PDA

View Full Version : My day so far w/ my cars...

unstable bob gable
06-01-2007, 04:08 PM
I got a call yesterday that the Caddy was "done," so I headed over there this morning. When I got to the shop I axed the manager if he actually driven the car since the repairs were made, to make sure it was all A-OK. He told me "no," so I told him to git his azz out there 'cause we were going for a ride! We went out and I beat the living pizz outa the car, getting up to over 80 on a couple of back roads. I looked over at the guy, and he looked like he was chitting bricks. I told him I had to make sure the car was running right NOW, not when I try to drive it to work next time. I also pointed out that the control panel on the door for the power windows seemed to be broken. We got back to the shop, and he had one of his guys fix the panel. I paid what I owed and got outa there, telling the guy I hope I don't have to do biz w/ him any time soon. I realized I was hungry, so I figured I'd go grab some grub. I ended up by a parts store where I know the guys, and they make decals there. So, I decided to treat myself to a BFG sticker, so I could put it on today. The guy custom cut me on ewhile I waited, and then it was time to go get the AMX and get over to the tranny shop. Welp, I pick up the AMX, and as I'm driving through town the AMX suddenly cuts out. I pull over, and crank her up. She cranks, but no fire up. Rut Roh! I think I know what it is, so I check the fuel cell...BONE DRY! DUH! I ranna outa gas! So, I try calling my 'lil broh who lives in town, but he is working. So, I call AAA. They said half hour to 45 min, but I wasn't expecting much! I sat there broiling in the sun, and a couple of people axed me if I needed help. I was tempted to take them up on it, but waited out for AAA. Luckily they showed up about an hour after I called. After they gave me some gas I ran over to Sunocco for a fill up, and the owner talked to me for a good half hour about Penske and Donohue and the Sunocco Trans Am cars. Then I shot over to the tranny shop, and the guys started busting my balls about bringing the car in on the hottest day of the year. lol. We dropped the pan, found a couple of stripped bolt holes which we repaired w/ helicolis, put new "O" rings on the dipstick tube and resealed it up w/ some RTV, did a new filter, then buttoned it all up and added fresh fluid. We ran it for a while, and I took it out for a quick hell cruise. Everything looked to be dry. :) Then one of the guys welded up a bracket for my window net, so now I can be a REAL racecar poser! lol Def a nice bunch of guys @ that shop...one of them kept snapping pictures of the AMX, and he ever called a couple of his buddies up to stop by and check the car out. Well, I def had a HUGER head then normal when I left the shop. Now I'm gonna go out and put on my spanky new BFG window banner, and head over to Brian's later to see how his fender rollin' is coming out. :)

WayFast84
06-01-2007, 04:18 PM
sounds like a good day over all. i guess you use AAA a whole bunch now right?

ar0ck
06-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Glad to hear you got everything straightened out Bob!

baddest434
06-01-2007, 04:40 PM
cool beans unstable one!!!

BonzoHansen
06-01-2007, 05:20 PM
WOOT!

Knipps
06-01-2007, 07:45 PM
i had a cop come by when i was out of gas, if i didn't already have someone bringing me gas i think they can get you some.. aka if you call the locals, tell them what happened they'll bring you some & make sure you get to a station

Blackbirdws6
06-01-2007, 08:04 PM
car looked and sounded badass leaving my place. Just hope you didn't catch any rain on the way back.

-Brian

unstable bob gable
06-01-2007, 10:51 PM
car looked and sounded badass leaving my place. Just hope you didn't catch any rain on the way back.

-Brian

Thanks, man. I really lucked out w/ the rain...the sky got really bright as I was heading down 287, so I decided to make a loop of Somerville. Well, my loop turned into a couple of hours of hanging out. lol GR8 crowd tonight, had quite a few good conversations, ranging from how N20 works to various ways to tell an AMX from a Mustang! lol

Blackbirdws6
06-02-2007, 08:01 AM
nothing wrong with that and of course not a drop fell the whole time I was out...even though it looked like it was ready to start something nasty.

nothing wrong with educating people. I do it on a daily basis as its my little give-back to the community

Blacdout96
06-02-2007, 08:35 AM
always a good story by UBG. I think you need to write a book about your experiences in jersey and your cars ( specially the sweet AMX :))

j0n
06-02-2007, 08:40 AM
Thanks, man. I really lucked out w/ the rain...the sky got really bright as I was heading down 287, so I decided to make a loop of Somerville. Well, my loop turned into a couple of hours of hanging out. lol GR8 crowd tonight, had quite a few good conversations, ranging from how N20 works to various ways to tell an AMX from a Mustang! lol

I passed ya on river road when you were headed to brian's crib...and :lol: a bit at you having the black n white directly behind ya lol

unstable bob gable
06-02-2007, 02:19 PM
always a good story by UBG. I think you need to write a book about your experiences in jersey and your cars ( specially the sweet AMX :))

Thanks, man. I like to write, it is thereputic for me. Maybe someday I'll collect all my thoughts and put them all down. And lie alot about the AMX...:mrgreen:

unstable bob gable
06-02-2007, 02:28 PM
I passed ya on river road when you were headed to brian's crib...and :lol: a bit at you having the black n white directly behind ya lol

Yeah, I was a snook and headed the wrong way on River Road. But while I was out I figured I'd enjoy the ride. I ended up slowing way down when I was looking for Brian's place, and that cop stopped right next to me. He looked over at the car, then took off. Maybe he wanted to race...:rofl: