NJSPEEDER
04-19-2007, 08:44 PM
and?

DaSkinnyGuy
04-19-2007, 08:50 PM
and? its a 17 year old that has a C6 Corvette Z06

NJSPEEDER
04-19-2007, 08:54 PM
happens all the time. i grew up in school with a bunch of rich kids. they all had nice new cars the day they got their licenses, i had a 86 hyundai excel that i saved up my own money for with a part time job. who cares, the kid will wreck it and get a bmw next prolly.

jin1481
04-19-2007, 09:02 PM
A girl in my class was complaining becuz daddy bought her the new civic instead of the new celica. I was kicking it in my 93 cavie that was on its 2nd tranny and rocking the steel rims sans hubcaps. I wanted to hit her with a stick.

NJSPEEDER
04-19-2007, 09:07 PM
the best one i ever saw was a girl at my HS graduation crying because daddy bought her the wrong color BMW.

DaSkinnyGuy
04-19-2007, 09:24 PM
wow that funny. Dont get any of that in hopatcong. Only rich car is a kid with a BMW X5 and he dont make a big deal of it.

79dizZy28
04-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Heck, when I graduated HS new BMW's and Benz's were pretty standard. They littered the parking lot along with vette's, 350z's, several new RSX's and even two H2's. It made my little '83 Datsun stick out like a sore thumb. But then again I also stuck out like a sore thumb making up about 25% of the minority population at that the time :lol: Its funny how I saw nicer cars in HS than in college.

Knipps
04-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Heck, when I graduated HS new BMW's and Benz's were pretty standard. They littered the parking lot along with vette's, 350z's, several new RSX's and even two H2's. It made my little '83 Datsun stick out like a sore thumb. But then again I also stuck out like a sore thumb making up about 25% of the minority population at that the time :lol: Its funny how I saw nicer cars in HS than in college.

i'm w/ you mahwah/ramsey is 90% rich kids
my caprice stuck out pretty bad but i managed to dissociate myself from that crowd
couldn't stand them, never will
my kid will NOT be one of those.

Rich189
04-19-2007, 11:14 PM
my school had a lot of bmw's benz's and mustangs no nice fast cars though except this one kid had a hummer h1 and a porshe 911 cabriolet that his parents bought him for losing weight

chemicalstylez
04-19-2007, 11:59 PM
same here... i went to a complete rich kid school and i had my 88 Monte SS lol.... my spot was between a BMW and a Jag. And i kept my car 500% cleaner then both of them, somehow my car landed in the year book as one of the "cool ones".

Knipps
04-20-2007, 12:05 AM
same here... i went to a complete rich kid school and i had my 88 Monte SS lol.... my spot was between a BMW and a Jag. And i kept my car 500% cleaner then both of them, somehow my car landed in the year book as one of the "cool ones".

:idea: my caprice and my friend's mustang were in the yearbook too
forgot about that

DaSkinnyGuy
04-20-2007, 06:00 AM

Yea you can spend all that money of those rich cars but the one that really turns heads is the one thats fast, loud, and anyone wouldnt mind having

Untamed
04-20-2007, 08:58 AM
When I graduated highschool, in South Florida, there were 1989-1991 Mustang LX 5.0's as far as the eye could see.

I drove my dad's Mutsubishi Starion. Anyone remember that car? Dodge had a knock-off called the Conquest. Google it. :)

Tru2Chevy
04-20-2007, 09:23 AM
Starions and Conquests were cool little cars!

- Justin

hotrod16105
04-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Yea you can spend all that money of those rich cars but the one that really turns heads is the one thats fast, loud, and anyone wouldnt mind having

That is so true. I couldn't count the number of european and ricer cars at my school, but they couldn't keep up with my 78 regal. It was puke green with matching interior and the usual rust, but with a mild 350, TH350, and 3:73 posi, the only chance they had was on the turns. If only they spent the money on driving lessons. It was so much fun surrounding them with a cloud of tire smoke. So many wasted rear tires! I bought the car for $600 and spent about $800 on tires in the year that I drove it.

firehawk1120
04-20-2007, 09:55 AM
yeah i had an 86 camaro berlinetta with 100k on the odo. and we had a kid get a 20 or 25th anniversary T.A. and wreck it, within a week he had a brand new stealth to replace it. N. Caldwell and Essex Fells is full of rich kids.

Teds89IROC
04-20-2007, 11:20 AM
i'm w/ you mahwah/ramsey is 90% rich kids
my caprice stuck out pretty bad but i managed to dissociate myself from that crowd
couldn't stand them, never will
my kid will NOT be one of those.

I'm with you and Tony, I graduated from DBP :lol: I liked my 92 RS too much to think it wasn't up to par with the other cars. We always had a few f-bodies and years back when I was a freshmen, a senior had a sick GN.

Knipps
04-20-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm with you and Tony, I graduated from DBP :lol: I liked my 92 RS too much to think it wasn't up to par with the other cars. We always had a few f-bodies and years back when I was a freshmen, a senior had a sick GN.

i worked at CVS and we had a Bosco kid come in and he was the most retarded kid i'd ever met. the kid had absolutely zero common sense. i don't know what he drove but he must have been book smart, he got into Yale on a baseball scholarship.

slugger27nj
04-20-2007, 12:45 PM
You should see some of the cars parked in the student lot at the HS here in Marlboro. Most the kids w/ the benz, beamers, etc look like those tools in the 'hotti' photos that went around the interweb last year. I'd say some are probably hand-me-downs when their parents were ready for a new.

Jared1970Chevelle
04-20-2007, 01:40 PM
its probabbly daddies z06.... same type of s*** up at nanuet... these kids say they got these corvettes and there usually there parents....thats why there never out with them past 10pm... lol...

and a new z06 stock with a professional driver (at etowns corvette shootout) was doing a 12.5 in stock trim.... and there was no clutch being used whatso ever....

if anyone knows him tell him ill race him with my camaro and give him 2 cars and he can leave the line first.... for some cash