PDA

View Full Version : eletrical nightmare

chrisfrom nj
04-22-2007, 05:14 PM
im done with all the computer controlled suff im going to get rid of everything computer controlled on my 92 rs the vats pissed me off i managed to get the car started it ran like crap im going to pick up a intake carb and dist make everything easier if it doesnt start no gas or no spark nice simple easy i dont have to worry about the check engine light comeing on after i do a simple mod

89CamaroRS
05-27-2007, 06:19 PM
i hear ya bro. ***** computers. i hate needing a goddamn laptop to tune or troubleshoot my car. i got an 89 RS and everything besides starter, radio, lights, and ignition that has a wire comin out of it is getting fired.

NJSPEEDER
05-27-2007, 06:26 PM
did you bother to look up the codes the computer was throwing? one of hte big advantages of computers is diagnosis of problems.
vats is an easy enough system to defeat, it is simply a resistor. hooked up and ohm meter and find out what resistance it is looking for and you can simply wire in a $0.25 resistor from rad shack.

89CamaroRS
05-28-2007, 02:03 AM
some "anti-theft system" :-p

NJSPEEDER
05-28-2007, 02:44 PM
hey, it knocked $50 off my insurance when i had my 91 RS. lol
the best part is there are only 19 different resistors GM has used since 87/88 when they started putting VATS in the cars. lol