PDA

View Full Version : car bogged and stalled

chrisfrom nj
01-09-2007, 04:48 PM
my 92 camaro rs bogged and stalled now i turn the key and no power to the ignition no gauges nothing what can it be

98tadriver
01-09-2007, 04:58 PM
1.) check your battery terminals! i hate those f^%ing sidepost terminals... another great idea by gm

2.) see if your headlights even come on. if not, try changing your battery. if you have lights, and it starts, then your altenator has a bad connection/fusible link or is most likely bad

Got headlights, but Still no start ?
3.) did you mess with your VATS?

This doesnt help you?? Still nothing?

Youre on your own lol

DieselKickYoAss4Sure
01-09-2007, 05:42 PM
prolly battery cables or a fuse cant see it being anything else!

98tadriver
01-09-2007, 05:56 PM
ahhh put a diesel engine in it, itll run faster. your camaro will have like 300hp and 1100lb ft of torque!

camaro2you
01-09-2007, 05:58 PM
im gonna take a guess and say a fuseable link blew going to the starter/bad connections

chrisfrom nj
01-09-2007, 06:36 PM
1.) check your battery terminals! i hate those f^%ing sidepost terminals... another great idea by gm

2.) see if your headlights even come on. if not, try changing your battery. if you have lights, and it starts, then your altenator has a bad connection/fusible link or is most likely bad

Got headlights, but Still no start ?
3.) did you mess with your VATS?

This doesnt help you?? Still nothing?

Youre on your own lolthe headlights go on you turn the key and nothing you turn the key the engine doesnt crank or anything i went underneath and jumped the starter it cranks the car has a 305 tbi motor

chrisfrom nj
01-09-2007, 06:39 PM
prolly battery cables or a fuse cant see it being anything else!im going to check it out tomorrow morning what fuse could it be i checked all of them they are all good i allso checked the ignition switch and still nothing

chrisfrom nj
01-09-2007, 06:40 PM
im gonna take a guess and say a fuseable link blew going to the starter/bad connectionshow do i know which one where can i get a fusable link

camaro2you
01-09-2007, 07:36 PM
i dont know who sells them but your local parts store sells fusible link wire, and that is what i used, to know if the link went bad take take the wire off the starter and put power to each of the wires and see if it is coming through the link with a test light on the other end. let me know if you need any picutres or anything.

Cody

chrisfrom nj
01-09-2007, 09:07 PM
i dont know who sells them but your local parts store sells fusible link wire, and that is what i used, to know if the link went bad take take the wire off the starter and put power to each of the wires and see if it is coming through the link with a test light on the other end. let me know if you need any picutres or anything.

Codythanks alot im going to check them out tomorrow morning i have to pick up a new test light i'll keep you guys posted

Batman
01-10-2007, 06:23 AM
A4 or T5? Could be a park/neutral switch or clutch override also.

camaro2you
01-10-2007, 01:50 PM
The bogging sounds like it was from the fuel pump getting cut off from the power loss.

90FormulaWS6
01-10-2007, 01:55 PM
chris im following this thread if you need any help hit me up on AIM

chrisfrom nj
01-10-2007, 09:06 PM
i fixed it it was a broken wire on the starter i poked it with the test light and the plastic broke no wire it was like the wire melted for some reason luckly the fuseable link was still good. thanks for your help everyone if you guys ever need anything let me know

chrisfrom nj
01-16-2007, 03:30 PM
is the wire going to break again i hooked it up and sodered the wire to the fusable link on one end and i bolted the other end up to the starter now my car has a high idle like the timeing is too advance then when i turn the car off then turn it back on it idles normal and has more power do you think the computer may be going or a sencor