PDA

View Full Version : no power please help

chrisfrom nj
02-21-2007, 03:47 PM
please help i have a 92 camaro rs i drive the car sometimes it has power like crazy off the line it burns rubber then it takes a while to build up speed the fastest it will go is 65 mph and my gas milage sucks like the car is running rich its a 305 tbi motor on good days i can get the car going 110 without a problm

GP99GT
02-21-2007, 04:02 PM
o2 sensors, clogged cat, failing injector(s)...could be a lot of things. not sure if 3rd gens are like my mustang but see if you can get the codes from the computer (could be some even if the check engine light isnt on)

chrisfrom nj
02-21-2007, 04:18 PM
i think it could be a bad injectors it smells like raw gas the cat is gutted new airfilter new gas filter i put on a few months ago i allso have a small exhaust manifold leak

chrisfrom nj
02-21-2007, 06:09 PM
could it be a bad tps or a bad fuel pump

GP99GT
02-21-2007, 06:47 PM
could be a bad TPS, doubt the fuel pump though...and yeah your injectors could be sticking open and spraying a ****load of fuel in. try running it for a bit and pull out your plugs and see if theres raw fuel on them, smell em. the exhaust leak shouldnt cause intermittent problems. theres a way to test the TPS, you have to find out what the idle voltage should be and stuff and test it with a multimeter

chrisfrom nj
02-22-2007, 06:13 PM
it has power it was runnung good all day and now the same thing again what can it be

chrisfrom nj
02-22-2007, 06:14 PM
could be a bad TPS, doubt the fuel pump though...and yeah your injectors could be sticking open and spraying a ****load of fuel in. try running it for a bit and pull out your plugs and see if theres raw fuel on them, smell em. the exhaust leak shouldnt cause intermittent problems. theres a way to test the TPS, you have to find out what the idle voltage should be and stuff and test it with a multimeteri have the tps from a lt1 it looks the same do you think it will work

Blackwizard222
02-25-2007, 12:06 AM
fuel pressure reg or stuck injectors, does the car clack at all? valvetrain noise? could be a bad lifter loading up one of the cylinders...

Batman
02-25-2007, 07:48 AM
Might be injectors. I have a brand new set of stock 55#hr (flow matched) TBI injectors if you want to try them out. I had a similar problem onmy 89 and finally tracked it down to an alternator that was overcharging and f'ing up all my sensors. Put on a new alternator and it was fine, so checking your charging voltage may be a good idea as well. Also check your air cleaner and filter, maybe there is an obstruction in the cleaner itself that is keeping air from getting in there properly. Give your muffler a shake also make sure it is still good (listen for rattles). When you gutted the cat are you SURE you got it all out?