PDA

View Full Version : autocross giants stadium friday 6/1

2MCHPWR
05-30-2007, 11:52 AM
2pm

pre-register online at www.motorsportsne.com

198esp1
05-30-2007, 11:27 PM
whats up scott wont be there friday but there is a chance of racing at the pca on sunday. Went to a philly region on sunday with Christian had a good time paxed 20th out of 128 not that great I drove pretty crappy 1oc 3 dirty 1 good run. talk to you later

Blacdout96
06-02-2007, 08:11 AM
Alright, maybe this friday coming up I can finally go. My work made me work yesterday so I couldnt go, but im dying to see how well my car improves with SFC, tubular lower control arms, and my 315's in the rear, and this time their not all season rated like my last pair lol, not to mention the weather is a litle moer warm, so I expect the course to become a little more stickier. How was this weeks race guys, was it alot better then in march when it was like 40 out?

EchoMirage
06-02-2007, 09:28 AM
i went last friday, when it was around 90. tires were much, much better. at least it didnt snow. the next race isnt until july 29, sunday, so you have plenty of time to wait.

Blacdout96
06-02-2007, 09:31 AM
i went last friday, when it was around 90. tires were much, much better. at least it didnt snow. the next race isnt until july 29, sunday, so you have plenty of time to wait.

Hope to see you out there echo, I had a great time last time I was there. Im glad you finally got some traction :)

EchoMirage
06-02-2007, 09:37 AM
my car ran pretty good, all things considered, that friday. if i ever get my house/garage squared away, i can finally put the konis and strano springs on, which have been sitting here for over a month. ill be there in july, weather depending.

2MCHPWR
06-02-2007, 09:41 AM
pics, vid and rantings:

http://www.ponycars.net/ax060107.htm

Blacdout96
06-02-2007, 09:59 AM
July 29th? I just might have my posi in by then =) and 2mch, thats not ranting, thats telling it like it is, that is ********, and he's probably in with the event organizers, which that is one thing I see wrong about this group, but im sure im not the only one. But to sit it out, and saying your brakes dont work in the rain? I run ceramics and their excellent in the rain, the excuse could of worked if he was using carbon brakes n stuff, but I dont think hes got 12K to put in that car to switch to that setup. what an ass. I mean how much did you spend on your car, an how much did he? money wise its david versus Goliath, but it just goes to show, it doesnt matter how much you blow into a car, its your skills, and to keep up wiht those times is awsome, kudos to you my friend. and that layout looked awsome this session, cant believe I missed that, watching it looks like it was forever, but man when your in that car you feel like you just got off the line and then got to the finish line just like that, I love doing this, and maybe ill sign up for test n tune at L.R. sometime, my old stomping grounds. I suggest you guys should go too, the track, scenery, and history at that track is phenominal.

2MCHPWR
06-02-2007, 11:23 AM
haha thanks dude. appreciate that. but he does have the $12k carbon brakes option. i don't know if its ceramic or carbon fiber, but he said he spent over $10k on the brakes to lose the weight. insane wallet eh?

edit: $17k brakes?
http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/0406ec_install_carbon_ceramic_brakes/index.html

Blacdout96
06-02-2007, 11:41 AM
he's either and idiot, or hes just trying to impress people, which to me he's not. to blow that much on a car like that, y not of gone the full 10 yards and get a racing version of the porsche, hell he's got that kinda money to blow on a GT3, im sure he could afford to buy another one lol

1QWIKBIRD
06-06-2007, 04:56 PM
haha thanks dude. appreciate that. but he does have the $12k carbon brakes option. i don't know if its ceramic or carbon fiber, but he said he spent over $10k on the brakes to lose the weight. insane wallet eh?

edit: $17k brakes?
http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/0406ec_install_carbon_ceramic_brakes/index.html

You should talk to the guys in charge of timing and such and have those runs converted to non-comp runs....he gets to see his time, but they don't count. That is total BS. I love your response "my tires don't work in the rain, but I ran anyway!" That is spot on. I guess his ego just couldn't handle the thought of coming in second.

Chris

2MCHPWR
06-06-2007, 06:37 PM
thanks chris, they (board of club) aren't changing it. its BS.
whats the difference between a porsche and a cactus?

the cactus has the pricks on the outside.