PDA

View Full Version : ok, i have to say something...

V
04-13-2007, 12:22 AM
k...enough is enough.. i gotta put this out there...
lately in the past few weeks, some things have really been bothering me on the site.

I could go about it by PM'ing Justin and/or Tim, but i want this here to make it visable to all. I am not saying any users in specific... it is many that are guilty, so do not reply with user names, excuses, blame, etc. this is all IN GENERAL.

First off.. the topic of OLD THREADS... There is NO need, none whatsoever, to be bringing up threads that are several years old. In the past month i've seen many pop up. Those threads fell to the bottom for a reason, let them remain there. IF you must find out about whatever after the last post happened... PM the thread starter and ask that way. PMs are available for a reason, use them. Even threads several months old, use common sense before posting up something that will have absolutely no meaning to anyone else. I ask the admins and the mods to please lock any such revived threads as soon as they are spotted, and dont worry, I will be reporting them as i have been doing.

Second.. Postwhoring... Ok, so its not to the extreme that we had it in the buddy list thread, but IMO it is getting excessive. I do not feel the admins or mods should have to do anything about this problem though. It is YOU, the users, that need to stop it if you are guilty. I belive that a one smiley response in a thread should not be considered a valid post.(once in a while its fine, but some users only seem to know how to do that) Some cases maybe, but now all to often i see post after post of smileys... "werd", "im with stupid" etc etc, that alone gets kinda annoying, whatever, but it doesnt stop there. It needs to be made clear that a USER does NOT have to reply to every single post made. I often come on at night and see specific users names straight down the "last post" list for 7+ threads and practically all are pointless responses. One does not need to get a word in on every topic. If you have something worthy to add, go for it, but just to make a post?...come on now.

third.. classifieds.. A. lowball offers... dont do it, its disrespectful and a waste of time. 99% of the people selling items know the real value and hence why they have a price listed in the first place. Offering way less is an insult. Be fair so when it comes time you want to sell something, people will respect you and not play games.
B. Also, READ classified ads fully. i see way too many ads asking questions that were answered in the original post, i guess people just forget how to read. ie.-if price says firm, its firm. If an ad states obvious terms/trades/conditions etc, thats what the deal is.

there are a few other things i had thought of but right now dont come to mind. Those will be discussed with tim/justin next tiem i see them.

Overall, i believe these things can be remedied very easily, just think before you post... and itll be a better world. byt the way, yes i'm in kind of a bad mood currently, no i'm not pms'ing(in case you wanna try to be funny), and i'm not gonna boycott the site over this. If nothing changes, ill still live, but i believe even if some people read this and understand, then my point has been made.

bobb1589
04-13-2007, 06:12 AM
very well written ;-) i do agree in seeing that this does happen alot... especially with the smilies ; ie- "werd", "im with stupid" etc. it can get annoying especially when someone is trying to get real information from a topic and all there are is responses with smilies or useless information

maroman88
04-14-2007, 10:15 AM
yea some specific newb comes to mind with the low ball offers IN EVERY CLASSIFIED ADD!

WayFast84
04-14-2007, 10:37 AM
yea some specific newb comes to mind with the low ball offers IN EVERY CLASSIFIED ADD!

:werd: Thats been pissing me off, and it shouldnt affect me. The others are true too, I my self do post smiley's some times, but I can think of way more people who do it more. I also agree with paul On people posting to post, I used to be like that, but not so much any more.

I think we should all take pauls comments as constructive cridisicm(sp?)! We can make all other big changes, like the language, we can make smaller changes, like re-reading a classified post, and posting more then to just post

8-)

foff667
04-14-2007, 02:52 PM
very well written ;-) i do agree in seeing that this does happen alot... especially with the smilies ; ie- "werd", "im with stupid" etc. it can get annoying especially when someone is trying to get real information from a topic and all there are is responses with smilies or useless information

:stupid:

Ian
04-14-2007, 06:02 PM
:stupid:

:werd:

:lol:

sorry, I just couldnt help myself.

GP99GT
04-14-2007, 07:21 PM
i like pie

is this post also frowned upon? :p

BonzoHansen
04-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Well, there are 3 examples of what he's talking about. Saves me from searching. :rolleyes:

Ian
04-15-2007, 03:32 AM
shut up scott, nobody likes you!

:flower:

BonzoHansen
04-15-2007, 09:35 AM
I least I'm no hater. Remind me to slap you in the side of the head when I get a chance. :lol:

Fast92RS
04-15-2007, 10:03 AM
sounds like some people take things way too seriously.... :nod:

ar0ck
04-15-2007, 01:15 PM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e33/alexQTP/1162084916354sab5.jpg

The internet... serious business.

Ian
04-15-2007, 03:10 PM
I least I'm no hater. Remind me to slap you in the side of the head when I get a chance. :lol:

yes sir :(

BonzoHansen
04-15-2007, 04:17 PM
:lol: /hijack over, point made.