GP99GT
04-24-2007, 08:28 AM
no front license plate of all things :roll:

he also said my "muffler is a little loud":lol:

1_Hot_SOM_WS6
04-24-2007, 08:40 AM

LOL...how much is that going to cost ya? Atleast it wasnt for speeding :)

GP99GT
04-24-2007, 08:46 AM
54 bucks...and im still not putting that plate back on, its so ugly

JL8Jeff
04-24-2007, 09:43 AM

I'd love to remove the front plate, but it's not worth the hassle of being hassled all the time since it's my daily driver. As for your exhaust being loud, give me a break, it's not even close to some of the stuff you hear in NJ.

Savage_Messiah
04-24-2007, 09:55 AM
54 bucks...and im still not putting that plate back on, its so ugly

well it's a fox body.... the ugliness is natural :-P

Jared1970Chevelle
04-24-2007, 09:56 AM
the front plate thing..... legalllly you can have it in the front windshield off to the passenger side... if its able to be seen they cant give you a ticket....you can pass inspection with it up there in the window..... thats what i told a cop that pulled me over after 5 minutes of back and forth of who i know... he told me to put it back on tho so i dont get pulled over...

what exhaust you got on the stang....

chevylover5
04-24-2007, 10:01 AM
iv had the cam for 2 years now and im suprised that I havent gotten pulled over for not having a front plate yet :-P

Savage_Messiah
04-24-2007, 10:04 AM
the front plate thing..... legalllly you can have it in the front windshield off to the passenger side

Oh, so ignore the whole law that sates how a minimum/maximum height it can be?

GP99GT
04-24-2007, 10:30 AM
i had the front plate in the window, but if i powershift 1-2 it flies off and almost out the window :lol:

exhaust is motorsport shorty headers, pypes off road X, and flowmaster dumps

ryanfx
04-24-2007, 10:57 AM
i had the front plate in the window, but if i powershift 1-2 it flies off and almost out the window :lol:

exhaust is motorsport shorty headers, pypes off road X, and flowmaster dumps

get that muffler changed

shane27
04-24-2007, 10:58 AM
i actually just learned this today.
right out of the book, technically the plate must be at least 33 inches off the ground

GP99GT
04-24-2007, 11:06 AM
get that muffler changed

k i'll change that one, single muffler that i have...and leave the rest of it the way it is

lastcall190
04-24-2007, 11:22 AM
That sucks, cop just gave me a warning, so I chalked it up as a learning experience and put the damn thing on, it sucks and is fugly but I don't need to give a cop any more incentive to pull me over... I got hassled less when i didn't even have it in my window, just as a side note. At least with nothing there they are usually past you when they discover you're from NJ.

Didn't care about my duals tho :D

-J

Savage_Messiah
04-24-2007, 11:26 AM
i actually just learned this today.
right out of the book, technically the plate must be at least 33 inches off the ground

... you mean no more than 33 inches?

cuz if not... make me copies, I need a copy of that law in every car cuz these front plates are coming off the front bumpers...

GP99GT
04-24-2007, 11:42 AM
33 inches is pretty high...doesnt sound right

V
04-24-2007, 11:47 AM
i believe its actually between 12 and 33 inches

Knipps
04-24-2007, 11:48 AM
the front plate thing..... legalllly you can have it in the front windshield off to the passenger side... if its able to be seen they cant give you a ticket....you can pass inspection with it up there in the window..... thats what i told a cop that pulled me over after 5 minutes of back and forth of who i know... he told me to put it back on tho so i dont get pulled over...

what exhaust you got on the stang....

i got mine and it was in the windsheild.. i don't believe that
can we get a print out like Kasey said? :lol:

Teds89IROC
04-24-2007, 12:43 PM
I haven't had a problem with it in the windshield :knock on wood:

Knipps
04-24-2007, 12:58 PM
39:3-33. Markers; requirements concerning; display of fictitious or wrong numbers, etc.; punishment
39:3-33.

The owner of an automobile which is driven on the public highways of this State shall display not less than 12 inches nor more than 48 inches from the ground in a horizontal position, and in such a way as not to swing, an identification mark or marks to be furnished by the division; provided, that if two marks are issued they shall be displayed on the front and rear of the vehicle; and provided, further, that if only one mark is issued it shall be displayed on the rear of the vehicle; and provided, further, that the rear identification mark may be displayed more than 48 inches from the ground on tank trucks, trailers and other commercial vehicles carrying inflammable liquids and on sanitation vehicles which are used to collect, transport and dispose of garbage, solid wastes and refuse. Motorcycles shall also display an identification mark or marks; provided, that if two marks are issued they shall be displayed on the front and rear of the motorcycle; and provided, further, that if only one mark is issued it shall be displayed on the rear of the motorcycle.

A person violating any other provision of this section shall be subject to a fine not exceeding $100.00. In default of the payment thereof, there shall be imposed an imprisonment in the county jail for a period not exceeding 10 days. A person convicted of a second offense of the same violation may be fined in double the amount herein prescribed for the first offense and may, in default of the payment thereof, be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not exceeding 20 days.

GP99GT
04-24-2007, 01:06 PM
so that doesnt say WHERE it needs to be mounted really...i dont think my windsheild is higher than 4 feet

Knipps
04-24-2007, 01:08 PM
so that doesnt say WHERE it needs to be mounted really...i dont think my windsheild is higher than 4 feet

measure up & if it's not you can try to fight it :lol:

JW
04-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Yea but being on the windshield wouldn't be in a horizontal position.

JW :D

Knipps
04-24-2007, 01:15 PM

that's what i thought but i think that's referring to a measurement as if it were displayed in a horizontal position

think about it, screwed onto the bumper it's vertical.. it never says HOW it has to be displayed.

GP99GT
04-24-2007, 01:20 PM
measure up & if it's not you can try to fight it :lol:

it wasnt in my windshield though, it was laying on the passengers side floor mat :lol:

Knipps
04-24-2007, 01:22 PM
it wasnt in my windshield though, it was laying on the passengers side floor mat :lol:

then i guess you can't fight it haha
get some tape? i don't know what else to say

if anyone is low enough it'd be paul [smokingss] :lol:

someGTOguy
04-24-2007, 02:09 PM
i got crap about it in the srt4 once. the cop was going off on a tirade of different things, and then added "...And why isn't your plate on the front of your car?!?"

also, for those who said it flies off of their windshield when moving, i know pepboys sells license plate suction cups for a few bucks. they worked great when i had them in the skittle and on the gto. i only mounted the front plate on the gto to avoid getting crap at the former job (franklin pd)

Savage_Messiah
04-24-2007, 02:34 PM

horizotal = ---------

vertical = |

normal mounting = vertical

V
04-24-2007, 02:39 PM
let me clarify. FRONT of vehicle, inside windsheild is not the front, its more of 1/3 down the car.
second, horizontal means the way the lettering is read. ie you cant have it at an angle like many minitruck guys do on the rear. Or on a bike you arent really allowed to mount it sideways like some harley/cruiser guys do, sportbikes get busted when they do that most of the time.

Savage_Messiah
04-24-2007, 03:25 PM
and an interesting twist is thrown in...

Knipps
04-24-2007, 03:29 PM
let me clarify. FRONT of vehicle, inside windsheild is not the front, its more of 1/3 down the car.
second, horizontal means the way the lettering is read. ie you cant have it at an angle like many minitruck guys do on the rear. Or on a bike you arent really allowed to mount it sideways like some harley/cruiser guys do, sportbikes get busted when they do that most of the time.

technically the state never defines "front"
you could debate front half, but that may be pushing it

Teds89IROC
04-24-2007, 04:50 PM
I was told by a cop as long as its visible (windshield) it's fine :shrug: I guess it really depends on the cops mood. But my answer if I get asked why it's not on th front is that I'm waiting on the bracket for it (backordered)

bubba428
04-24-2007, 06:22 PM

well thats les that 48 in a horizontal position...

alexm
04-25-2007, 07:34 PM
I was told by a cop as long as its visible (windshield) it's fine :shrug: I guess it really depends on the cops mood. But my answer if I get asked why it's not on th front is that I'm waiting on the bracket for it (backordered)

exactly my excuse when i was stopped on 30 for tints and no front plate........just received a warning about tint and off i go..:rofl: :rofl:

Brando56894
04-25-2007, 10:23 PM
whats worse no front tag or obstruction of the tag? cuz technically i could have the tags on my bird but have the front one covered up by the cap :twisted:

Knipps
04-25-2007, 10:27 PM
whats worse no front tag or obstruction of the tag? cuz technically i could have the tags on my bird but have the front one covered up by the cap :twisted:

i'd think they would be the same amount...

GP99GT
04-25-2007, 11:12 PM

theyd both be under the same statute..."unclear plates" 39:3-33

Brando56894
04-25-2007, 11:20 PM
damn, foiled again.....

ryanfx
04-26-2007, 09:42 AM
39:3-33. Markers; requirements concerning; display of fictitious or wrong numbers, etc.; punishment
39:3-33.

The owner of an automobile which is driven on the public highways of this State shall display not less than 12 inches nor more than 48 inches from the ground in a horizontal position, and in such a way as not to swing, an identification mark or marks to be furnished by the division; provided, that if two marks are issued they shall be displayed on the front and rear of the vehicle; and provided, further, that if only one mark is issued it shall be displayed on the rear of the vehicle; and provided, further, that the rear identification mark may be displayed more than 48 inches from the ground on tank trucks, trailers and other commercial vehicles carrying inflammable liquids and on sanitation vehicles which are used to collect, transport and dispose of garbage, solid wastes and refuse. Motorcycles shall also display an identification mark or marks; provided, that if two marks are issued they shall be displayed on the front and rear of the motorcycle; and provided, further, that if only one mark is issued it shall be displayed on the rear of the motorcycle.

A person violating any other provision of this section shall be subject to a fine not exceeding $100.00. In default of the payment thereof, there shall be imposed an imprisonment in the county jail for a period not exceeding 10 days. A person convicted of a second offense of the same violation may be fined in double the amount herein prescribed for the first offense and may, in default of the payment thereof, be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not exceeding 20 days.

WOW.. I'm going out to my car first chance I get with a tape measure. Anyone think with my lowering kit I could get around this NJ front plate thing? =p

Savage_Messiah
04-26-2007, 01:58 PM
That'd be awesome... "well sir, the front of my car is technically too low by law, so it HAS to be up here legally"