PDA

View Full Version : So, who Auto-Xs here?

ar0ck
02-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Or wants to start!

I know I sure as hell do!

WayFast84
02-21-2007, 09:49 PM
I dont, but it looks fun as hell, and one day would like to try it.

EchoMirage
02-21-2007, 10:57 PM
i started last year, caught 2 days. im going to try and run a full season this year, i if i can.

Savage_Messiah
02-22-2007, 01:20 PM
I've though about building an auto-x car in the future. Maybe another 3.8 4th gen.... just for kicks :)

foff667
02-22-2007, 02:44 PM
I definitly would love to do auto-x again at some point...there are a few members on here that are or were real big into it at one point ;)

jin1481
02-22-2007, 03:59 PM
thats what the 91 rs is going to be made into. an auto-x/drift MONSTER

NJSPEEDER
02-22-2007, 04:07 PM
i used to be very heavy into autocross and even spent a little bit of time helping instruct. i definately miss the challenge and i am hoping my current DD shopping will net me something that gets me back to it.
i have also been lucky enough to do open track days before, i highly recomend it.

Blacdout96
02-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Im looking into getting into it this year. I think a team needs to be erected here. where do you auto X around in Jersey/ tri state area?

NJSPEEDER
02-22-2007, 06:39 PM
a team? is this nascar or something? lol
there are several scca regions around, new york city, philly, south jersey, and north jersey. i think perry still keeps al of their scedules up to date on www.autox4u.com

Blacdout96
02-22-2007, 06:42 PM
a team? is this nascar or something? lol
there are several scca regions around, new york city, philly, south jersey, and north jersey. i think perry still keeps al of their scedules up to date on www.autox4u.com

lol, nah, cause we dont have millions of dollars to spend on our cars, only to make them cookie cutters, and boring, plus, we go left AND right lol. Cool, ill check out the sites, and im hoping i can get some time in this year, I got the damn license, might as well put it to good use

EchoMirage
02-22-2007, 10:17 PM
yeah, we need a team, or at least a group showing of f bodies. the club i go to is overflowing with rice. maybe, MAYBE six V8s out of damn near 80 cars are the norm.

Blacdout96
02-22-2007, 10:20 PM
yeah, we need a team, or at least a group showing of f bodies. the club i go to is overflowing with rice. maybe, MAYBE six V8s out of damn near 80 cars are the norm.

Echo, you, me right now, forming the F-U Body team...sweetness :)

EchoMirage
02-23-2007, 09:30 PM
that sounds kind of dirty

IROCZBeast
02-24-2007, 07:59 AM
I'd really like to give it a shot this year, we should get a group of guys to go together to one event.

EchoMirage
02-24-2007, 10:13 AM
youre in clifton, im in wallington. theres a rinky dink little club that runs in giants stadium on sudays. starts sun. 3/11 for test&tune, then 3/18 for points. $40 to run if youre not a member, lasts all day. alot of yuppies and ricers, though. we should definetely get a group of V8 f-bodies and make a showing. hopefully sometime soon i'll be ordering some strano susp. parts and be more competitive. we should make this like a dyno day or something, and get a good group.

EchoMirage
02-24-2007, 10:13 AM
http://www.motorsportsne.com/

if anyone wants to check it out

jin1481
02-24-2007, 03:55 PM
id show up with a group of f-bodies at an event. some one would have to bring a truck so i could toe back my 91 rs after i finish killing it on the course though.

EchoMirage
02-24-2007, 04:45 PM
so bring the 94. the automatic wont be as fun, but the nice torquey LT1 will be worth it.

qwikz28
02-25-2007, 08:42 AM
i'll probably go a couple times over the summer alex. i know a couple of my buddies from rutgers autocross; i'll probably be going with them.

Savage_Messiah
02-25-2007, 02:50 PM
we should definetely get a group of V8 f-bodies and make a showing.

what about the V6s?

Blacdout96
02-25-2007, 03:28 PM
what about the V6s?

well if there was alittle more pep under our V6's, i think it would perfomr very well due to the better weight distribution.

qwikz28
02-25-2007, 03:38 PM
what about the V6s?

what about them kasey? i thought your only concern was straight line?

Blacdout96
02-25-2007, 03:43 PM

Im turning Kase to the dark side, where he has to turn on the track.

EchoMirage
02-25-2007, 06:03 PM
as long as its an f-body, itll do. we need to make some kind of showing when there are miatas, honduhs, rx7s, and porsches as far as the eye can see

Savage_Messiah
02-25-2007, 10:25 PM
I've though about building an auto-x car in the future. Maybe another 3.8 4th gen.... just for kicks :)

reading mod FTW. This car... just straight line. If I had the funds this would be the drag car, and I'd have another 97 V6 for an autox car/DD 8-)

Im turning Kase to the dark side, where he has to turn on the track.

I do.... it's called the return road :wink:

2MCHPWR
02-27-2007, 08:36 PM
theres a rinky dink little club that runs in giants stadium on sudays....alot of yuppies and ricers, though.

damn bro. a bit harsh?:moon:

I'm part of that club and have been for many years. Its way better than SCCA NNJR (etown) because etown courses are so tight (suck for big fbodies) and the concrete/asphalt is getting ripped up, and their events are so crowded, you get like 6 runs all day.

Our courses are way bigger and faster, and you usually get 10 runs.

we have a diverse group of drivers. I won class A in my old firebird there for the season points 2 years back. We also merged with NASA and PDA, so we do open track events. I won Class A open track season for 2005.

My 2 friends from this board come to a bunch of our events:
198esp1 - kevin
1QWIKBIRD - chris

I don't know if i'm a yuppie and/or a ricer (I know I'm a car guy through and through) but why don't you come on down on March 18th to see if you can beat my rice? :evil:

qwikz28
02-27-2007, 08:40 PM
damn bro. a bit harsh?:moon:

I'm part of that club and have been for many years. Its way better than SCCA NNJR (etown) because etown courses are so tight (suck for big fbodies) and the concrete/asphalt is getting ripped up, and their events are so crowded, you get like 6 runs all day.

Our courses are way bigger and faster, and you usually get 10 runs.

we have a diverse group of drivers. I won class A in my old firebird there for the season points 2 years back. We also merged with NASA and PDA, so we do open track events. I won Class A open track season for 2005.

My 2 friends from this board come to a bunch of our events:
198esp1 - kevin
1QWIKBIRD - chris

I don't know if i'm a yuppie and/or a ricer (I know I'm a car guy through and through) but why don't you come on down on March 18th to see if you can beat my rice? :evil:

my buddy sherif says that all the time. he lives in manalapan which is a minute or two from e-town and he still prefers the giants stadium auto-xs better. he has a s2000 btw

EchoMirage
02-28-2007, 05:33 PM
shoehorning an LS1 into an rx7 (or other lightweight car) isnt rice. its something id think about doing if i didnt already have 3 vehicles and a house being built to worry about. i have been there before, i recognize your car. i was not personally attacking you, nor should you be thinking that i was. what you cant deny is the ratio of american V8s to jap 4cyls there. am i saying this is a particularly bad thing......no. i was commenting to the lack of V8s, particularly f-bodies there. hence the reason i suggested we get together and make a showing. you also cant deny that there ARE yuppies there. dont tell me that radomin in his GT3 isnt one. anyone who wears a lime green shirt with matching socks = yuppie.

and BTW, challenging a 400hp 3600lb car to an autox against a 400hp 2500lb car is hardly a race. thats why they have different classes for different cars.

2MCHPWR
02-28-2007, 06:19 PM
i don't really mind. just playing. but you did call my club dinky. i'm on the board and spend a lot of time making it better.

radomin is alright in my book. anyone who takes a $115k car and modifies it further AND beats the living crap out of it on the race track is cool by me.
when i had my F body up to 2 years back, i always invited other fbodies. they just don't dig the autocross as much as they like draggin. But i still brought a bunch of owners with me when i raced.

and kevin and chris (who bought my firebird) from this board, both attend our events. and rob in the red mustang always kicks major ass there, so v8's are represented.
and i didn't notice your car when i challenged you. i don't care what anyone drives. my goal this year is to have the fastest car there :)

2MCHPWR
02-28-2007, 06:25 PM
oh my car doesn't weigh 2500 :)
it weighed 2730 before I added ABS and PS. So i guess its at about 2750 now. And I might add rollbar soon, so thats an add'l 50 min.

198esp1
02-28-2007, 09:03 PM
One reason there are not a lot of f bodys is that your are not going to be even remotely fast your first several times out. It takes a while to be fast. most f-bod guys cant handle getting spanked by a 90hp ricer so they take the easy road and go drag racing. but When you do go fast in a big v-8 you will get a lot of respect from your fellow racers. M-club has some of the fastest drivers you will find around the north east. same with nnjr and philly region. and Just when you think your fast go to a autocrosser inc. event in MD and race against Sam Stano and let me know how the humble pie taste. (been there) It would be great to get 10-15 f-body guys to a solo event but Im not holding my breath the most i have seen at an event was in MD at ripken stadium and that was 7. Two in f-stock and 5 in esp

qwikz28
03-01-2007, 08:23 AM
f-body guys have a hard time believing that power won't win them a race. i understand that since my car is bigger then most imports that i will be at a disadvantage if anything. i think that makes it alot of fun. i have no problem getting beat up by a couple of little cars, its all for the experience.

i definately wanna try giants stadium track first. it sounds more like my cup-of-tea then the e-town ones. is there a club you have to join or something or is it just show up, pay, pass tech, and race?

2MCHPWR
03-01-2007, 09:08 AM
its $40 for non-members, $30 for members.
you should join if you think you'll do it a few times so it pays for itself.
$35 to join, and you get 1 yr subscription to grassroots motorsports magazine.
http://www.motorsportsne.com/
And besides saving 10 bux on each event, you will get member discounts for events from PDA and NASA since we are partners with them.

Blacdout96
03-01-2007, 04:12 PM
March 18th you say? hmm, i guess i might come down, check it out. what safety items do you need to attend it besides a helmet?

EchoMirage
03-01-2007, 05:30 PM
just a helmet, and usual car saftey stuff. battery secure, nothing loose inside, usual ****. clean out your car and hatch. if you dont have a helmet, they have loaners. if you need, meet me there and ill let you use my older one. only worn a few times, so its not like youre putting on some sweaty thing a dozen others have used. lasts all day, so bring water, food if you want, and a folding chair is great.

2MCHPWR
03-01-2007, 05:55 PM
wear sneakers and fill gas tank up all the way.
if you have f-body, put about 40 psi in your front tires. 30-32 in the rears.

NJSPEEDER
03-01-2007, 07:41 PM
to run anywhere in jersey you also need a hemet. if you don't have one, most of the clubs have loaners that you can share at the event.
i wish i was gonna be home that weekend. sounds like there is gonna be an NJFBOA invasion of an autocros sometime soon.

EchoMirage
03-02-2007, 07:16 PM
i wish i was gonna be home that weekend. sounds like there is gonna be an NJFBOA invasion of an autocros sometime soon.

we can hope. they also have runs on 3/18 and 3/25

GreatSave9
03-03-2007, 11:31 AM
http://www.phillyscca.com
I do some photos for them and ran AutoX once. Couple other F-body guys ran too.

Upcoming event;
3/17 Solo: Winter Series Event #3 @Ripken Stadium

Warminster is the big event that draws like 200+ cars. Some say its more like a National type track, hence thats why they enjoy it so much.

ar0ck
03-03-2007, 03:26 PM
So does anyone want to meet up and go to one at Giant Stadium? I'm down.

qwikz28
03-03-2007, 04:15 PM
i'll go once summer starts with you alex

ins0mnia24
03-03-2007, 05:04 PM
I will be out there once it starts up it is only a mile away from my g/f's house.
Last year on fridays I used to drive right by there getting off the turnpike it looked like fun from what I could see driving right by it.
You can actually see the layout of the course on the parkinglot due to all the tire marks left behind.
Me and my g/f were out there messing around today just following the tire marks in the parking lot
seems like a lot of fun.

Blacdout96
03-03-2007, 06:08 PM
I think i might head there, gotta see whats the schedules like

Savage_Messiah
03-03-2007, 07:23 PM
giants stadium, nice, 20 min drive (depending on traffic)

EchoMirage
03-04-2007, 08:47 AM
So does anyone want to meet up and go to one at Giant Stadium? I'm down.

ill go. i live all of 5 minutes from it, so ill probably meet everyone there. their test&tune is 3/11, no points, and regular season is 3/18. what day is everyone looking at?

ar0ck
03-04-2007, 06:50 PM
I don't think I'll have my fuel pump and tune done by the 11th unfortunately.

V
03-05-2007, 09:25 AM
i'd definately be up for going, but not racing. id just enjoy watching an event like this at giants since its not far, and if a bunch of us f-body guys go, ill tag along. main reason i wont try to run is my car is not setup for handling, being as low as it is, and i havent even driven it for 1.5 years so ill just be getting used to it again as it is.

bubba428
03-06-2007, 10:04 AM
well...if you hade a mildly stiffend suspention...it would be good for road coarse or drag strip you could just change the suspention and tweak a few things...one car could perform both...

Blacdout96
03-08-2007, 08:47 PM
well...if you hade a mildly stiffend suspention...it would be good for road coarse or drag strip you could just change the suspention and tweak a few things...one car could perform both...

yeah its called stock. 4th gens are known for there off the factory handling capabilities. its better to stick to one choice so you can go in that direction then try to maintain both..

alexm
03-09-2007, 12:22 AM
i'm definately up for watching a few until i mod the car i used to autox in scotland

Blacdout96
03-09-2007, 12:38 PM
alex, you can still have fun stock. if theres two things i would get for your car its a strut tower brace for like 80 bucks off ebay, and an aluminum driveshaft adn oyud be pretty quick out there. i just bought RKsport sway bars, and im hoping they come in before the event.

NJSPEEDER
03-09-2007, 07:29 PM
actually, teh class structure is all based off of production cars. so your stock car can still be very competitive in the overall run of the day as well as having a class to run against equal vehicles.

alexm
03-10-2007, 09:57 PM
hmm very interested i'll def watch the first then and more than likely run in the 2nd. Really need a lsd as its starting to annoy me lol, who is going? be good to meet a few faces off here

EchoMirage
03-10-2007, 10:55 PM
im not going tomorrow. roads might be clear of salt, but might not be clear of water by morning. i got my slicks mounted, but by the time i got home i was too tired to put them on the car. with the time change, itll be even earlier then normal, and i dont want to get up that early on my only 2 days off. might swing by to watch for a little, but ill probably run next weekend. weather depending.