PDA

View Full Version : How do I wire 2 radios into 1 set of speakers?

HardcoreZ28
01-13-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm putting good speakers into my T-bird and plan on keeping the stock radio functional but I'm also going to hide a modern headunit somewhere under the dash or seat. Both will be playing out of the same speakers. How do I wire that up so I don't get any kind of funny distortion between the two? Obviously I won't have both head units running at the same time. I think I need some kind of relay switch off of the remote wire in the modern unit but I'm not sure.

chrisfrom nj
01-15-2007, 01:22 AM
i think you can hook them up the same way all you have to do is turn one radio off and turn the other one on with a modern radio you need a constant 12 volt source and a switched with the stock radio you have 12 volts switched alot people put the modern radio in the glove compartment

enRo
01-15-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm putting good speakers into my T-bird and plan on keeping the stock radio functional but I'm also going to hide a modern headunit somewhere under the dash or seat. Both will be playing out of the same speakers. How do I wire that up so I don't get any kind of funny distortion between the two? Obviously I won't have both head units running at the same time. I think I need some kind of relay switch off of the remote wire in the modern unit but I'm not sure.

My dad has that setup in his E350 van. Its a very very nice setup actually. Ill grab some pictures tomorrow and I'll ask him how he did it.

HardcoreZ28
01-16-2007, 07:42 AM
My dad has that setup in his E350 van. Its a very very nice setup actually. Ill grab some pictures tomorrow and I'll ask him how he did it.

That would be great......thanks man

WildBillyT
01-21-2007, 12:00 PM
A word of caution- if you come across a Custom Autosound product and think that that's good enough for you... pass on it. They look stock but certainly don't have the modern output from my experience.