PDA

View Full Version : First time out with the Pro-mod

alamantia
04-27-2007, 11:11 AM
I just wanted to post this link www.mulliganmotorsports.com as I'm proud of both Joe and my brother for not only getting the car down the track in one piece but qualifing with it on their very first time out and getting this wite up on dragracecentral - Midlandpark NJ representin!!

79CamaroDiva
04-27-2007, 11:32 AM
:w00t: congrats to them!! a .971 60' is very promising like the article said :D

alamantia
04-27-2007, 11:41 AM
well, you would have to see the video of that run to understand, as he was trying to get familiar with staging and leaving the line he over reved it a bit which although resulted and almost a pro-mod record 60' time it got a little hairy where he had to back out at the 330' mark. I have to give it to the man his first time out and he ran Pro-mods #1 guy Quain Scott and did very well agienst him. http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=133138 when i was a kid i used to always try and get on the starting line at raceway at night of thrills for the Pro-mods, in my opinion they are the toughest cars to control, thats why I am so impressed by Joes driving ability and my brothers knowladge of the car. It wasnt until i saw them working on teh fuel set up, the clutch set up, the blower etc. that I truly developed an apreciation for that machine, just sitting in it in the garage i get scared, i could not imagine driving that. One time I asked my brother what it was like to run under a second 60' because he has and his only analogy was "imagine you being stoped at a red light and getting rear ended by a 18-wheeler doing 60mph, if your not used to it, your body just hurts" one day i hope to be in the 8's I couldnt imagine 5's

ar0ck
04-27-2007, 12:04 PM
You guys are in Midland Park?

alamantia
04-27-2007, 12:16 PM
affirmative

Bandit
04-27-2007, 12:24 PM
Awesome, that would be so cool to own and run a car like that one day.

baddest434
04-27-2007, 03:10 PM
great for them! awesome car they built. best luck

SteveR
04-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Mike Janis TFX Hemi :drool: What circuit are you running? Dont blower motors for AMS/NHRA and IHRA have to be 526ci?

johnjzjz
04-27-2007, 04:46 PM
oooooooooooooS in the 60 foot is making it happen - but getting by the likes of Scott cannon and others is another -- i wish you and your crew lots of luck tall order pro mod not a class for the timid hahahhahahaahahah --jz