PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh, muddy boat ramp was no challenge for the SS!

JL8Jeff
04-21-2007, 07:16 PM
I decided to put my boat back in the water today but when I got to the ramp there was about 2-5" of mud all over the ramp. No problem, I figure I'll just back down and then use the same tracks coming back up. So much for plan A. As soon as I started to pull back up, the rear kicked sideways and I was out of my tracks. Good thing I just washed the car and did a full wax on it. Mud was flying everywhere! I think there's still some on the dash(window was open). I was able to nurse it back up until I hit solid ground again. Just had to hose down the lower half when I got home. Came right off thanks to the fresh wax. I need to go back up to the ramp and take some pictures of the battle ground. Let's see, waxed the 2000, scrubbed the boat down before putting it back in, put the dock back together, took the 70 out for a spin and fill it up with gas for tomorrow at CNR, mowed the back yard and played 12 holes of golf! Good thing we have a fresh keg on tap, cause I can't move at this point. Dam, this nice weather's gonna kill me! :mrgreen:

1_Hot_SOM_WS6
04-22-2007, 01:06 PM
:rofl: I wish you woulda gotten a video of that.....That sounds like it would have been fun to watch.... Glad the boat and the car made it off the ramp though. :)

Rich189
04-22-2007, 01:23 PM
:rofl: I wish you woulda gotten a video of that.....That sounds like it would have been fun to watch.... Glad the boat and the car made it off the ramp though. :)

:stupid: that would be quite entertaining to watch

bubba428
04-22-2007, 01:27 PM
WOW dude...i destroy every thing i own...and i wouldn't do that

Teds89IROC
04-22-2007, 02:02 PM
sounds like you had a very productive day :cheers:

Squirrel
04-22-2007, 06:02 PM
my yesterday consisted of waking up and getting drunk...me = also a very productive day :)

JL8Jeff
04-22-2007, 07:13 PM
I got a couple of pictures today from the boat. The ramp had dried out a lot. You can see where my main tracks were more to the right, but the car worked it's way to the left until I was actually off the paved surface. I watched a guy today in a jacked up Wrangler launch his waverunner and he struggled to get up in 4WD and it was a lot drier! He laughed when he got done and I told him I left those tracks with my SS.

http://home.comcast.net/~jeffhansbury/river/muddyramp1.jpg

1_Hot_SOM_WS6
04-22-2007, 07:41 PM
:rofl: Your so crazy!! I woulda NEVER backed my car down that. LOL. I've launched a boat in my dads Silverado (w. no 4X4) and that was a PITA....I can only imagine what it was like for u with ur SS.

Jersey_TA
04-22-2007, 07:56 PM
lol oh wow

98tadriver
04-22-2007, 08:08 PM
WOW dude...i destroy every thing i own...and i wouldn't do that

lol

ryanfx
04-22-2007, 09:55 PM
this thread is completely worthless without a video