PDA

View Full Version : Removal of the Stinkin' Lincoln!

unstable bob gable
05-27-2007, 02:58 PM
I thought Ian or Jon woulda posted up about our adventure, but I guess I'll beat 'em to it...
Yesterday ian came by at noon, and we promptly dug in...TO DRINKING BEER! Then we decided to clean out the trunk first. Only problem was the key wouldn't work. So, we used everything but a hand grenade to get the trunk lid open. Turns out a looooong jack handle did the trick. After getting the trunk lid open we were able to remove my collection of 3 inch exhaust tubing. After that we attacted the interior. It was damp, musty, and moldy, but there were no mutant spiders or snakes living in there. We filled up a couple of garbage bags fulla crap, and I loaded Ian's jeep up with a buncha F body parts I'll never use. Everything was going along well, and then Jon showed up...lol
Jon backed his trailer up, and hooked up his winch to the Lincoln. Well, the Lincoln didn't want to budge. So, we jacked up the rear end, and it looked like the wheels didn't want to turn. So, it was decided to cut the driveshaft with my Sawzall. I only had one dull blade, so we went to Ace for soem new blades, and took a lunch/dinner break at Wendy's. Then we went back and Jon and Ian took turns manning the Sawzall to cut the driveshaft. After the d.s. was cut we STILL couln't get the car to move. So, Ian volunteered to ram his Jeep into the Lincoln to try and get it to budge. He revved the Jeep up to about 6500, dumped the clutch, and slammed into the Lincoln. {Actually he nudged up and pushed the Lincoln slowly:rofl: }. The Lincoln moved forward,a nd it turned out that the tires car had sunk into my driveway, which was all or part of the reason why it wouldn't budge. OK, now the Lincoln was free, and we figured it would be easy work hauling it up onto the trailer. Yeah, right! Using the winch, manual ratcheting straps, and man power was barely moving the Lincoln along. So Ian volunteered to use Super Jeep once more to push the Lincoln onto the trailer. It was going well, until the Jeep's front end loncked up with the Lincoln's front end. that required some McGyvvering to get them apart, amd Super Jeep ended up with a bent bumper. Then we went back to pushing, winching, and cursing, and the Lincoln was finally on the trailer. Only problem left was the Lincoln wasn't far enough back on the trailer, and the winch was in the way. So Jon had to remove the winch to make room. Then AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! The Lincoln was finally on the trailer. Man, that was a long day's work! But now my driveway is much spacier, and I'm thinking a nice Matador would look good parked in the Lincoln's space...:mrgreen:

bad64chevelle
05-27-2007, 03:23 PM
yeah, that lincoln was a bit scary to tow home...anything over 40 MPH and that thing was swaying BAD! I have not had anything do that to me before :lol:

maroman88
05-27-2007, 06:11 PM
:ttiwwp:

Blackbirdws6
05-27-2007, 06:37 PM
wow sounds like something I would have gotten myself into. One tip for next time, more alcohol is always better and have someone take some pics. I suggest you guys hit me up next time you are going to do something like that. I am "Mr. Beer Muscles". lol good story

-Brian

bad64chevelle
05-27-2007, 11:54 PM
Ill get some pics of the Lincoln up soon...dont worry.

Slo86Bird
10-27-2008, 10:00 PM
i know old thread but....you get thos epics yet?!!??!

Knipps
10-27-2008, 10:04 PM
:shock: What the...

sweetbmxrider
10-27-2008, 10:45 PM
http://www.mashupciti.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/grim-reaper-original.jpg

Mike
10-27-2008, 10:46 PM
wtf man

Ian
10-27-2008, 11:10 PM
no pics.

bad64chevelle
10-27-2008, 11:11 PM
HOLY HELL...that Lincoln is in the woods right now, my dad was impatient about me getting it off the trailer, so he backed it up to the woods, and let the straps loose (that was about a year ago). The new home for the 460/c6/9inch will be here soon, so I will start stripping that Lincoln down and scrapping it.