PDA

View Full Version : Worst Autocrosser ever.

WildBillyT
01-29-2007, 11:18 PM
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c498a697-0432-48e4-8122-6fb0247637a9.htm

WildBillyT
01-29-2007, 11:21 PM
The second part looks like he changed the tach and rearview mirror...

bad64chevelle
01-29-2007, 11:28 PM
I must admit that car sounds healthy.

WildBillyT
01-29-2007, 11:30 PM
I must admit that car sounds healthy.

Yeah, it does. It probably is a blast to drive... when it's dialed in and driven well.

bad64chevelle
01-29-2007, 11:31 PM
the first car had an "aftermarket" flat hood, and the second video it had the "stock" cowl induction hood. The second video the car sounds ALOT ballsier.

Knipps
01-29-2007, 11:32 PM
donut... wait gotta restart....
:owned:

bad64chevelle
01-29-2007, 11:34 PM
oh it makes me miss my buddies '90 LX...the factory freak...i miss that car :-(

V
01-29-2007, 11:34 PM
wow... i wonder if his tires were any good, lol

maroman88
01-29-2007, 11:36 PM
looks like a few rustangs....

SupermanX24
01-30-2007, 01:27 PM
worst driver....ever!

98tadriver
01-30-2007, 05:14 PM
was he clearing land? BEcause He was PLOWING some trees there.

WayFast84
01-30-2007, 06:10 PM
that looks fun! minus the trees and everything else.

WildBillyT
01-30-2007, 06:23 PM
that looks fun! minus the trees and everything else.

It is. The one thing that this guy failed to remember is one of the basic rules of life: If you are going to do dumb ****, make sure it's not on tape.

deadtrend1
01-30-2007, 06:32 PM
i wanna set up cones in the parking lot behind my house and just go to town ...

90FormulaWS6
01-30-2007, 07:07 PM
i can almost smell the tires roasting through the computer... along with the smell of freshly cut trees and grass

WayFast84
01-30-2007, 07:11 PM
i wanna set up cones in the parking lot behind my house and just go to town ...

I was thinking why can you just do that, but then again, its going to take for ever to find enough cones..

98tadriver
01-30-2007, 07:13 PM
I was thinking why can you just do that, but then again, its going to take for ever to find enough cones..

Not necessarily my friend- Big highway Road construction jobs or NJDOC roadside cleanups FTW. i love to slalom thru their cones.

WayFast84
01-30-2007, 07:21 PM
Not necessarily my friend- Big highway Road construction jobs or NJDOC roadside cleanups FTW. i love to slalom thru their cones.

We also took the peewee footballs cones for a few days too.. sounds like fun, Ill come for a ride in the passanger seat:mrgreen:

1QWIKBIRD
01-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Yeah, it does. It probably is a blast to drive... when it's dialed in and driven well.

Most autocrosses I've been to, you really don't get out of 2nd gear (manual car). It appears that alot of the trouble he's getting into is making the 2-3 shift instead of just holding it in second gear and just over driving the car. That could be too much rear gear or just being overly aggressive. AutoX is all about being smooth on the inputs, steering, braking, throttle......

In order to go fast, you must first learn how to go slow......

Probably the most fun you can legally have in a car on a fun per second kind of scale.

Can't wait for springtime.....

Chris

1QWIKBIRD
01-30-2007, 10:33 PM

I really hope you are joking.......construction zones are not for games.

Blacdout96
01-31-2007, 04:19 PM
Hm, I wanna find an autocross club around here, i heard they have one do one at atco sometimes. Anybody here in an autocross club, I wanna join. And yeah I saw a few times where he got way in pver his head, like when he blippedthe throttle coming out of one of the 90 degree turns and took him right around. stop beinga showoff and go thru smoothly, tho a timed event, just have fun, your no mario andretti lol.

GP99GT
01-31-2007, 08:06 PM
I really hope you are joking.......construction zones are not for games.

it all depends really. i know on 287 they had cones set up for MILES while they were digging up the road, just to block it off early, so theres really no risk involved besides hitting a cone or getting caught doing it

and in response to the video, seems like he spent way too much on the motor and not enough on suspension and tires...i'd bet he could run similar times with a mild 302

1QWIKBIRD
01-31-2007, 09:40 PM
I'll say it again, construction zones are not slalom courses. If you have never done highway/roadway construction/surveying or something similiar you can't appreciate the importance of the drivers respecting the signage, cones, flag-men etc. Those guys are relying on you to have that respect so they can concentrate on doing their job correctly and no constantly looking over their shoulder watching out for speed racer doing his best F1 impersonation. Not trying to start a pissing match, but have the respect and give those guys the space to do their job.

and in response to the video, seems like he spent way too much on the motor and not enough on suspension and tires...i'd bet he could run similar times with a mild 302[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, that motor was far ahead of the suspension/tire/wheel combo in that ride. The ass of that car seemed to go around at will, at least in the hands of that driver.

Chris

GP99GT
02-01-2007, 07:02 AM
im just sayin Qwikbird, theres sections on 287 where they arent even close to doing work yet, they lay out the cones hours early though, so theres nobody even around in miles. im always careful where theyre doing the actual construction, some ****tards are not, like some woman that was riding my ass cause i was going 15mph in a construction zone where the speed limit is normally 25...so as i got to the end of it where there was a cop directing traffic, i kinda made a hand signal pointing back at her, he saw her about 5 feet off my bumper, and made her stop and gave her a talking to.

BonzoHansen
02-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Who wears Mechanix gloves driving? :)

WildBillyT
02-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Who wears Mechanix gloves driving? :)

I don't wear them period. Too big a loss of dexterity IMO.

1QWIKBIRD
02-02-2007, 05:44 PM
im just sayin Qwikbird, theres sections on 287 where they arent even close to doing work yet, they lay out the cones hours early though, so theres nobody even around in miles. im always careful where theyre doing the actual construction, some ****tards are not, like some woman that was riding my ass cause i was going 15mph in a construction zone where the speed limit is normally 25...so as i got to the end of it where there was a cop directing traffic, i kinda made a hand signal pointing back at her, he saw her about 5 feet off my bumper, and made her stop and gave her a talking to.

That's fine, but I'm sure there are young kids on this list who don't have that "good" judgement of when and where to "play" and I'd hate to see one of them make a bad decision and someone get hurt....that's all. We've all done stupid ****, the idea is to learn from other people's mistakes.

That's good that the cop picked up on your hint and nailed the ****tard....I actually saw some lazy bastard driving to work on tuesday morning with only half the snow/ice cleared off his windshield. I guess he was too lazy to scrape the whole thing??? Where's the cop then??

Chris