PDA

View Full Version : Language

BonzoHansen
12-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Lounge
Open topic forum. Content: PG13 (we're actually serious about this one.....)

Then why is the use of 'colorful' language allowed? There are even thread names containing f#$k & sh#t

Kind of curious what the limit here is.

:?:

hardline_42
12-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Good observation. I've noticed that too.

NJSPEEDER
12-27-2006, 03:16 PM
PG13 movies do have charactors with "dirty" mouths in them, so the words used woudl be acceptable.
i think cleaning up the titles sounds like a good call since so many people check the web site while "on a break" at work or students "between classes" at school. :)

BonzoHansen
12-27-2006, 04:49 PM
Hard to claim family oriented with foul language. A lot of people don't go for that. IMO, go with the 'tightest' definition.

camarogirl57
12-31-2006, 09:49 AM
I agree, good point. I hope it can clean up; otherwise, it's just a great place!

NJSPEEDER
12-31-2006, 10:40 AM
with some changes coming in the new year we are addressing the lanuguage issue. hope to have it resolved and working with in the next few weeks as we roll out some other new features and changes. :)

Tsar
12-31-2006, 10:45 AM
wow so i wont be able to say, ****, ****, slut, cumguzzler and twatbasket anymore? wtf? i think some need to lighten up its everyday language...

NJSPEEDER
12-31-2006, 10:59 AM
it won't be so much about what you type as how it is dealt with ;)
we will have a new home for all teh cursing and what not you would liek to do soon enough :)

BonzoHansen
12-31-2006, 11:13 AM
wow so i wont be able to say, ****, ****, slut, cumguzzler and twatbasket anymore? wtf? i think some need to lighten up its everyday language...

Not for everybody.

Knipps
12-31-2006, 07:42 PM
curious to see where this goes...

NJSPEEDER
12-31-2006, 08:09 PM
nothing major really. we are jsut going to change things up around a little. expect an announcement with in the next few days about it. :)

Savage_Messiah
01-02-2007, 09:53 PM
a whole NWS forum? that'd be awesome

NJSPEEDER
01-03-2007, 04:42 PM
yes, it will be announced as soon as we get the new forum and permissions all set up. it will be part of the new supporting member program we are rolling out. :)

69RSZ
01-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Too late,the site is out of control.Im outta here.Please delete my account.

NJSPEEDER
01-03-2007, 06:00 PM
interesting final post.
if anyone else has concerns about how the site is run, please let one of the admins know. not saying anything and just leaving doesn't really help anyone.

Tsar
01-03-2007, 06:01 PM
interesting final post.
if anyone else has concerns about how the site is run, please let one of the admins know. not saying anything and just leaving doesn't really help anyone.
weeds out the pussies, so its ok

69RSZ
01-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Your posts and avatar really represent the level of this website. Im sure the moderators are just as guilty for letting it continue.So being a 7 year old in my family accidently seen your childish avatar I cannot continue to let it happen again.I didnt realize this site has become XXX rated.

BonzoHansen
01-03-2007, 09:20 PM
weeds out the pussies, so its okRight. Everyone should simply drop to your level of behavior. No one should expect you to step up. The fact that you appear upset by this thread is interesting.

I don't know if the posts by 69RSZ is honest or sarcasm (I am unfamiliar with the user), but I have had that same basic sentiment mentioned to me by people from other sites and at shows. Even from people on this site, who have told me they generally only post in the tech areas because of some of the stuff that is posted.

Unless Tim and Justin tell me otherwise (feel free to correct me), I believe this is a car club that welcomes all people of all ages who share one common interest – cars. It is not simply a hangout for childish teenagers to act like drunken mean frat boys. If the goal of the club is to grow then a certain level of decorum is needed.

69RSZ is correct, anything offensive on this site first & foremost reflects directly on Tim & Justin, and then the rest of us.

JL8Jeff
01-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Ron is right, things are getting a little out of control with the language, the arguing and badmouthing, some of the pictures and avatars. The worst thing is that we just lost a true F-body enthusiast here in NJ. Ron has the 35th Anniv GMMG car, the 69 RS/Z28, a 68 Z28, a 67 Z28 and a 71 Chevelle SS454. These are the kind of car people Tim and Justin are trying to get to join and the immaturity level has caused us to lose a good member. Try to clean things up guys or we'll lose more people. If you want to curse each other out, take to AIM.

NJSPEEDER
01-03-2007, 11:52 PM

i think you just provided the perfect example of what so many think needs to be changed around here and the reason that we are making changes.

NJSPEEDER
01-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Your posts and avatar really represent the level of this website. Im sure the moderators are just as guilty for letting it continue.So being a 7 year old in my family accidently seen your childish avatar I cannot continue to let it happen again.I didnt realize this site has become XXX rated.

it would be vastly more helpful and would make your point better if you were to bring your concerns to the attention of those who can make the appropriate changes. we have admins and moderators for a reason, to help the membership.
if you sit quitely and then jsut say you are quiting without explanation, what purpose does it serve?
for us to effect the changes needed to improve the site and the club, first we need to know what changes people woudl liek to see.

scott brought up the language thing as an honest concern, it has been discussed and we are working on making ammendments to the forum structure, language controls, and forum rules as a result.
that is how the system has to work, as a two way street. i am not a mind reader and sitting at this computer is not my full time job. i do what i can when i have the time and resources to get things done. if that isn't a fast enough system for you or i am not picking the solutions you want out of thin air, all i can say is i am sorry and i hope to see you out at some of our events some time.

Tsar
01-04-2007, 01:20 AM
i think you just provided the perfect example of what so many think needs to be changed around here and the reason that we are making changes.
ok let me be more politically correct, not like there isnt enough of that around. *weeds out people who act like female genetalia, so its ok*
ohh god, is that better?.. i guess saying what u think is not welcomed anymore - ive said many times ban me and ill go away..

NJSPEEDER
01-04-2007, 03:35 PM
all i said was that you provided the example of why so many have asked for change.
the club and the forum members are evolving into something larger and more advanced that we ever anticipated. it is time to step up to the level our membership is requesting before this turns into jsut one more of those clubs/sites that people used to talk about.

Fleetwiz
01-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Nasty Z28 has a "spec projects" section that you have to access an admin for a password. So any "offensive" material is posted there. This way the site remains "clean" for the family type units and you know exactly what to expect when you enter spec projects. Seems to work well.

NJSPEEDER
01-06-2007, 06:37 PM
we are going to have a second lounge with mroe open rules about content and language soon. just need to tie up a few loose ends before we are ready to open up shop on it.
there will also be a new user agreement that everyone will get a chance to sign off on before they go into the forums :) it will be much more formal and specific than the generic one that everybody agreed to when they first signed up.

BonzoHansen
01-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Nasty Z28 has a "spec projects" section that you have to access an admin for a password. So any "offensive" material is posted there. This way the site remains "clean" for the family type units and you know exactly what to expect when you enter spec projects. Seems to work well.I also like the way Team Camaro does it. You have to sign up in your user CP.

The purpose of our Bench Racing forum was to keep the main forums full of technical info as an aid to building a searchable resource.

Team Camaro has always been considered a "work and family friendly" site in regards to the topics, photos and links which are available here.

In an effort to cover all interests and still keep our policies for the public forums, (specifically Bench Racing), we have setup a new area.

We have a special forum called Current Events.

It is not viewable UNLESS you join the Current Events Group. Once you join it will appear as another forum, directly after Bench Racing.

Political posts and other topics not generally accepted in the current Bench Racing forum can be posted here (eg: ebabe threads) and may be moved from Bench to this new section.

How do I join this Group?

Click on UserCP at the top left of any page.
Under the heading on the left, Control Panel, scroll down to the Miscellaneous Category.
Click the link that says: Group Memberships
On the page that comes up, read the description and if interested, click "Join Group"
Use the same procedure to leave the group.

This is NOT a free-for-all forum but is pretty open.

NOTE: DUE TO RECENT REGISTRATIONS OF NON-CAMARO PARTICIPANTS APPROVAL IS NOW REQUIRED - please allow extra time.

There is no moderator.

Approval and the user must set it up - then they can't cry about content.

Kudos for moving ahead. It's good for the club.

Savage_Messiah
01-07-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm down for that... can we bring the buddy list thread back in it? :D

NJSPEEDER
01-07-2007, 09:46 PM
ummmmm........no

unstable bob gable
01-08-2007, 12:50 AM
But cursin' is cool. Just like smokin'! :lol:

Savage_Messiah
01-10-2007, 11:50 PM
ummmmm........no