PDA

View Full Version : Got some good rest after work yesterday morning

Jersey_TA
06-01-2007, 01:30 AM
So I come into work wednesday afternoon at 5 pm to do turnover. I'm there all night and the last 3 hours(was supposed to leave at 6 am) I am there by myself. 6 am rolls around and no one shows up. I'm like oh great. 2 people are supposed to show up according to the schedule to relieve me and they are both late wth. I call the both and no answer. 7am rolls around and my boss shows up. I say oh by the way, no one came in at 6 to relieve me. He's like WHAT!!!!! We start talking and he says well it's the transition into 8 hr shifts so it's going to be bumpy so a 13 hour shift does kinda suck. Then I say oh no, I came in at 5 pm to do turn over. His eyes go:shock: , so you've been here over 14 hours. I said yep. By this time we are getting swamped and the 2 new guys in supervision come up to help me. I'm helping 5 people per their 1 lol so it's pretty funny how much they don't know. Anyways the boss said he was going to hook me up and the the guy that came in late owes me one. So I work 15 minutes short of a 15 hour shift ugh. You better believe I'm leaving early after the guy that was late comes in at 4 am.

Got about 8-9 hours of sleep before my much anticipated first 8 hour shift tonight :)

Savage_Messiah
06-01-2007, 02:51 AM
that scks fo th lg shioft, but u said smething about leaving earlt and that is FTW!!!

enRo
06-01-2007, 03:07 AM
I hear ya on the good rest part... finally started work again yesterday, and it was rough. I came home at 2:30pm and passed out until 3:30am :-D 13 hours of sleep FTW

armymp1983
06-01-2007, 07:26 AM
They let guys get away with that in the Air Force??? If we didn't show up to shift, there was no owe you one, serious consequences. Extra duty. Damn i'm sorry for you man. I was an MP for 5 years 12-17 hour shifts were the norm depending on paperwork and BS.