PDA

View Full Version : do you trust your mechanic?

GrandmasterCow
01-09-2007, 10:54 PM
prob repost, hah, but here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiCAJ8ULnaI

Knipps
01-09-2007, 11:00 PM
that's why i had questions about them suggesting my trans flush

V
01-09-2007, 11:08 PM
when i was a mechanic, we'd get tons of cars in with people sayign they just had work done or they were told they needed something. we'd be up front with them all the time. By running the shop like that we became very busy and would work on an average of 30 cars a day between the owner and myself. We were always packed with satisfied customers who'd recommend us to even more people. About 2 years after i left, everythign went downhill though, the owner started seeing how mcuh profit could be made by overcharging and all, now the shop works on like 4-5 cars a day. I think its funny, i still use the shop for towing and buying parts from dealers but i would never trust any of my vehicles there anymore, its a sad thign to be honest.

maroman88
01-10-2007, 01:40 AM
haha i love when they do stories like that

SupermanX24
01-10-2007, 05:29 AM
Of course there was a camaro in the video :lol:

Fast92RS
01-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Thats pretty old. When I worked at a dealer we had cars come in all the time because of Jiffy lube doing something stupid like forgeting to put oil back in the car.

Untamed
01-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Oil change: $24.95.

Spot painting: $100.00

Aerowing replacement: $400 + labor

Being able to work on your own car: Priceless

For everything else, there's a sucker with a Mastercard waiting to use it.

best of both
01-10-2007, 05:45 PM
I deal with issues like that on a regular basis. Pick up the news paper some time and look at all the jobs available for qualifies tech's. That should give you a good idea of the type of people they hire. If I make one of the get togethers I will say more. Because of my job I will stop at that.

slasherbarb
01-11-2007, 09:06 AM
the whole thing about that quota thing is absolutely true...we had one when i worked at strauss (basically beat last year's numbers on the same day)...you saw a lot of upselling especially from the techs that got comission...i was an installer so i didn't give a ****..but our techs actually did all of the work...not sure of other strauss autos...but thats why i do my own work on the car now...

Ian
01-11-2007, 12:26 PM
I dont get commision and I'm paid hourly so I have no reason to do crap like that.

OneFast383
01-11-2007, 03:15 PM
i was a service writer at the strauss with barb and i would sell the hell out of some radiator and trans flushes but like he said our techs did the work

Ian
01-12-2007, 12:15 AM
I personally only sell whats needed. I dont feel like working on a car and fixing **** that isnt broken :lol:

98tadriver
01-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Those F'ng bastards. how f'n lazy can they [jiffy lube] be?? god i hate them with all of my heart and to think i went there a couple times... OH I REMEMBER NOW- they didnt screw the oil filter on tight, and no windshield washer fluid fill on my 87 caprice- i get home and oil was leakin out the bottom, im like wtf??? and tightened it up, went back and read them the riot act. nobody, and i mean nobody F"s with me especially when it comes to my vehicles. dumb mexicans what a bunch of hijos del mil putas! i change all my own oil after that

Knipps
01-13-2007, 02:16 AM
Those F'ng bastards. how f'n lazy can they [jiffy lube] be?? god i hate them with all of my heart and to think i went there a couple times... OH I REMEMBER NOW- they didnt screw the oil filter on tight, and no windshield washer fluid fill on my 87 caprice- i get home and oil was leakin out the bottom, im like wtf??? and tightened it up, went back and read them the riot act. nobody, and i mean nobody F"s with me especially when it comes to my vehicles. dumb mexicans what a bunch of hijos del mil putas! i change all my own oil after that

i understood one word of that spanish but it was all i needed :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BonzoHansen
01-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Jiffy Lube guys are not mechanics. The TV News saying "Is Your Mechanic Cheating You" gives real mechanics bad names.

They give good businesses bad names.

A jeep fuel filter is on top of the gas tank?

Ian
01-13-2007, 11:35 AM
yeah, jiffy lube employees are just lube techs. they're not real mechanics.

and yes, on those grand cherokees the fuel filter is on top of the gas tank

https://w05.dealerconnect.chrysler.com/service/mds2002/serviceInfo/en_US/80a58b62.gif

BonzoHansen
01-13-2007, 01:42 PM
that is an odd design. can you get it w/o dropping the tank?

Ian
01-13-2007, 04:15 PM
nope :lol:

curt86iroc
01-15-2007, 09:00 PM
whatevah!