PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the best cheesesteak in NJ?

alamantia
04-26-2007, 02:20 PM
So, from having an ex girlfriend living in Philly I got accustomed to some good cheese steaks at Pats no doubt. Since then I found that the only ones comparable, or that I like anyway, are at that stand smack in the middle of Pt. Pleasant boardwalk on the beach. Last weekend we had our hockey tournament in A/C and after the last game we decided to celebrate at this place called the White House Sub Shop per one of my buddies suggestions. I have never heard of the place nor did I care for the wait and rude employees but I tell ya what that was a fine steak. What are some others comparable in the area and don't say Midway, if I wanted a steakum id go to ShopRite?

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=125

GP99GT
04-26-2007, 02:22 PM
best one ive had is at "The Hot Spot" on the boardwalk in wildwood. i think it was hot spot 4 (theres like 5 or 6 in the area)

alamantia
04-26-2007, 02:24 PM
yeah! i forgot about that place, good call man, also, for pizza, Marucas pizza in Sleeze side, their pizza has chedder mixed in. daym im hungry today

WildBillyT
04-26-2007, 02:27 PM
yeah! i forgot about that place, good call man, also, for pizza, Marucas pizza in Sleeze side, their pizza has chedder mixed in. daym im hungry today

Marucas? I've always been partial to Three Brothers...

As for a cheese steak, you've been to PHL so nothing else will compare.:wink:

alexm
04-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Marucas? I've always been partial to Three Brothers...

As for a cheese steak, you've been to PHL so nothing else will compare.:wink:

so true on both accounts, theres no way to beat a cheesesteak from Phili or come seriously close.

hungry now....

j0n
04-26-2007, 02:35 PM
best cheesesteak i ever had was on the bound brook/bridgewater border at a place called "Joey's Grill" on rt 28...fawkin amazing

alamantia
04-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Great steak recipie here --- in school whenever it was nice out and we had enough ambition to go outside and light the grill I used to spend an entire months food money on picking up some thin cut steak slices from the meat department in the store, two sticks of butter, loaf of italian bread, garlic powder, onion green pepper and fresh spicy jack cheese.

Id marinate the steak in some italian dressing for about an hour and throw it on the grill, in a pan id put one stick of butter and let it melt and fry up the onion and pepper, id take the other stick of butter and smear it on the halves of italian bread, sprinkle garlic powder on them and throw them in the oven with foil over them to toast up and let the butter melt in real well. Id cook the steak flanks up to almost well done but slightly pink and throw some jack cheese on them to melt and then pile the steak on top of the bread followed by the fried onions and peppers and the other half of dripping garilc toast. Now granted i wouldnt do that now as it would probably void my health insurance, it was some good eatin for sure

ryanfx
04-26-2007, 03:11 PM
in NJ? Head west into PA =p

Fast92RS
04-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Galloping Hill in Union

lastcall190
04-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Grease trucks hahahah =P

BonzoHansen
04-26-2007, 03:39 PM
On a good day, the Slacks by me can make a good one. I like them with bacon. Everything is better with bacon. :)

We went to Ginos a few months ago. Not terribly impressed.

bad64chevelle
04-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Actually an amazing little italian restaurant out in New Egypt by me and Jimmy called Anthony's...they cut the steak off the flank they prepare daily and then make the steaks...they are amazing!

IROCdan330
04-26-2007, 04:03 PM
On a good day, the Slacks by me can make a good one. I like them with bacon. Everything is better with bacon. :)

We went to Ginos a few months ago. Not terribly impressed.

everything is definitely better with bacon...good call.

BonzoHansen
04-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Actually an amazing little italian restaurant out in New Egypt by me and Jimmy called Anthony's...they cut the steak off the flank they prepare daily and then make the steaks...they are amazing!

Central Meet? :nod:

j0n
04-26-2007, 04:14 PM

negative...that would be south

BonzoHansen
04-26-2007, 04:27 PM
negative...that would be southOk, the monthly central 2nd tuesday meet. I just want a fat cheesesteak now!!!!!

GP99GT
04-26-2007, 05:44 PM
south meet in the summer...wildwood boardwalk for cheesesteaks and go karts

bad64chevelle
04-26-2007, 05:51 PM

Or some Friday...say...hmmm....tomorrow?

Bandit
04-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Almost any good pizza place in NJ makes a good chesse steak with mushrooms and sauce.. mmmmm I'll take them over a philly chesse steak anyday.

Brando56894
04-26-2007, 07:02 PM
best one ive had is at "The Hot Spot" on the boardwalk in wildwood. i think it was hot spot 4 (theres like 5 or 6 in the area)

:werd: the hot spot(s) is (are) good.

everything is definitely better with bacon...good call.

:stupid:

the place in north jersey that i thought was good was brother brunos in wayne, right across from william paterson. they made some good bacon cheesesteaks. when im back home i order mine from pizza joe's (its a local place obviously)

GP99GT
04-26-2007, 07:04 PM
just dont go to the one hot spot that isnt on the boardwalk...i heard it sucks compared to the boardwalk ones

BonzoHansen
04-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Or some Friday...say...hmmm....tomorrow?

Can't, I got field duty at little league. Tell you what, as soon as the Z is roadready, it's on!

1972LT1
04-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Chick's Deli in Cherry Hill or Gaetano's.........in Philly DiNicks in the Reading Terminal Market.

Teds89IROC
04-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Great steak recipie here --- in school whenever it was nice out and we had enough ambition to go outside and light the grill I used to spend an entire months food money on picking up some thin cut steak slices from the meat department in the store, two sticks of butter, loaf of italian bread, garlic powder, onion green pepper and fresh spicy jack cheese.

Id marinate the steak in some italian dressing for about an hour and throw it on the grill, in a pan id put one stick of butter and let it melt and fry up the onion and pepper, id take the other stick of butter and smear it on the halves of italian bread, sprinkle garlic powder on them and throw them in the oven with foil over them to toast up and let the butter melt in real well. Id cook the steak flanks up to almost well done but slightly pink and throw some jack cheese on them to melt and then pile the steak on top of the bread followed by the fried onions and peppers and the other half of dripping garilc toast. Now granted i wouldnt do that now as it would probably void my health insurance, it was some good eatin for sure

:drool:

Vinny's in Wayne has pretty good cheesesteaks

slasherbarb
04-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Galloping Hill in Union:werd::drool: it's right across the street from my work and it is amazing...

Frosty
04-27-2007, 06:03 AM
If you're in AC The White House is by far the best around. Gaetano's is pretty good like someone already said.

...and screw Pat's and Geno's. I'm tired of hearing how great they are. They're nothing but overrated tourist garbage. If you're in Philly and want a good steak hit up Steve's on Rt 1 in the NE...puts those other two to shame.

alamantia
04-27-2007, 07:37 AM
As previoulsy stated we should do a cheesesteak night one warm friday so I can meet some of you guys and see your cars. Id even get mine fired up and come out. The shore is dope but parking could be a factor, wheres this place in union, is there parking?

GP99GT
04-27-2007, 08:21 AM
ill be in wildwood the first weekend of june...i will be eating a cheesesteak or two while im there. i probably wont take the mustang down though, not htat you really want to see it anyway :lol:

Brando56894
04-28-2007, 03:15 AM
a cheese steak sounds like a great idea :D

Dark_Knight7096
04-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Gaetanos!!

CJDZ24_Z28
04-28-2007, 10:14 PM
WHite House FTW I'm only 10 min from there:)

WhiteTransAm
04-29-2007, 05:02 AM
theres a rly good place in Hoboken on Main Street called Philly's Cheese Steak