PDA

View Full Version : radio locked???

Shrek
06-07-2007, 07:37 AM
i disconnected my battery last week to start my old P/U, and now my radio has LOC on it, and it wont play any music, or do anything for that matter, any ideas?

Tru2Chevy
06-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Contact the dealer for an unlock code.

It's an anti-theft feature - if they lose power, you need a code to reactivate them.

- Justin

V
06-07-2007, 12:24 PM
its called theft-loc. IF the original owner or any previous owner activated the feature on the radio, anytime the power is disconnected, a code has to be entered for the radio to function again. That code is chosen by whoever first activated the feature, its not just one generic code. It explains all anout it in the manual. If you need it unlocked a dealer can do it for you. I never activated the theftlocs on my GM radios, too much of a hassle.

Shrek
06-07-2007, 01:34 PM
wow, that really sucks...and they'll prolly charge me my left nut to do so...

WildBillyT
06-07-2007, 08:16 PM
This worked for me back in 2005:

1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed

2. Write the numbers down.

3. Press the AM FM button, write down the next 3 numbers

4. Call 1-800-537-5140, when asked, enter 202107, press the buttons and enter the 6 digit code from the radio, you will get an unlock code, write it down.

5. Go back to the car, press the HR button and set the first 2 numbers, then press minute button and set the next two last numbers, press AM FM button, SEC should be displayed, turn on radio To remove customers code, repeat step 5. you should see --- on radio face, the code is now out of the radio.

Shrek
06-08-2007, 08:54 AM
thanks bill, that actually got me on the right track...i for some reason had to dial 02107 for some reason, but i figured it out, thanks a lot, i erased that sucker, and dont have to worry about it anymore...i appreciate it...