PDA

View Full Version : Merchantville Show

Camaro67_rcl
07-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Who's going on the 7th ?

camaro2you
07-03-2007, 09:40 PM
I should be there with the 98 and the vette.

camaroracer1992
07-04-2007, 02:07 PM
ill be there probably with the 92 rs camaro and dads 96 ss impala

GREZ28
07-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Im there every yr.. Last yr was the best they had so far, just over 1000 cars. They had to turn away quiet a few of them.
I'll be there with mine and another buddy of mine in his black 95 Camaro, should be parked together.
Stop by and say hi!
Z'yall there...:burnout:

Camaro67_rcl
07-05-2007, 05:57 PM
I was there last year too, alot of walking to see it all.
I'll keep an eye out for your car

GREZ28
07-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Damn that was a great show! Up close to 1000 cars.. I couldn't really get to see every car, but the one that stand out for me was that Hemicuda! 1 out of 6 :drool: I think that was great for they did this yr, every single participate to get a trophy for the 10 yr ani.
To many cars to see, couldn't think who was who there..

Knipps
07-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Damn that was a great show! Up close to 1000 cars.. I couldn't really get to see every car, but the one that stand out for me was that Hemicuda! 1 out of 6 :drool: I think that was great for they did this yr, every single participate to get a trophy for the 10 yr ani.
To many cars to see, couldn't think who was who there..

you sure? i did some research on them for a paper and the rarest i saw was about 1/9 ('70 hemi 'cuda 'vert w/ auto trans) worth ~1,000,000 :twisted:

GREZ28
07-08-2007, 11:23 AM
This was a 71, I asked the guy who owned it right there.. I thought also that it was about 10 cars that were made. He told me that this was 1 out of 6... He had the paper work, mags that the car was in, and all the big events "Power tour" 06 -07 that he was involved in on display. It was one hell of a car.. And yes I was in shock that this car was in this event cause we all know that this car is about ~1,000,000:twisted:
He does have Pen tags so he must be close to the show.. But it was a real pleasure looking at a car like this up close...:drool:

Knipps
07-08-2007, 11:30 AM
he'll be disappointed to know it IS 9 but only 7 are in the US

1971 production of the 440 ci 'Cuda "six pack" was 237 hardtops and 17 convertibles. Production of the 426 ci Hemi 'Cuda was only 108 hardtops (48 with TorqueFlight and 60 with four-speed) and 9 convertibles, 7 sold domestically (5 with automatic and 2 with four-speed), and 2 sold and shipped to Europe. All of the 1971 426 ci Hemi 'Cuda convertibles have been accounted for and restored. However until late 2006 one of the 1971 Hemi 'Cuda convertibles was thought to have been scrapped sometime in the late 70's in either the Phoenix area, or somewhere in the state of New Jersey. On August 1, 2006 it was discovered that the "lost Hemi 'Cuda" as it came to be known, had not been scraped and remained in good working condition, as it does to this day. The "lost Hemi 'Cuda" appeared on the cover of the August 2006 issue of the muscle car magazine, Mopar Action

unless he wants to include the transmission to differentiate :lol:

GREZ28
07-08-2007, 01:11 PM
7 or 9, still that car is rare and worth alot of ching-ching...
Ah, ~1,000,000 I could have got 2 or 3 Dick Harrels ZL1 Supercars.
20yrs they would prob be worth the same prise tag as the Hemicuda :wink:

camaroracer1992
07-08-2007, 01:26 PM
anybody snap pics of the show?? i wanna see what it looked like

Camaro67_rcl
07-08-2007, 02:48 PM
I was looking for members, but it is hard to tell who is who at the show -just too many cars to looks at. Had a great time though. ( Son forgot camera to take pics ) :hammer:

Camaro67_rcl
07-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Got this quote off another forum,

"nobody can touch this club or beat this club with the amount of members that we have to the fun we all have together and no club can tuoch us or beat us at merchantville they may try but can't even touch us .No club can touch the northeast muscle car club in cars either you look at the caliber of cars that we have in this club and then look at the car's in some other club's they can't touch us not taking away from their cars.I think that we have the nicest cars in the area.Also look how this club interacts with each other it is more like a big family then in past yrs we all go to more show's together then in past yrs I LOVE THIS CLUB ."

Think we can to something about it next year ?

Camaro67_rcl
07-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Sorry to say it was the last one :(

Gazers galore at car show's last ride

By LEO STRUPCZEWSKI
Courier-Post Staff

MERCHANTVILLE
Chickie Deitz sat behind his 1983 Ford Ranger that didn't exactly look like a Ford Ranger and answered questions from curious spectators.

Deitz -- the owner of the custom-made, cinnamon-red pickup truck -- probably fielded more questions than other car owners at Saturday's car show in Merchantville.

Of the 850 or so cars parked along several of the town's streets Saturday, Deitz's was definitely a talking point.

Originally bought in 1983 by his uncle, the car was used as a delivery truck for an auto parts service. In 2001, after seven years of work, it looked far different.

The middle of the hood is cut away for an engine, which fairly resembles a smokestack; the bed of the truck holds a canister for fuel and a sterling silver spoiler is anchored above the tailgate. It sits just inches off the ground.

"It's pretty wild. I don't know if it's street legal," Dave Hampshire, 50, of Pittsgrove, said. "I have a Dodge Durango. It doesn't look anything like that."

Crowds filled the streets of Merchantville, gazing at custom-made autos, muscle cars and antiques.

Al DiGiamberardino, an Erial resident, walked along West Park Avenue shortly before 4 p.m., gazing at a number of muscle cars.

Most of the cars were restored to their original condition, something DiGiamberardino said takes a lot of effort and money.

"It's nice to see that, rather than them sitting in a junkyard," he said, noting his son owns a 1967 Ford Mustang.

It was the show's 10th and final year, said Kevin Greening, one of the day's founders.

Greening said he never thought the show would grow to its size and the organizers needed more time to spend with their families.

On Saturday, Greening and the rest of the organizers orchestrated the placement of seven DJs, 50 vendors, an Elvis impersonator and a downtown Sock Hop.

"I figured we'd go out with a big bang," he said. "It's a special year."

The logistics of arranging the show took a sea of yellow-shirted volunteers, Greening said, and a number of ever-ringing cell phones. Cars registered for the event on Alexander Avenue and were directed to open spaces throughout town.

Rose DiMatteo, who lives about halfway down the block on Alexander, said her family sat in the front yard and watched the cars roll in, starting at 7 a.m. For her family, the day slowly turned into a party -- one that most people have looked forward to for a while, she said.

People in town were talking about it last week and friends began dropping off coolers Friday for the night's party.

"By the end of tonight, over 100 people will be here," DiMatteo said. "We go from morning to morning."

GREZ28
07-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Wait, this was the last show? No more?:cry:

Camaro67_rcl
07-10-2007, 06:27 PM
yes it was, that's why everyone got a trophy as a thank you for the years of support

camaro2you
07-10-2007, 07:53 PM
wow, had no clue it was the last year, first year that i went lol.

GREZ28
07-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Wow cant believe that. Such a big show to go away, had no clue eather. I have been in that show for the past 5 yrs. Was there a reason why, contract maybe?

Tru2Chevy
07-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Wow cant believe that. Such a big show to go away, had no clue eather. I have been in that show for the past 5 yrs. Was there a reason why, contract maybe?

In the statement posted above, it said the organizers never thought that the show would grow so much, and they wanted more time to spend with their families.

Events like that take countless hours of preparation, and I can understand their position.

- Justin