do you have a list of classes and awards for each class that you can post?.

http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showpost.php?p=298582&postcount=11

In post #11 of this thread I listed all of the categories that will be available for judging, the only addition to that list will be Best Pace Car, since we had several people suggest that to us.

We will have trophies (for some) and plaques (for all) to give away to our winners.

- Justin

69RSZ
08-08-2007, 07:14 PM
so there will be judgeing or will it be peoples choice voteing? I guess if judges will be looking at cars will it be like a show n shine type of judgeing or will you be looking at the chassis and correctness as far as stock classes go.

Tru2Chevy
08-08-2007, 07:51 PM
As stated in the first post:

Voting will continue to be by spectator/attendee choice. We will be handing out the ballots at the gate that will list each category, special award, and Best of Show lines separately. We prefer this voting method as it does not call for any one person's personal opinion, nor does it benefit any sort of "friends" system.

- Justin

NJSPEEDER
08-10-2007, 04:01 PM
i jstu picked up the rest of the trophies, they look amazing. i can't wait to see who earns that 5ft tall best of show trophy, it looks killer. :) there are trophies for top 3 best of show, top 3 for firebird and camaro in each generation, winner and runner up for all the racing classes, and special trophies courtesy of fquick for the best camaro and best firebird. :)
it's a lotta damn trophies. lol

bubba428
08-10-2007, 04:48 PM
what about a Klunker Klass....or baddest V6??? I'm not even gonna make it this year but it would be cool to see

IROCZman15
08-10-2007, 09:35 PM
awesome, cant wait to be there!

camarorat
08-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Can you race and still be in the show car running?