PDA

View Full Version : Tire leak (very slow)

97Formula
05-14-2007, 08:03 PM
I had my tire plug/patch combo almost a year ago at NTB. Since then I've been maintaining the tire pressure and noticed that after a few months that same tire lost a pound compared to the other tires. Should I be concerned? How can I tell if the repair was not done properly? Thanks.

V
05-14-2007, 08:26 PM
1psi over time is nothing to be concerned with especially now with temps going up and down. my 2 tires loose 20psi in 5 days... and im still rocking them.

jola
05-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Yea, one of mine loses about 5 psi in 2 weeks. I wouldn't even call yours a leak. That's like a baby leak.

BigAls87Z28
05-15-2007, 06:21 PM
NTB FTL!!
Tires naturaly lose air every month. This is normal. This is why people like myself, and Mario Andretti tell you to check your tire pressure every month.
In other news, if you have a tire fixed a year ago, and started to lose air out of the blue, more then you are experiancing now, its probably another puncture.

97Formula
05-15-2007, 07:38 PM
NTB FTL!!

What? This is the only place I know of that does the patch/plug combo (which, I was under the impression of, is the only way to fix a Z-rated tire).

BTW, I made sure all 4 were 30psi yesterday. Today is a little warmer, all 4 are at 31psi.

97Formula
05-15-2007, 07:40 PM
1psi over time is nothing to be concerned with especially now with temps going up and down. my 2 tires loose 20psi in 5 days... and im still rocking them.

Wow, that is definitely not good.

BonzoHansen
05-15-2007, 10:05 PM
What? This is the only place I know of that does the patch/plug combo (which, I was under the impression of, is the only way to fix a Z-rated tire).

BTW, I made sure all 4 were 30psi yesterday. Today is a little warmer, all 4 are at 31psi.You are correct, and most places should. I think Al does at Sears, STS does, I am sure other do.

warmer up/colder down

V
05-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Wow, that is definitely not good.

car sat 1.5 years, and now with the new drivetrain i keep breaking stuff, i threw a set of salad shooters on the rear since they have better tread and since im going to basic is 3 months, no point to spend several hundred on new tires and have the car sit a long time again