PDA

View Full Version : Another Event Idea

NJSPEEDER
01-02-2007, 03:48 PM
on LS1Tech someone suggested the idea of a "Cruise for New Years". woudl anyone be interested in a little point to point cruise next new years eve?
maybe mix in a few back roads and a few highway miles to someplace we can all hang out and safely ring in the new year.
good idea or bad?

BonzoHansen
01-02-2007, 07:29 PM
You'd have to get these drunks out of bed. :)

NJSPEEDER
01-02-2007, 08:59 PM
lol

i was thinking we coudl get a bunch of us and other local hot rod/muscle car folks to cruise from one place to another place.
the end point would be best if itwas someplace with food, drinks, and someplace to crash after midnight. figure a meet up time between 3 and 4 and a leave teh parking lot time of 5 or so. get to where ever by 7 and party our faces off until the ball drops.
it si a cool idea, i wish i coudl say it was an original. lol

BonzoHansen
01-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Oh, I thought you meant a N.Y.day cruise. Not a N.Y.Eve cruise. I'm not sure how well that might fly. The older guys probalby won't take their cars out that night. I wouldn't, too many morons out there. And the younger guys won't have any hotel money. :laugh:

Batman
01-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Good idea, but you better start cutting a deal with mother nature now. I know I don't bring my car out in the salt.

Tsar
01-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Oh, I thought you meant a N.Y.day cruise. Not a N.Y.Eve cruise. I'm not sure how well that might fly. The older guys probalby won't take their cars out that night. I wouldn't, too many morons out there. And the younger guys won't have any hotel money. :laugh:
ehh i just spend 400 bucks for one night stay in a hotel in nyc, so not all of us a poor. but i dont think i would go on a cruise. its kinda far away to be 100% sure but thats my current opinion.

NJSPEEDER
01-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Good idea, but you better start cutting a deal with mother nature now. I know I don't bring my car out in the salt.

with your hot rod, with your beater, whatever. just thought it sounded like a good way to have a fun and safe new years eve with a group of like minded people. i know i would certainly feel better knowing all my friends were safe and having fun together.
if you guys think it is something that would get a following i will start looking into it.