PDA

View Full Version : idle FTL

maroman88
03-14-2007, 12:55 PM
everytime i drive my car the idle sucks in a different way lol. recently when i stop in traffic or at a light and the car is in drive it will idle fine for a little and then it feels like its building pressure and the car starts lurching forward and i gotta press the brakes harder to keep it stopped, real annoying. on the 88 of course

maroman88
03-14-2007, 07:42 PM
also today i was leaving dunkin donuts and everytime i put the car in reverse it would stall, then i trieds drive and it stalled so i just had to neutral drop it to keep it running and limp it home with the worst idle ever

i messed with the TPS and the IAC a little and adjusted the idle screw and took it for a ride and seems to have smoothed out a little, i still have a jumpy idle tho, anywhere from 775 up to around 850 maybe even 915RPMs on the scanner

The Fixer
03-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Could be a sticky IAC valve from sitting most of the winter. Mine acts similarly, but I plan to swap in a 52mm throttlebody this week (hopefully it gets here in time for Dyno Day!). When I bolt that on, I'm going to clean the IAC real well before installing into the new TB.

maroman88
03-15-2007, 12:29 AM
i cleaned it at the begining of the winter. i removed the whole TB and cleaned everything. i played with some adjustments and it seems to be doing well now but i just tucked it away under the car covers for the rain/snow on the way :(