PDA

View Full Version : anyone auto x at etown?

BrandonDrecksage
05-09-2007, 09:53 PM
i'm planning on going to this saturdays event. i was wondering what I would need and what time I should get there?

Blacdout96
05-10-2007, 05:49 PM
I was thinking about going to the ones at e-town considering the other one that i go to is up in passaic ( meadowlands) I heard its SCCA ran, so they're strict, or so i heard, but youll need a d.o.t approved helmet, and a good car to pass inspection. bringa fold out chair, and some stuff to eat and drink too, but take anything out of your car thats not part of the car, like they made me take my jacket out of my car when they were inspecting it, other then that, havee blast. whattiem are they running, and i think you need to sign up on a SCCA regional site, not really sure.

j0n
05-10-2007, 06:00 PM
damn I have plans this saturday otherwise I'd join ya...lemme know how it goes I want to take the new daily to an autox event

Blacdout96
05-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Yeah I wanna go to, but I dont think Id pass the sober test lol, party baby.

BrandonDrecksage
05-10-2007, 11:54 PM
I was thinking about going to the ones at e-town considering the other one that i go to is up in passaic ( meadowlands) I heard its SCCA ran, so they're strict, or so i heard, but youll need a d.o.t approved helmet, and a good car to pass inspection. bringa fold out chair, and some stuff to eat and drink too, but take anything out of your car thats not part of the car, like they made me take my jacket out of my car when they were inspecting it, other then that, havee blast. whattiem are they running, and i think you need to sign up on a SCCA regional site, not really sure.

car is a stock 06cobalt...so passing tech, i'm not really concerned about. i already have a scca card. my helmet says snell m95...serial number dg 2065500...is that okay?

damn I have plans this saturday otherwise I'd join ya...lemme know how it goes I want to take the new daily to an autox event

i will. should be interesting, my girlfriend is coming so i can get some pictures.going to be a hell of a drive getting up at 5:30am...lol.

whats the new daily?

j0n
05-10-2007, 11:56 PM
i will. should be interesting, my girlfriend is coming so i can get some pictures.going to be a hell of a drive getting up at 5:30am...lol.

whats the new daily?

'04 neon 5-speed

Tru2Chevy
05-11-2007, 08:37 AM
my helmet says snell m95...serial number dg 2065500...is that okay?

I'm pretty sure that you'll need a newer helmet, but I'm not sure what SCCA requirements are.

- Justin

EchoMirage
05-11-2007, 05:27 PM
if you dont need a new helmet right now, then you will definetely need one next year. though i do believe the cut off for many places is 95, so its probably out of date. if you get away with using your old one, check out saferacer.com. i got a snell 05, black, open face g-force for around $120 i think.

NJSPEEDER
05-13-2007, 06:16 PM
they have helmets there that you can borrow usually if yours doesn't meet the minimum standard. no need to worry about that.

Jared1970Chevelle
05-16-2007, 02:59 PM
whats the regulations for this auto x id like to take my camaro it passes tech for drag racing.... whats the requirements....

NJSPEEDER
05-16-2007, 03:08 PM
similar to a safety check for a normal street car at the track. nothing flying around loose, good tires, and you need a helmet in new jersey. one thing you can't have in the car is your nitrous. scca rules don't allow it, not enough space to take advantage anyway.

Jared1970Chevelle
05-16-2007, 09:02 PM
OOO blowpops and candysticks..... maybe ill go being i have a helmet... how much is it? 50 bucks?