PDA

View Full Version : Rendezvous by Claude Lelouch

LS1Hawk
12-28-2006, 10:15 AM
This is amazing. Real driver, real streets of Paris, real traffic, real pedestrians. Make sure to read the description to the right of the vid:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2851488008488190547&q=rendezvous

IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169173/

NJSPEEDER
12-28-2006, 02:02 PM
nice drivin!
around the 6:30 mark he cuts a really tight corner and you just see someone's legs flash past teh camera. lol

Knipps
12-28-2006, 04:13 PM
nice drivin!
around the 6:30 mark he cuts a really tight corner and you just see someone's legs flash past teh camera. lol

^ misleading... i thought he hit someone :lol:

still some badass driving

NJSPEEDER
12-28-2006, 07:02 PM
being a french film maker the odds are that the driver was also french(big time national pride thing over there), so i am trying to think of what young jet setters would have been french and in F1 back then to hang out with a film maker and make such a movie.
the number of french drivers in F1 was pretty slim in the late 70's and early 80's, much less the ones brash enough to do something like this on public roads.
possible suspects:

Patrick Depailler was a very good driver, won a few GP during his career including Monte Carlo in 1978 before passing away shortly after the British GP in 1980.

Jacques Laffite was an excellant driver and had a fairly long F1 career. he won 6 GP and was actually born in Paris just as the filmmaker in question did. he certainly had a rebel streak in him from some of the stories i read, which makes him a good candidate to do something like this. he was talented enough to continue driving all the way up to 1986

Jean Pierre Jabouille was around at the time. good driver, won a few GP. but stories i can find of his life/career don't lead me to believe he was enough of a wild man to attack a public road like this.

Jean Pierre Jarier was a serviceable driver. always played second chair to bigger names though. he was well past his prime in 1978, peaking in 1975 scoring points 5 times, sitting on a few poles, and setting a few fastest laps. never won a GP.

René Arnoux won 7 GP in his career, but i can't really find much else on him in a quick search. i doubt a task like this would end up in the hands of someone who wasn't flashy or out for a thrill, but it is possible that a driver in his early 30's would take the chance on the streets.

one non-french driver to consider, Riccardo Patrese. extremely talented and pushed every part of life to the extreme. he was an italian driver with a flare for the dramatic.

by the way, in 1978 a few americans ventured around the F1 tour. you may have heard of some of them, Mario Andretti(1978 World Champion and member of Philly Region of the SCCA since the mid-60's), Eddie Cheever who has won in jsut about every form of sports cars in north america, and some 25 year old upstart named Bobby Rahal made 2 starts during the 1978 season, he went on to run pretty well at a place called Indy over the next few decades :D

ar0ck
12-28-2006, 09:07 PM
I have it on DVD, if anyone wants some Copies?

The car in the video is still widely debated !

NJSPEEDER
12-28-2006, 09:20 PM
i would love to have a copy of it. :)

Knipps
12-29-2006, 12:09 AM
i would love to have a copy of it. :)

:metoo:

that's one must own DVD

LS1Hawk
12-29-2006, 06:24 AM
I have it on DVD, if anyone wants some Copies?

The car in the video is still widely debated !

Me three...I would love a copy!

The IMDB page says the film was made in 1976...so I'm assume the person who wrote the description on the google video might have had the year wrong, but I would think drivers mentioned above could still be possibilities.

LS1Hawk
12-29-2006, 06:44 AM
Some more info on it from Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%27%C3%A9tait_un_rendez-vous

Tru2Chevy
12-29-2006, 08:45 AM
This is a cool link from the wiki.....

http://bhendrix.com/wall/Gmaps_GVideo_Mashup_Rendezvous.html

- Justin

79dizZy28
12-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Me three...I would love a copy!

Me four :nod:

Blacdout96
12-30-2006, 12:15 AM
well i think he did use a Benz, as what states on there. If you listen closely, sometimes the soudn of the Ferrari fades in and out suggesting it was cropped into it. and it couldnt of been him, unless he was a regular at tracks, i doubt he could of drove like that. I agree that it had to be a french racecar driver cause it was a bitter time for a euro racer drive for a different country manufacturer. Mario Andretti was not born In America, but was half an American driver and Half Italian, tho he favored Ferrari ( what Italian wouldnt) So it makes me think, who is that mystery driver? it's gonna be stuck in my head now till I find the damn answer. Curse you Claude!!!

r0nin89
12-30-2006, 12:20 AM
French-1
American and Everyone else- idk I lost count...

Way to go French your finally on the board!

NJSPEEDER
12-30-2006, 09:53 AM
French-1
American and Everyone else- idk I lost count...

Way to go French your finally on the board!

:rofl:

r0nin89
12-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Wait this has been brought to my attension... blowjob and rendezvous

French - 2
America - 92837461382347123814 and counting...

O noe this just in French retreats in WW2 - 1 point...