PDA

View Full Version : ABS Off, ASR Off, & Brake light

ar0ck
05-01-2007, 08:32 PM
All lit up on me driving down the road today. I noticed a heavy vibration in the clutch petal as well. The car seemed to feel weak like it was possibly dragging and just all there. Any ideas?

Cars a 95' Z28 M6. I'm going to go check the fuses right now. The last thing I did before my car went to s*** was move some spark plug wires out of the way, change the wheels (Stockers then the 18's) and replace my alternator.

Knipps
05-01-2007, 09:15 PM
All lit up on me driving down the road today. I noticed a heavy vibration in the clutch petal as well. The car seemed to feel weak like it was possibly dragging and just all there. Any ideas?

Cars a 95' Z28 M6. I'm going to go check the fuses right now. The last thing I did before my car went to s*** was move some spark plug wires out of the way, change the wheels (Stockers then the 18's) and replace my alternator.

don't really have anything but i just wanted to say
your car hates you :lol:

NightRydaSS
05-02-2007, 07:16 AM
are your rims the same size front and back? the reason why i ask is b/c when i was buying new rims and tires, i came accross a thread on another F-Body site. People were saying that having larger rims in the back and smaller ones in the front (staggered like the corvette to give that "racked" look). can throw off the ABS, ASR, and mess with the e-brake.

If you think about it, it makes sense. If you have larger wheels in the back ur front ones have to spin faster to keep up. Well i assume the computer thinks ur starting to spin and it sets off the ASR. Now as far as the ABS, that i don't know why it would be affected. Ill see if i can find that thread.

BonzoHansen
05-02-2007, 08:12 AM
The question is did you make any of these changes recently, as in the past few weeks? If not, that theory is probably bunk; rule that out.

The vibration that appeared at the same time may be of more interest.

ar0ck
05-02-2007, 08:41 AM
My new wheels are 18's front & back with a 35 profile up front and a 30 in the rear so that shouldn't upset my ABS. I noticed this when I put my 18's on the front & my 16's in the rear just to move my car around untill I got the new tires. And the vibration I noticed right after my 02 sensor wire disconected itself then it all went to hell.

About 2 weeks ago I was driving the car home on a Friday night, the car felt sluggish and started to back-fire. The next day I found that a few spark plug wires were arching so I zip-tied them to hug the block and get away from the headers. The car ran fine after that.

Maybe another week later I sold my 17's and I put my 18's on up front and my stock 16's in the rear and drove it around like that for a day and things were fine. Then the following night it began to feel sluggish again and as I was driving home again (Sunday night), and all my warning lights came on as I was coming off an exit ramp. I got under the car and noticed that the 02' sensor had unplugged itself from the extension.

Last Thursday I plugged it back in, reset the computer and was off on the road again. I immediately noticed something was wrong because is was lagging in power again. I had to go to school so I babied it on local roads to get it to school. I noticed that my power was surging possible from a worn alternator so I had replaced that yesterday. I started driving and everything seemed ok, but the heavy vibration in the clutch was still present and a little bit further down the road all my brake related lights came on so i turned it around and it died in the street.

I have no idea whats wrong and I would really like to get this fixed ASAP.

I know the rear brakes are worn probably gone but could they have locked up?

Tru2Chevy
05-02-2007, 10:11 AM
The only reason I could think of that would cause your rear brakes to lock up would be an ABS malfunction. I don't know much about those systems though, so I can't be of much help.

- Justin

The Fixer
05-02-2007, 11:16 AM
You've got some serious electrical buggers going on. Being that the motor has been in and out of there a few times, I'd look at all the ground wire connections, and make sure everything is tight and on a clean metal-to-metal surface. Don't forget to look at the battery cables and connections too.

BonzoHansen
05-02-2007, 11:49 AM
You reset the ECM. Any codes?

ar0ck
05-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Yeah I had the car scanned this morning and it came up with a Low Opti Voltage Signal. No idea what that means.

NightRydaSS
05-02-2007, 01:23 PM
sounds like an ignition issue

WildBillyT
05-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Double check your alternator connections if you haven't already.