PDA

View Full Version : Power Tour 2007

HardcoreZ28
05-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Anyone else planning on going? I'll be Long Hauling it all the way from Ohio to Arkansas....should be a blast!

DaSkinnyGuy
05-10-2007, 09:29 PM
wish I could but only 17 and have a license restriction that doesn allow me to drive out of state

Tru2Chevy
05-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Anyone else planning on going? I'll be Long Hauling it all the way from Ohio to Arkansas....should be a blast!

Long haulin' in a rented 'vette......must be nice.

- Justin

bad64chevelle
05-11-2007, 01:47 AM
Im thinking about it, however the car is not very road worthy right now. Its going to be very last minute if I decide to go.

Jersey_TA
05-11-2007, 02:44 AM
I'm going to do it one of these years. Probably going to take the vette when I do.

HardcoreZ28
05-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Yeah we're renting a C6 Vert this year as Justin eluded to. We were going to take the IROC but the new engine won't be ready in time.

Jon if you're gonna go let me know and we'll exchange numbers beforehand.

bubba428
05-14-2007, 10:19 AM
I'f i get my computer in time I might go with the V6....mmmmm fuel economy

bad64chevelle
05-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Yeah we're renting a C6 Vert this year as Justin eluded to. We were going to take the IROC but the new engine won't be ready in time.

Jon if you're gonna go let me know and we'll exchange numbers beforehand.

Sounds good man....as of right now this thing is no where near road worthy, however Ill be working on it to get it ready once I get back from Ocean City.

SteveR
05-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Maybe I'll cut some holes in the floor and Flinstone it this year :lol:

firebirdcrazy
05-15-2007, 07:50 AM
Hey Hard Core you still planning to go to the power tour? I am going as well looking to set up a cruise to all go there together.

BTK79
05-15-2007, 09:07 AM
I was a long hauler in the 79' last year. It was one hellofa time.make sure you go over your cars well.any weakness in your ride ,the tour will find it.can't do it this year,but for all who go have fun and enjoy the ride.

Anti_Rice_Guy
05-16-2007, 08:37 AM
I'm def. doing this in a few years. Once I'm over 18 and such.

HardcoreZ28
05-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Yes I'm still going however the logistics of what I'm doing are mind boggling. My new engine for my IROC is still about 4 weeks away from being ready so I won't be bringing it. My buddy and I have opted to rent a convertible C6 for the trip but the closest place that offers unlimited mileage on one is in Orlando, FL. So we're flying down to Orlando to pick it up on the 1st and hauling ass all the way back up to Ohio for saturday's kickoff. Then once it ends in Little Rock we'll haul ass back to Orlando and fly home on the 10th.

I'm definitely up for trying to stick together on the trip though. PM me your cell number and I'll give you a call sometime soon and we'll find a way to keep in touch during the trip. I think we still have some of those 2 way radios laying around from last year when we took 2 cars.

BTK is right about giving the car a good once over before you leave. Only problem I had last year was oil consumption and some fouled plugs and my friends 72 Vette ran flawless the whole way. I saw A LOT of other guys breakdown though.

Jared1970Chevelle
05-16-2007, 08:58 PM
id like to do it.... how much is it? anddd how much is it to rent a corvette?!?!?!?!?! id be interested in that too...

HardcoreZ28
05-16-2007, 09:11 PM
To register your car for the tour is only $65 and if you book the hotels through the travel agent Hot Rod has setup it's about $900 for the week and you can split that with a buddy. Renting the Corvette......well let's just say it's way more than it should be.

firebirdcrazy
05-17-2007, 06:11 AM
I will be going in my bird. Thankfully its been running like an angel so far. 111,000 miles and still running strong with 13 1/4 mile times. I think this has been the best most reliable car I have had. I hope it stays that way through the tour. My girl works for the hilton so we been hooked up with the rooms every night. So the most expensive thing will be the gas.

HardcoreZ28
05-17-2007, 07:53 AM
I will be going in my bird. Thankfully its been running like an angel so far. 111,000 miles and still running strong with 13 1/4 mile times. I think this has been the best most reliable car I have had. I hope it stays that way through the tour. My girl works for the hilton so we been hooked up with the rooms every night. So the most expensive thing will be the gas.

Sweet deal on the hotel hookup. And yes the gas gets expensive but it's well worth it. I tried to book vendor hotels as much as possible this year so hopefully I can party and make some connections with the guys from the various companies sponsoring the event.

firebirdcrazy
05-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Actually both the Vette and the Bird will get pretty good gas mileage as long as we drive within speed limits. I have been able to get between 320-350 miles out of my 15 gallon tank depending on how I drive. Thats over 30 miles a gallon. Its amazing how a car with this much horsepwer get better fuel economy then most 6 cylinder cars lol.

HardcoreZ28
05-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Yeah believe it or not I managed to pull almost 20 mpg with the 383 in my IROC last year and that was with all my oil consumption issues.

HardcoreZ28
05-25-2007, 10:32 AM
1 Week until we depart for The Tour! Anyone who is going please PM me your cell number and I'll send my back to you and put together a list of them so we can try to roll together during the trip.

bad64chevelle
05-29-2007, 07:58 PM
there is no way the car is going to be in any shape to go. these little gremlins are really starting to get to me. Have a safe trip everyone!

firebirdcrazy
05-30-2007, 11:37 AM
I already Pm you mine. I got yours as well too. I will be leaving evening time on the 1st to Ohio. I only booked my hotel room on the 2nd so I will travel at night getting there.

HardcoreZ28
05-30-2007, 12:17 PM
I already Pm you mine. I got yours as well too. I will be leaving evening time on the 1st to Ohio. I only booked my hotel room on the 2nd so I will travel at night getting there.

Sounds good...I'll see you there. We'll be cannonballing it from Orlando to Ohio all night friday in the rental hahaha. Figures my engine will be ready tomorrow but there's no way I can thrash and get it in the car and tested on time.

Tru2Chevy
05-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Figures my engine will be ready tomorrow but there's no way I can thrash and get it in the car and tested on time.

Bah - sure you can! :D

- Justin

HardcoreZ28
06-01-2007, 07:31 AM
Leaving momemtarilly! Catch up with you guys in a week or so

firebirdcrazy
06-02-2007, 11:33 PM
I met up with Hardcore on our 1st day of the tour. I must say this is such an amazing experience. I cant believe the amount of cars in one location. I am talking thousands of all kinds of cars and thousands of people. Its also going to be interesting to see if Jay Lenos Jet car really will drive to the next location. Will keep you guys posted laters.

HardcoreZ28
06-03-2007, 06:10 PM
I met up with Hardcore on our 1st day of the tour. I must say this is such an amazing experience. I cant believe the amount of cars in one location. I am talking thousands of all kinds of cars and thousands of people. Its also going to be interesting to see if Jay Lenos Jet car really will drive to the next location. Will keep you guys posted laters.

I spoke with one of Jay's mechanics yesterday and unfortunately the car is not ready for the road. He says they are about a month away still. If you look at it at the next stop there is no interior in it right now...the entire interior/gas tank/floor assembly bolt in as one unit from the bottom.

Crazy weather for driving today!

Jared1970Chevelle
06-11-2007, 11:32 AM
pictures??????????????????????

HardcoreZ28
06-11-2007, 12:23 PM
pictures??????????????????????

Sorry I only have video from the trip. Eventually I'll try to put some up online but it's going to be a while. I have two engines to install and a car to blast and prime first.

firebirdcrazy
06-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Hey hardcore how was our trip home. mine was long as hell but made it no problems. The Power tour was a blast will do it again next year. I still havent been able to figure out how to post pictures on here.

Jared1970Chevelle
06-12-2007, 12:47 AM
put um on photobucket and post the link...

HardcoreZ28
06-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Our trip home was good......the drive from Arkansas to Florida was fun.....we ran into Long Haulers the whole time back. The flight home from Orlando to Newark was miserable though.....delayed, screaming kids, grumpy old men. At that point I just wanted to pass out. We drove almost 4,000 miles and flew 2,000 all in 9 days hahah.
I'm definitely looking to build a badass wagon for next year that we can take 4-5 people and tons of gear in.