PDA

View Full Version : my town sucks

chrisfrom nj
04-20-2007, 07:46 PM
i got a letter in the mail to remove abandoned unlicensed vehicles from premises its my property i dont know why the town sent me the letter i have firends that work in my town they said that the guy wants me to clean up my property my property is clean i have a 69 camaro sitting in my back yard that my bro is restoreing the car doesnt have a front end engine or trans they call that car a fire hazzard im going to write a letter to the guy on the town check everyones house dont just break my ba++s if he wants me to get rid of my 80 camaro he has to buy it from me now i have to go to dmv to get all my cars registered that will do nothing but sit in my driveway so i dont get a fine

Anti_Rice_Guy
04-20-2007, 07:52 PM
That sucks dude. Ever hear of punctuation though? It's nice to use sometimes :P

Fast92RS
04-20-2007, 10:11 PM
I heard of this before. A guy I know that lives in jackson is going through the same thing. There are state laws that concern this sort of thing.

chrisfrom nj
04-20-2007, 10:23 PM
thats not fair for the people that have cars that need work engines trans body work the laws suck

Savage_Messiah
04-21-2007, 01:49 AM
put them in garages... on tagged trailers.... build a big fence.... this topic has been covered 7456978243659784325 times before

BonzoHansen
04-21-2007, 07:42 AM
How many un-reg cars do you actually have?

chrisfrom nj
04-21-2007, 07:53 AM
put them in garages... on tagged trailers.... build a big fence.... this topic has been covered 7456978243659784325 times before
the wood fence will be up soon then the garage will be up

chrisfrom nj
04-21-2007, 07:54 AM
How many un-reg cars do you actually have?theres 5 unregistered cars 2 are mine the other 3 are my bros

1_Hot_SOM_WS6
04-21-2007, 07:59 AM
theres 5 unregistered cars 2 are mine the other 3 are my bros

That sounds like I alot of unregistered cars. Once u put up a privacy fence and/or garage they should leave u alone bc they are out of sight.

Fast92RS
04-21-2007, 08:06 AM
I think you're only allowed one unregistered car on your property..

chrisfrom nj
04-21-2007, 09:01 AM
That sounds like I alot of unregistered cars. Once u put up a privacy fence and/or garage they should leave u alone bc they are out of sight.im putting a fence up next month

chrisfrom nj
04-21-2007, 09:02 AM
I think you're only allowed one unregistered car on your property..i'll register 4 out of the 5 then

someGTOguy
04-21-2007, 09:12 AM
i'll register 4 out of the 5 then

itll be funny when you get those pink cards saying "you have 14 days to get your car inspected"

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Firebird67dude
04-21-2007, 09:33 AM
If a car is in public view it needs to be registered with plates. The one that is a fire hazard is the one I would worry about. God forbid your house go up in flames I'm sure the firefighter wont want o have to climb over a car and possibly get hurt.

Either way the guy that got you for this is probably a real jerk face.

chrisfrom nj
04-21-2007, 09:50 AM
itll be funny when you get those pink cards saying "you have 14 days to get your car inspected"

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.the dmv near me doesnt give out thoes cards all that much

chrisfrom nj
04-21-2007, 09:53 AM
If a car is in public view it needs to be registered with plates. The one that is a fire hazard is the one I would worry about. God forbid your house go up in flames I'm sure the firefighter wont want o have to climb over a car and possibly get hurt.

Either way the guy that got you for this is probably a real jerk face.there are no fire hazzards the cars are 15 20 feet from the house the guy that wrote the letter is a real jerk of

BonzoHansen
04-21-2007, 11:31 AM
theres 5 unregistered cars 2 are mine the other 3 are my bros
Nothing for nothing, that sounds like a junkyard - anyone not into cars would say that instantly. I wouldn't want that near me either. I like my property values. There are laws (which is a local level, not state) in place to prevent people from accumulating junk cars. Not saying yours are junk, but that is the reason for the law. The guy down the street from me had to clear out or register the junk in his yard, and I am glad the town did it. It was an eyesore, and there were animals living in some.

To register, you will need proof of insurance, and you can't just cancel insurance after that. The insurance company, by law, will require proof of new insurance or that you surrendered the plates.

chrisfrom nj
04-21-2007, 11:52 AM
i know

87GTA
04-21-2007, 12:37 PM
i got a letter in the mail to remove abandoned unlicensed vehicles from premises its my property i dont know why the town sent me the letter i have firends that work in my town they said that the guy wants me to clean up my property my property is clean i have a 69 camaro sitting in my back yard that my bro is restoreing the car doesnt have a front end engine or trans they call that car a fire hazzard im going to write a letter to the guy on the town check everyones house dont just break my ba++s if he wants me to get rid of my 80 camaro he has to buy it from me now i have to go to dmv to get all my cars registered that will do nothing but sit in my driveway so i dont get a fine

i had the same problem!! i have a 1988 formula and it sat in my yard for 3yrs and then last year the cops and township cracked down on all the abandoned cars in my town and so i didn't want to get rid of it cuz it is my 1st car a bought when i was 16yrs so i had to put it in storage and now i have to pay and extra $50 bucks a month just to store it!!

Savage_Messiah
04-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Nobody's said anything abotu my grand prix :lol:

Firebird67dude
04-21-2007, 03:30 PM
there are no fire hazzards the cars are 15 20 feet from the house the guy that wrote the letter is a real jerk of

The law in my town and the town that the shop I work at is in says that a emergency vehicle must be able to surround the building for whatever reason. Not word for word but u'll get the idea.

Knipps
04-21-2007, 03:31 PM
The law in my town and the town that the shop I work at is in says that a emergency vehicle must be able to surround the building for whatever reason. Not word for word but u'll get the idea.

how's that work?
where i used to live there was a fence < 6 feet from the house on one side

Firebird67dude
04-21-2007, 03:56 PM
IDK it has to do with where the building is located on the property lot and where the property line is.

fastback79
04-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Chrisfromnj- Are you the dude with the blue 69 camaro convertible in the driveway? if so, nice car man.

Tru2Chevy
04-23-2007, 11:10 AM
No one has ever complained about my Camaro. It does have plates on it - but they were the ones from the previous owner. Haven't got around to turning them in yet :)

- Justin

sbcpower
04-23-2007, 01:00 PM
I feel you man. My family got it bad when we first moved into my town 15 years ago. My dad had a vega race car, a '68 camaro, and a 63 'vette all unregistered outside the garage. They kept ticketing us for the cars, until my father eventually sold all but the vega, we just covered that and hid it behind the garage. The garage has been full all these years with two '57s (ones a nomad 8-) ) The town also gave my father a hard time about a dually!!! My father has always had a dually as his second truck, and the town tried giving us some s*** over some legislation about commercial vehicles being on the property. Then when we proved it was a private vehicle not commercial (it really was not commercial) they made up some legislation about it having 6 wheels???? What kind of horse ***** is that?

79CamaroDiva
04-23-2007, 01:58 PM
reasons like this is why i like not having neighbors... i cant imagine if all my cars had to be registered. lots of land FTW :)

chrisfrom nj
04-25-2007, 10:10 PM
i had the same problem!! i have a 1988 formula and it sat in my yard for 3yrs and then last year the cops and township cracked down on all the abandoned cars in my town and so i didn't want to get rid of it cuz it is my 1st car a bought when i was 16yrs so i had to put it in storage and now i have to pay and extra $50 bucks a month just to store it!!
that sucks im just getting my cars registered

chrisfrom nj
04-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Nobody's said anything abotu my grand prix :lol:how long has it been sitting does it have plates

chrisfrom nj
04-25-2007, 10:13 PM
The law in my town and the town that the shop I work at is in says that a emergency vehicle must be able to surround the building for whatever reason. Not word for word but u'll get the idea.they can use the fire hose they did one time when i had a big bbq and they came over to put out the fire

chrisfrom nj
04-25-2007, 10:15 PM
how's that work?
where i used to live there was a fence < 6 feet from the house on one side
i have a fence and a cement wall they cant pull into the back

chrisfrom nj
04-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Chrisfromnj- Are you the dude with the blue 69 camaro convertible in the driveway? if so, nice car man.thats not me i saw that car on pleasent valley way in west orange the guy allso has an old mustang

chrisfrom nj
04-25-2007, 10:17 PM
No one has ever complained about my Camaro. It does have plates on it - but they were the ones from the previous owner. Haven't got around to turning them in yet :)

- Justin
how long have you owned the camaro

chrisfrom nj
04-25-2007, 10:20 PM
I feel you man. My family got it bad when we first moved into my town 15 years ago. My dad had a vega race car, a '68 camaro, and a 63 'vette all unregistered outside the garage. They kept ticketing us for the cars, until my father eventually sold all but the vega, we just covered that and hid it behind the garage. The garage has been full all these years with two '57s (ones a nomad 8-) ) The town also gave my father a hard time about a dually!!! My father has always had a dually as his second truck, and the town tried giving us some **** over some legislation about commercial vehicles being on the property. Then when we proved it was a private vehicle not commercial (it really was not commercial) they made up some legislation about it having 6 wheels???? What kind of horse ***** is that?what kind of cars do you have now the towns suck i hope they dont give me crap for haveing a truck and trailer in my driveway

chrisfrom nj
04-25-2007, 10:21 PM
reasons like this is why i like not having neighbors... i cant imagine if all my cars had to be registered. lots of land FTW :)
your lucky let me store and race my cars up there

Savage_Messiah
04-26-2007, 12:30 AM
how long has it been sitting does it have plates

a few months and no... well, it's got a long-expired temp tag. Until firday though it had another car blocking it in at all times, and if it leaves my driveway it's for 5-10 minutes while [switching cars around

sbcpower
04-26-2007, 12:52 PM
what kind of cars do you have now the towns suck i hope they dont give me crap for haveing a truck and trailer in my driveway

the registered vehicles we have now are a '96 t/a, '02 stang, '00 bonneville, '99 ranger, '93 gmc 3500 dually, and a full length open trailer which is registered as well.
the unregistered vehicles are a '57 chevy and '69 camaro drag cars in the garage, the nomad we put away in storage, and another '69 camaro shell for parts I 'hid' in the yard under a cover behind some trees haha.

The town hasn't said anything to us in a very, very long time. I know at one point my parents had a lawyer contact some form of municipal government on the matter, I don't know all the details however. Good luck.

Tru2Chevy
04-30-2007, 01:27 PM
how long have you owned the camaro

It'll be 4 years at the end of July.....

- Justin