PDA

View Full Version : How is Englishtown (E-town) as far as strictness?

CALL911
06-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Heading to E-town to run my Z, and I was wondering how strict are they there? My car I believe is capable of a 10 second quarter mile, but I don't have a cage, so will I get kicked out if I run an 11.2? I know at Atco they are fairly leanant where I have heard of guys in the same boat I am in running a 10.9 and nothing was said to them. Then I have heard others going to Island dragway runnig an 11.4 and getting kicked out without a cage.

Does anyone know how strict they are at E-town?

Savage_Messiah
06-15-2007, 02:06 PM
basically, Island is the most "strict" with tech, Atco has no tech (seriously, I've just driven in... stopped for them to put my numbers on and they're like "cool man, nice camaro, have fun"), and from what I've heard etown is in between. (never been to etown myself.)

WildBillyT
06-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Cage or bar?

The cutoff for a bar is 11.49 so if you run an 11.2 they will probably just tell you to get a bar for next time.

Mike
06-15-2007, 06:10 PM
they will ask you to slow down twice... 3rd strike your out

Bandit
06-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Run 11's once they ask you to slow down, runs 10's. Bye bye.

Mike
06-15-2007, 08:09 PM
there was a guy in a z06 running high 9s with no cage last time i was there

he got to keep running

Jersey_TA
06-15-2007, 10:20 PM
there was a guy in a z06 running high 9s with no cage last time i was there

he got to keep running

probably a shop car :thumbsdown:

SamhainZ28
06-15-2007, 11:29 PM
today was fun, ran pretty good met some cool people and told them about the site

CALL911
06-16-2007, 12:29 AM
I thought it sucked personally. Read this thread for more info on my experience.

http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?p=355324#post355324

BTW, thanks for the input on the track fellas.

79CamaroDiva
06-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Heading to E-town to run my Z, and I was wondering how strict are they there? My car I believe is capable of a 10 second quarter mile, but I don't have a cage, so will I get kicked out if I run an 11.2? I know at Atco they are fairly leanant where I have heard of guys in the same boat I am in running a 10.9 and nothing was said to them. Then I have heard others going to Island dragway runnig an 11.4 and getting kicked out without a cage.

Does anyone know how strict they are at E-town?

Pretty much what everyone else has said, they're in between Island and Atco. At Island there is no getting kicked out for running 11.4 without a bar, you'll get a warning to slow it down. I think at any track running 10s w/o a bar of any kind will probably be your ticket out of there though. And just to clarify, there's a difference between a cage and a bar. Cages arent required until 9.99 or 135mph. Roll bars are technically required at 11.49

CALL911
06-16-2007, 02:07 PM
A cage, a roll bar... I know they are different, but either one would be the same to me, as I don't want to cross that line from street car where I can have people sit in the back seat, to a drag car where they can't.

Jared1970Chevelle
06-16-2007, 02:58 PM
call9.... just run no time.... i dont have a bar or cage in my camaro and im around your times.... neverr had a problem yet (knock on wood) lol

CALL911
06-16-2007, 03:10 PM
call9.... just run no time.... i dont have a bar or cage in my camaro and im around your times.... neverr had a problem yet (knock on wood) lol

I will probably do exactly that. I am a high/mid 10 at best. I will just run how I am until I get kicked out. My track selection will help 8-) Where I am originally from in Indiana, there is another track very similar to Atco, where you really have to be pretty far past the regs before they inforce them. :mrgreen:

Jared1970Chevelle
06-16-2007, 03:48 PM
i run no time for 2 reasons... so know one knows how fast i am and also cause etown will probably ban me for life with all the rules im breaking such as no cage...

havent had a problem there yet....

Squirrel
06-16-2007, 10:56 PM
werd...thats what a lot of fast street cars do...run n/t so only the tower, ticket booth and you know...just scamper back to the lanes fast enough to not be caught lol

Jared1970Chevelle
06-17-2007, 01:15 AM
werddd ahahahha... yea you dont wanna be caught riding dirty so you needa hurry back so the other person dont know what your time is.... and thats 100% true....

i was against a NT turbo street honda bubble.... while running him i was going good until i lost all power for like 2 seconds then didnt keep going so i made the 1st turnoff and got to the ticketbooth first somehow due to the bubble going all the way to the end and i guess weighing his car.... i was there 1st and the girl didnt rip the ticket in half so i know what that kid runs.... and i guarantee you his car times are on lockdownn 10.20's and we saw him on the tpike on the way home destroy a new corvette also from the track that night.... he got off the tpike after 16w.... so drive to and from the track from nnj pump gas and ran a low 10.... its a honda but he got respect in my book..

the big kahuna
06-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Pretty much what everyone else has said, they're in between Island and Atco. At Island there is no getting kicked out for running 11.4 without a bar, you'll get a warning to slow it down. I think at any track running 10s w/o a bar of any kind will probably be your ticket out of there though. And just to clarify, there's a difference between a cage and a bar. Cages arent required until 9.99 or 135mph. Roll bars are technically required at 11.49 No they will just make you take off every lug nut on your stock GN with stamp steel weels to see if they all pertrude thou the weel ... that was one time when i went.. it seems every time i go with a street car i get s*** handed to me but with my race car i don't well maby just a littel thing or two what ever they can find last friday the tech got all up on my stock camaro but after i gave him a NHRA racing lic he acted diferant
(why is that?) well after showing my NHRA lc i figured i was safe as a puppy but no the sucurity guy had somthing to say but of cours he tells me like im a pece of s*** then your comment about me not being abel to drive really just pissed me off ... so i am sorry for my outburst last night it just seems its a members only club up there unless you got a NHRA lc and why should i show that for a 12 second car ....you know what i mean

SteveR
06-18-2007, 10:12 AM

You do realize that 'no time' only means that your time is not displayed on the boards, right? The tower still sees what you run and if your car doesnt meet the requirements for your time, you'll get thrown out. Stop giving out bad information.

WildBillyT
06-18-2007, 10:25 AM
You do realize that 'no time' only means that your time is not displayed on the boards, right? The tower still sees what you run and if your car doesnt meet the requirements for your time, you'll get thrown out. Stop giving out bad information.

Exactly.

Jared1970Chevelle
06-21-2007, 01:17 PM
steve and billy...for starters i am very aware of what no time is and how its just the board getting shut off.... you better call etown then and tell them to look out for me... ;)

Mike
06-21-2007, 05:46 PM
jared your so cool that you run fast and have no time and no one kicks you out.

i hope to god, that you never lose oil or a tire at that speed and hit the wall without the proper safety stuff. because as much as a tool you are, it would suck to have someone hurt at any of the tracks, and it would really suck if something happened to the guy in the other lane....

why dont you just take some of your high roller pile of money in that pic, or use the bullets to hold someone up and get the money for a cage.. then pass tech legally, and be safe?

00maroz28
06-25-2007, 03:54 PM
I thought it sucked personally. Read this thread for more info on my experience.

http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?p=355324#post355324

BTW, thanks for the input on the track fellas.

i was there that night... we actually met that night i was with my buddy he has a pewter ss and i have a black z28 with ss wheels and a kit, you were telling us about your motor work and 614rwhp... that accident with the bikes that night did suck... it was a 2 hour+ delay... but the track condition and temp, was great i thought... me and my buddy both posted new best times.. mine is listed in the slips section, with the actual slip from that night.

ps- if that was your only etown experience, i could see how you wouldnt like it...but accidents happen on all tracks... plus i remember you not being too happy beacuse wanted to be low 11 high ten and you went like low 12.

do not doubt this car!! it is a monster!! seen it in person.

CALL911
06-25-2007, 05:35 PM
i was there that night... we actually met that night i was with my buddy he has a pewter ss and i have a black z28 with ss wheels and a kit, you were telling us about your motor work and 614rwhp... that accident with the bikes that night did suck... it was a 2 hour+ delay... but the track condition and temp, was great i thought... me and my buddy both posted new best times.. mine is listed in the slips section, with the actual slip from that night.

ps- if that was your only etown experience, i could see how you wouldnt like it...but accidents happen on all tracks... plus i remember you not being too happy beacuse wanted to be low 11 high ten and you went like low 12.

do not doubt this car!! it is a monster!! seen it in person.

Accidents happen at any track, and delays are usual. I disliked it more because of the strictness, and the fact that I thought the track preperation was bad. From my track experience (I have been going for years at least 5-6 times a year), a good track preperation will allow your car to hook up better than it does on the street. I can nail the gas in 1st gear with cold Nitto DR's on my car without spinning on the street, whereas at E-town I had heated up slicks that slid up to 3rd gear! Perharps it was just the left side I was running on. That all plus, I am used to paying much less and getting little to no hassle about running my car at a track. At E-town they harrased me about a fire suit, an expired racing helmet, and the fact my car was too loud (I have a muffler which fits their regulation to the letter, and why on Gods green earth would you care how loud a car is at a race track? Its a RACE TRACK, cars are supposed to be loud). Thats more or less why I thought it sucked.

In the tracks defense, I'm sure the safety precations helped make it a safer place to race, and the track layout was one of the nicest I have seen.

Thanks for the compliments. I apologize I can't remember you, but I did meet over a half a dozen other F-body guys there, and only remember 2-3 who I spoke with quite a while.

Squirrel
06-25-2007, 10:21 PM
the fact my car was too loud (I have a muffler which fits their regulation to the letter, and why on Gods green earth would you care how loud a car is at a race track? Its a RACE TRACK, cars are supposed to be loud). Thats more or less why I thought it sucked.

noise regulations, thats not their fault...the track doesnt raise enough money to satisfy the townspeople on street nights to allow loud cars

79CamaroDiva
06-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Accidents happen at any track, and delays are usual. I disliked it more because of the strictness, and the fact that I thought the track preperation was bad. From my track experience (I have been going for years at least 5-6 times a year), a good track preperation will allow your car to hook up better than it does on the street. I can nail the gas in 1st gear with cold Nitto DR's on my car without spinning on the street, whereas at E-town I had heated up slicks that slid up to 3rd gear! Perharps it was just the left side I was running on. That all plus, I am used to paying much less and getting little to no hassle about running my car at a track. At E-town they harrased me about a fire suit, an expired racing helmet, and the fact my car was too loud (I have a muffler which fits their regulation to the letter, and why on Gods green earth would you care how loud a car is at a race track? Its a RACE TRACK, cars are supposed to be loud). Thats more or less why I thought it sucked.

In the tracks defense, I'm sure the safety precations helped make it a safer place to race, and the track layout was one of the nicest I have seen.

Thanks for the compliments. I apologize I can't remember you, but I did meet over a half a dozen other F-body guys there, and only remember 2-3 who I spoke with quite a while.

if you told the tech guys you would run a low 11 second pass, you would get harassed for a fire suit anywhere, along with the expired helmet. If you saw the cost of insurance for the tracks, you would understand why safety regulations are followed so closely.

I have never understood why people complain about tracks that check safety equipment. In all honesty, its in everyones best interest. If you want to spend thousands of dollars and make your car go fast, why not spend a few hundred bucks and have the right stuff to protect yourself?

CALL911
06-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Like I said, I can understand their interest of safety, but ideally with my car where it is, I would rather get to a track that doesn't inspect everything. I know its not as safe, but its what I am looking for. Obviously it is still legal otherwise they wouldn't be open.

Tru2Chevy
06-28-2007, 10:09 PM
Actually, the NHRA passed a rule that if you install a supercharger, turbo, or run spray that you need a fire proof jacket. The track was just following policy, same with your helmet.

- Justin

CALL911
06-29-2007, 06:55 AM
Whatever it is, I am looking for a track like that, which doesn't follow the policy as close. Again, I know its not as safe, but its what I am looking for.

Jersey_TA
07-02-2007, 01:52 AM
Whatever it is, I am looking for a track like that, which doesn't follow the policy as close. Again, I know its not as safe, but its what I am looking for.

I'd say just go to atco and get the launch nailed down and shut down after the 1/8. On the last pass or two go all out. 8-)

79CamaroDiva
07-03-2007, 02:57 PM

just remember, at a track like that, it means they're just as lenient with the guy in the lane next to you. who knows what the hell could be wrong with his car.

CALL911
07-03-2007, 11:09 PM
just remember, at a track like that, it means they're just as lenient with the guy in the lane next to you. who knows what the hell could be wrong with his car.

lol, yeah I know. I am used to running at those kind of tracks anyway, and I don't have a problem with them whatsoever.

Thanks for throwing up the safety stuff though. Others need to make their own decision on where they want to run, knowing the risks. I made my own choice knowing and accepting the risks. But it is good for others to know all the info on the safety stuff, so they can weigh out the risks for themselves.

mystictealLT1
07-06-2007, 03:56 PM
wow theres a noise violation there? guess my car will never run at englishtown

CALL911
07-06-2007, 04:17 PM
wow theres a noise violation there? guess my car will never run at englishtown

I was just as surprised. Its a race track, you figure it is supposed to get loud there. I guess the neighbors want to keep it quiet though :wink:

WildBillyT
07-06-2007, 04:32 PM
I was just as surprised. Its a race track, you figure it is supposed to get loud there. I guess the neighbors want to keep it quiet though :wink:

The neighbors there bitch. A lot. There is a dB restriction and most of the time it's muffled vehicles only.

CALL911
07-06-2007, 04:39 PM
The neighbors there bitch. A lot. There is a dB restriction and most of the time it's muffled vehicles only.

Thats another reason I disliked E-town so much. My car IS muffled, and they still said I might be too loud :-x

WildBillyT
07-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Thats another reason I disliked E-town so much. My car IS muffled, and they still said I might be too loud :-x

They hate it just as much (if not more) than we do...

SteveR
07-06-2007, 09:32 PM
If you want to run at E-Town and run unmuffled or a cut out, call em up and see if you can get a few time shots in on one of the Ultra Quick 8 race days they have on Sundays. Just an idea.

AliWantsNss
07-11-2007, 05:58 PM
I always prefer going to E-town. The tech guys are always really nice to me, and the staff in the lanes are also very helpful. I will tell you, they DO NOT play with the noise levels.

I won't go to Atco unless its for a rental day. Everytime I drive all the way down there for regular night some POS blows up and I never get more than 2 passes.

Island probably looked at the car closer than the others, but the staff there was also really really nice. Its just not the nicest facility of the 3.

CALL911
07-11-2007, 08:21 PM
I always prefer going to E-town. The tech guys are always really nice to me, and the staff in the lanes are also very helpful. I will tell you, they DO NOT play with the noise levels.

I won't go to Atco unless its for a rental day. Everytime I drive all the way down there for regular night some POS blows up and I never get more than 2 passes.

Island probably looked at the car closer than the others, but the staff there was also really really nice. Its just not the nicest facility of the 3.

I guess its a matter of opinion. If you've read this thread in full, then you know why I was so upset (for those that don't know they harrassed me about many things including my MUFFLED car being too loud, and the fact I got there when they opened and stayed until they closed and only got 2 runs in from everyone blowing up).

I will NEVER go to E-town again. It's Atco for me from here on out! I love the track at Atco. I would have gone to Atco on the night I went to E-town but they were closed for an NHRA event.

AliWantsNss
07-11-2007, 10:08 PM
I guess its a matter of opinion. If you've read this thread in full, then you know why I was so upset (for those that don't know they harrassed me about many things including my MUFFLED car being too loud, and the fact I got there when they opened and stayed until they closed and only got 2 runs in from everyone blowing up).

I will NEVER go to E-town again. It's Atco for me from here on out! I love the track at Atco. I would have gone to Atco on the night I went to E-town but they were closed for an NHRA event.

I did, what type of mufflers do you run? If you read there website they tell you certain types arent ok for them (like a loudmouth)

CALL911
07-12-2007, 06:54 AM
I did, what type of mufflers do you run? If you read there website they tell you certain types arent ok for them (like a loudmouth)

They told me that it had to be at least a two chambered muffler (which loudmouth is not). I am running Borla (with the medium plate), which IS two chambered. You can now understand some of my frustration when I had what they said the requirement was, and they then told me I might get kicked out anyways. :-x

AliWantsNss
07-12-2007, 08:41 AM
They told me that it had to be at least a two chambered muffler (which loudmouth is not). I am running Borla (with the medium plate), which IS two chambered. You can now understand some of my frustration when I had what they said the requirement was, and they then told me I might get kicked out anyways. :-x
Eh I know what the rules are so I go prepared, and yes my car has been tossed for noise before, but I knew that I was taking a chance.

Mike
07-12-2007, 04:11 PM
borla with a plate will pass........i ran there with a borla with no plates and passed the db test