PDA

View Full Version : Had a little fun on the higway tonight

V
05-24-2007, 09:36 PM
After my class i decided to hit the highways since i had the SS out. I first came across a C6 vette, played with him a little. i completely missed my downshift and he walked, i think he had something special under that hood, i swore i heard a turbo spin down at one point, but oh well. lol. then on the return trip, i see a black coupe, At first i had no clue what it was, all i knew is i could hear its dual exhaust from like 200 feet behind it. i caught up and gave a little chase. Once behind it, i could see what it was.. '07 BMW M6. Once the road opened up, he punched it. I hung right with him, i swear with a tune, i could have been nudging his rear bumper at will. He must have been shocked i was still on him, so he slowed down and moved over to let me pass, and probably see what the hell i was. lol. Once i passed, he got behind me, and i let it rip. he hung pretty good too but i was slightly gaining i belive, but only like a foot every 30 seconds or so, it wasnt like i walked on him. We slow down again and get side by side, he opens the window and shouts "what the **** you got under there?" Between the noise of our 2 exhaust i tried to explain it, but ended up just having to yell "ZO6", and you could see he understood. lol. Then we got side by side again later on and this time he was on my left and the passenger asked what times i run. (i guess the big white numbers still on my car gave away the fact i run it) I told him i'm in the 12's with traction problems. The driver said that traction is a big problem for him too. We then waved goodbye and went different ways. the driver and pass. were both pretty cool, and they had to be in their mid 20 or so. I just now looked up info on the car... '07 M6..500hp/383tq V-10 6spd. $100K, and he definately had an aftermarket exhaust. I know he didnt expect me, and I think my SS did a pretty good job holding its own. hehe. I need to tune this thing to see its full potential...

98tadriver
05-24-2007, 10:49 PM
nice!! its good to see that the SS is running fine now!

unstable bob gable
05-25-2007, 12:01 AM
The only thing that woulda been cooler is if you whipped out a rocket launcher and blew that Nazimobile to Kingdom Come! :twisted:

V
05-25-2007, 12:24 AM
heres a vid i found of an M6 vs. a C6 ZO6... can we guess who wins...lol
i just hope the guy didnt think i meant a new zo6 motor(i wish), cause im really just a stock ls1 ss..... lol

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/17f8f9f2-ae52-451d-bf76-984600be803a.htm

Jersey_TA
05-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Nice runs 8-)

1972LT1
05-25-2007, 02:13 AM
Please see my and UBG's post @ smoking yuppies and how wonderful it is.
Good job Dude.