View Full Version : rather annoying video

Knipps
01-17-2007, 12:33 AM
http://www.fquick.com/videos/viewvideo.php?id=1033
:evil:

discuss

Fast92RS
01-17-2007, 07:18 AM
Kinda true but Jaguar are far worse than any amaerican car. Damn Brits.

maroman88
01-17-2007, 12:25 PM
isnt jag owned by FORD lol

flamer drivin with the top down and windows up!

NJSPEEDER
01-17-2007, 12:32 PM
top gear hates on everything american.
it is obvious they don't really know what us drivers or our cars are like. everything gets compared to a cheese burger or a mini van because that is all they know about from our country. maybe someday they will all realize that most of the "great" european companies are owned by americans, employ american engineers, and rely on the american manufacturers for the bulk of their parts.
other than mercedes benz, most of the world gets 30% or more of their parts from GM sub corporations.

BonzoHansen
01-17-2007, 12:46 PM
I like a good cheeseburger...not so much a minivan.

WildBillyT
01-17-2007, 01:20 PM
it is obvious they don't really know what us drivers or our cars are like. everything gets compared to a cheese burger or a mini van because that is all they know about from our country. maybe someday they will all realize that most of the "great" european companies are owned by americans, employ american engineers, and rely on the american manufacturers for the bulk of their parts.
other than mercedes benz, most of the world gets 30% or more of their parts from GM sub corporations.

What's really funny is that British automotive press (print and TV) hate on American cars, but all of the guys at Goodwood racetrack refer to the 'Vette as the best car in their stable- over the Ferrari 355, 360, Porsche GT, Lambo Diablo, and a bunch of other heavy hitters.

Tsar
01-17-2007, 02:20 PM
um...newsflash top gear hates on everything not British, and makes fun of pretty much everyone equally, so don't get your panties in a bunch. What's really sad to me is when he asked those people simple geography and such questions, that was pathetic... if i was in charge of population control those would be among the first ones to go. I mean, sure its true high schools in US is way easier and they teach way less stuff then they do in Europe but their knowledge was pathetic to say the least.

NJSPEEDER
01-17-2007, 03:47 PM
as usual, you are failing to see the obvious. why would i care what the capitol of a european country is? why would i stop to talk to some british weirdo with a TV camera when i am in vegas?
give a negative commentary about the US educational system all you want, fact is more people leave their home country to attend high school and college in the US than any other nation in the world.

Tsar
01-17-2007, 04:10 PM
as usual, you are failing to see the obvious. why would i care what the capitol of a european country is? why would i stop to talk to some british weirdo with a TV camera when i am in vegas?
give a negative commentary about the US educational system all you want, fact is more people leave their home country to attend high school and college in the US than any other nation in the world.

I'm failing to see the obvious? Yea i guess i can't look past peoples stupitidy, its too hard for me, im sorry. if someone cant answer a simple question about geography which was tought in elementary school then i have a right to make fun of them.
Um..i said high school in US is easier, i didnt talk about how many people go where or why. I really dont care. If you wanna argue about who's more intellegent, why dont you take an average 10th grade Japanese student and 10th grade American student and give them test in math and see who scores higher. :rofl: As far as people coming here for college, well yea thats true, US has the most opportunities in the world and most of the time companies here don't give a crap about diplomas from other places. So you have one choice, come here and get your education. Well maybe with an execption of pilots. More then 50% of my school were Europeans, do you know why? BECAUSE ITS EASIER, AND CHEAPER!!!. It was cheaper for them to come to US, get their lisence, go back and convert their lisences to European standards then it was to stay there and get it in thier home country. How do i know? they told me. Or maybe you would like to argue about that too? But you're right your average Lowe's employee doesnt have to know anything about Europe, its ok, stay ignorant - like they told you in highschool at least you tryed.

http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/potential.jpg

NJSPEEDER
01-17-2007, 04:29 PM
you are failing to understand. why would any american care about the capitols of europe? it isn't something that is taught in america in detail BECAUSE IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE IN OUR LIVES!!!!!
american engineering and medical schools are also, on average, the highest rated and most expensive in the world.
the reason most major corporations in the US, and the rest of the world for that matter, are not concerned with specific degrees is that about 60% of college graduates do not work in a career field that is directly related to the degree they earned. example, i have a finance degree and i work in a warehouse. why would i do that? because i am happier doing this than i ever was doing office work.
so what is your next theory about how lame we are gonna be?

Tsar
01-17-2007, 04:58 PM
you are failing to understand. why would any american care about the capitols of europe? it isn't something that is taught in america in detail BECAUSE IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE IN OUR LIVES!!!!!
american engineering and medical schools are also, on average, the highest rated and most expensive in the world.
the reason most major corporations in the US, and the rest of the world for that matter, are not concerned with specific degrees is that about 60% of college graduates do not work in a career field that is directly related to the degree they earned. example, i have a finance degree and i work in a warehouse. why would i do that? because i am happier doing this than i ever was doing office work.
so what is your next theory about how lame we are gonna be?
Yes, common sense doesn't makes difference in people's lives. I've noticed believe me. As i sat in many classes throughout high school and college and laughed at people, i knew that they forgot to teach common sense. Common sense such as square root of 9, or the past tense of swim is swam and not swimmed, or the plane has to land straight and not sideways.. I mean i'm not saying that to be smart you have to know the capitals of the world, but if someone asks you what the capital of England (Great Britain for 'tards) is and you have a stupid look on your face then i'm sorry YOU'RE STUPID. There's just no way around it. I bet you can ask a 7 year old in England whats the Capital of US and he'll tell that its Washington DC. Does he need that knowledge to be successful in his life? Hell no, who the hell gives a **** what the Capital of a coutry is that's 8 thousands miles away, but hey some like knowing that stuff, like i said its common sense. They don't teach it, i dont think.
oh and another thing, i was sitting in class one time and a teacher asked what the capital of NJ was... quite a few people managed to get it wrong. So its not just about European coutries, but then again you dont need to know that either.

As far as most people don't get jobs according to their degree. Well some cant find it, and some are just plain stupid even with that piece of paper. And yea im sure you're happier to work in a warehouse making 50ish grand a year then you would be sitting in a stupid office and making 100+. yea.

Knipps
01-17-2007, 05:09 PM
:popcorn:

Tsar
01-17-2007, 05:09 PM
for some reason this picture seems fitting for this thread
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/Kingvitali/worldusa.gif

WildBillyT
01-17-2007, 05:33 PM
We build bad cars? Ok, fine. What has come out of Britain recently? Jag? American. Aston Martin? Also American. Land Rover? Yep, American. TVR was bought by a Russian, and the only reason it's still British is because he decided to leave it that way. Those Brits did such a great job that most (if not all) of their big name automotive brands are now American, and books called Jaguars that run exist. The Jaguar IRS has been described as horrible by design, and there was a recall to the sport tuned Vanden Plas suspension years ago that told the servicemen to rip out the sport tuned crap and replace it with regular springs and shocks.

I don't give two ****s about what questions they ask, or how we stack up to the rest of the world. I'm sure they picked Vegas for a reason- most people there are morons, and it proves their point.

I'm sure it would be easy to create a battery of questions about America that most of us would answer correctly that morons around the globe would miss.

Basically, it's just American bashing, and that's fine. It isn't the first time that's happened, nor the last. Anybody who is a student of logic or statistics knows that making blanket statements about a large population based upon a non-randomized smaller sample size is total garbage. I thought Top Gear was above this type of thing, but I was in error.

NJSPEEDER
01-17-2007, 07:56 PM
if the square root of nine was an issue you had to learn in high school and college my only remaining question is, was your helmet yelow or did you get one of the cool white ones with the red stripe?

it seems everytime there is a debate you fail to see the pertanent information in the context of either time or location. you are in america, why teh hell woudl any of us care what the capitol of another country is? geography is not something pertanent to my hobbies, interests, or career field, so i, like nearly all americans, really have no reason to know such information.
that is the point, and it is so simple. yet it aparently completely escapes you.

somehow you think when randomly walking down the street in vegas, the land of free drinks and distractions of everyday life, everyone should have the capitols of the world right on the tip of their tongue just in case so jackass with a camera is standing there.

98tadriver
01-17-2007, 07:57 PM

werd i hate those guys. and of course nobody can name european countries when they are all tanked up. look at them, theyre drunk as hell!

WildBillyT
01-17-2007, 08:03 PM
somehow you think when randomly walking down the street in vegas, the land of free drinks and distractions of everyday life, everyone should have the capitols of the world right on the tip of their tongue just in case so jackass with a camera is standing there.

Exactly. Do you think somebody tanked up in a pub in England would give a rat's ass about an American asking him questions about things he doesn't really deal with in everyday life? I'm guessing the answer is a big fat NO.

Tsar
01-17-2007, 08:07 PM
yes then americans wonder why people outside the countries hate them... but thats not important too :rofl: later nazimod

WildBillyT
01-17-2007, 08:18 PM
yes then americans wonder why people outside the countries hate them... but thats not important too :rofl: later nazimod

Honestly, what type of reaction do you think this video would get? It's basically one long insult. The real shame is that those morons in LV were shown as "typical Americans" when they are really anything but.

NJSPEEDER
01-17-2007, 08:21 PM
i think tehy are fairly typical, people on vacation no caring or thinking about a question some weirdo asked. i would bet that all of us would react basically teh same or possibly even lob a profanity lace insult his way.
does that make us any less intelligent than someone who lives in europe? i doubt it. how many of them do you think could walk out of their locval pub on a pay week and tell us what the capitol of new york state is? i woudl bet very few if any.