PDA

View Full Version : car flipped from gas explosion

maroman88
06-05-2007, 10:42 PM
so im at work and i had my fire pager open and i hear a call in the town i work in got a car accident with a roll over. i called my friend who is a police reserve there and he knew nothin of it. so im listening to the pager and the chief says there was some kind of explosion. so i called my friend back and hes like ok ill head over. so a few minutes go by and i hear helicopters over my store n im like ok now i hafta go for a walk lol. i get out to the road and i see bergen county PD, bergen county sheriff, new milford PD, new milford FD, Bergen county hazmat and numerous helicopters overhead. i walked the 2 blocks to the scene and there is dirt everywhere, a honda del sol on its roof and a miata crushed by a huge chunk of pavment.
now there has been construction on this corner for over a year now, a few months ago a school bus fell in a hole lol.
so PSE&G was pressure testing a gas line they had put in and it blew up and flipped the del sol that was driving and crushed the miata and a bunch of other cars got hit too, all in rush hour traffic

http://www.wnbc.com/news/13448046/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

edit... more pics http://www.brettsfirephotos.com/
and here http://www.brettsfirephotos.com/page72.html

Brando56894
06-05-2007, 11:01 PM
wow thats insane, what happened to the person driving the del sol??

Knipps
06-05-2007, 11:09 PM
del sol is the only honda i'll admit to liking, tiny little thing :lol:
& damn that's a big piece of pavement on the miata

89CamaroRS
06-05-2007, 11:17 PM
damn, that's crazy. of all the ways to ***** up a commute, the pavement exploding underneath you should not even be a remote possibility. wow.

maroman88
06-06-2007, 01:00 AM
check out the pics i found already lol

The Fixer
06-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Dayum! That'll be a nice lawsuit for the driver of the Del Sol, and the owner of that Miata. PSE&G should have closed that intersection down if they were going to pressurize and test the lines. The guy in the Del Sol walked away with a broken arm, but they coulda killed him!

1_Hot_SOM_WS6
06-06-2007, 08:39 AM
WOW!!! Thats pretty freaking serious!! The guy in the Miata is lucky that his car didnt roll over!! Both of the people that were involved in that are lucky to be here to talk about it!! Talk about a freak accident. Thats pretty crazy stuff. Looks like PSE&G are going to have a nice lawsuit coming there way.

Tru2Chevy
06-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Looks like PSE&G are going to have a nice lawsuit coming there way.

I'm sure it'll be settled before it ever even sees the inside of a courtroom.

- Justin

BonzoHansen
06-06-2007, 09:43 AM
A Del Sol and a Miata wrecked in one shot by PSE&G? I bet UBG sends them a Thank You card! :lol:

jims69camaro
06-06-2007, 11:51 AM
people are really becoming reckless, to the point of possibly being fatal. remember the fire a coupla weeks back caused by the air national guard? now this, caused by a public utility company...

Savage_Messiah
06-06-2007, 02:13 PM
A Del Sol and a Miata wrecked in one shot by PSE&G? I bet UBG sends them a Thank You card! :lol:

:lol: I was thinking the same thing

baddest434
06-06-2007, 03:02 PM
thats crazy! anybody happen to notice the lady in new york last week that walked over a grate on the sidewalk and the grate gave way and she fell 10 feet straight down. it was caught on a camera outside a store. she just dissappeared. another con ed f-up.

maroman88
06-06-2007, 05:53 PM

werd!

someGTOguy
06-06-2007, 10:51 PM
so... i guess the pipe failed the test? lol

PSE&G is doin some contruction on a road by my house, and they have hit gas lines something like 7 times in the past 6 months. im so tired of getting fire calls for it, tho fortunatly nobody has been hurt in those incidents.

but for real, like.... ok, you punctured the line once. nevermind the fact that you are the GAS company and should have MAPS that tell you where to find this stuff, but think.... look down the road. if you punctured the line here, the likely hood is that there is a line in the same place up the road.

7 times.

:banghead:

Noodles
06-06-2007, 10:57 PM
WAR OF THE WORLDS!

maroman88
06-06-2007, 10:58 PM
hahaha i know that feeling, atleast this isnt my town lol i just work there

SupermanX24
06-07-2007, 03:29 PM
imagine being on a motorcycle when that happened...lol

(just got my cycle permit today)

deadtrend1
06-07-2007, 04:06 PM
imagine being on a motorcycle when that happened...lol

(just got my cycle permit today)

I really dont want to imagine about things like that when I'm on my bike

SupermanX24
06-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Yeah, i'll try not to think about it either. What are the chances it'll happen again

Brando56894
06-09-2007, 08:02 PM
thats crazy! anybody happen to notice the lady in new york last week that walked over a grate on the sidewalk and the grate gave way and she fell 10 feet straight down. it was caught on a camera outside a store. she just dissappeared. another con ed f-up.

dude thats nuts! i was watching this new series on the discovery channel called cities of the underworld (or something like that, its a pretty cool show) and the episode was about all the caves underground in hungary (sp?), the said one day a goat just fell through the ground and another time a guy was riding his horse and buggy and the horse fell through the road :lol:

98tadriver
06-10-2007, 07:29 PM
bet that was a helluva ride! lol