PDA

View Full Version : Downtime

bobb1589
08-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Was the site down yesterday/last night?

Tru2Chevy
08-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Yesterday, no (at least it was up everytime I was on it, and it was up every hour on the hour when it's checked and reported to me).

It was down for a few hours late this morning (approximately between 10:00am and noon due to an issue with the transfer/expiration of our domain name. Basically I requested that the domain name be transferred from one registrar to another for better customer service and lower cost. There was a problem which I was not made aware of until this morning, and the domain was never transferred. Because it wasn't transferred, the 9 year renewal that I recently paid for also didn't go through.

So this morning I got the domain name renewed and transferred, and the site back up in less than 2 hours. At one point it looked like we may have been without the site for 3-7 days, but our old host came through for us for a change, and got everything back up and running ASAP.

- Justin

bobb1589
08-02-2007, 08:20 PM
i see... my ISP's DNS must have refreshed at a time when it was funky and then not refreshed again until a while after it got resolved then