PDA

View Full Version : Philly region autox - Boeing 5/27

1QWIKBIRD
05-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Yesterday 198esp and I went down to Summer Series Event #4 and had some fun. Luckily we ran in the morning sessions so just as the heat of the day was starting to set in we were changing tires, loading and heading home.

We worked the first heat and raced the second heat. Turn out was light so were were getting 5 runs:nod: . In working first you sorta gain an advantage in seeing potential trouble spots on the course and how different cars are taking different lines. So, 10:45 rolls around and its our turn to race. Boeing's lot is kinda on the small side and last time there i ran the whole course in first gear (3.73's and lots of rpm:lol: ). So this time i was expecting more of the same. My first lap i ran entirely in first, no cones and had 37.355 (and a passenger in the car, my buddies kid). Not too exciting but got a clean run and feel for the course. So second run comes up and my passenger, who is 16, says stop driving like an old lady and drive like an angry trucker??? So i run a 37.297, no real improvement, but i tried doing second gear. Didn't hurt, but didn't help. Third run comes up and decide to push a little harder, still shifting into second and netted my first real increase running a 36.771 so that's like half a second. Fourth run comes up and I kick the kid to the curb, (weight is weight right?) and once the tire screaching stopped, i had a 35.921 which leapfrogged solidly into third place with one run remaining. At the beginning of the fifth run i was .6 of a second behind second place and .5 second in front of fourth place. Just by luck of the running order the fourth place guy ran before me and clicked off a 36.05 so i was safe with my 35.921 in third place, but the second place guy had his best run of the day and I was now .8 out of second. Time for a no holds barred hero run.....Which didn't materialize at all, I ran an 38.237 with 2 cones:-x so much for the hero run. But third place was my best finish to date and hopefully more good times lie ahead.....198 ESP won his class with a blistering 34.817 which is kick @ss....

Links to the PAX and final results are below....sorry no pics

www.phillyscca.com/solo2/results/2007/SO052707PAX.HTM

www.phillyscca.com/solo2/results/2007/SO052707FIN.HTM

Chris

2MCHPWR
06-02-2007, 12:00 PM
good job chris! i hate those tight small courses though. 1st gear - bah! those courses are for miatas and tiny hondas, etc.

you are in SM and thats a tough class because your car is no way built up for that. way to go with a trophy finish!

198esp1
06-03-2007, 11:13 AM
good job on 3rd now order some rims and tires and springs before the northeast regionals so you can get that 2nd place guy.

Blacdout96
06-04-2007, 10:14 PM
someboady has a Caterham there!!!???