PDA

View Full Version : the cutlass that wont die

maroman88
05-02-2007, 10:15 PM
my friends 92 cutlass ciera lost 2nd gear with 194k miles on it so he donated it to my FD. on its last nite out tonite we beat the crap out of it, 45mph neutral bombs drove in 1st gear alll night, slammed it into reverse at 50mph a few times. then i side swiped it into a huge dumpster and blew out a tire, put the spare on and rammed a cement wall.... wouldnt die. after we picked up all our cars and headed over to the FD to drop it off i took one little detour and went down a dead end with no houses on it ripped one last donut and went to make a uturn and drove up onto the grass and low and behold it sunk in the mud up to the frame... for this reason FWD sucks, im used to RWD and thought nothing of it until the car sunk lol.
we put some carpet and firewood and jacked the car up and rocked it till it came free. as soooon as it got unstuck 3 cops rolled up and were like WTF are you guys doin heehe

great night lol, and the car still runs.....for now

PS all of this was done on a closed course by professional drivers, do not attempt at home

bad64chevelle
05-02-2007, 10:50 PM
:lol: sounds like you guys had a good time.

camarokev
05-02-2007, 11:38 PM
haha dude.... those cars were friggin tanks that would never die I'll give them that.... car was a great car when I had a 1988 cutlass ciera in highschool... thing was so damn dependable and had a HUGEass backseat :lol:

WildBillyT
05-03-2007, 10:55 AM
A buddy of mine had a Cutlass Ciera in high school, and while the thing would barely keep up on the highway it was certainly durable. I remember we used to hear him coming because of the "hoopdee hum" coming from a crack in the exhaust manifold.