PDA

View Full Version : question about the stock radio

Brando56894
08-01-2007, 04:27 PM
are there aux ports on the back of the stock (non-monsoon) headunits? the fm transmitter for the new sirius radios is pretty crappy and the best way to hear it is to jack it in via an aux port.

Little G
08-01-2007, 06:56 PM
no

g

NightRydaSS
08-02-2007, 07:27 AM
are there aux ports on the back of the stock (non-monsoon) headunits? the fm transmitter for the new sirius radios is pretty crappy and the best way to hear it is to jack it in via an aux port.

go to circuit city or best buy and get the line converter. you take the radio out, plug the line converter into the attenna of the car, then plug the whole assembly into the attenna port of the radio. you will still need to use a radio station to listen to Sirus but it will be a hardwired connection, resulting in a MUCH better signal. Your only other option would be to buy a new H/U with Sirus or SAT built-in compatiability.

Brando56894
08-02-2007, 11:13 PM
which i plan to do :) my cd player is crapped out a while ago, and it constantly gives me error 20s. sometimes it will play a cd for 3 seconds and give it to me or it will play a cd for 10 mins then give it to me. it also doesnt matter if the cd is brand new or old as hell. before anyone says anything i have tried cleaning the laser and that didnt help at all. i was looking at a kenwood radio with an integrated sirius receiver (its the only one i could find) but ive grown to like the sirius receiver. even though it is slightly out of place :?

NightRydaSS
08-03-2007, 08:35 AM
you can get a reciever that is SAT ready (supports sirius or XM in case you change services.) the only thing you will need for the new H/U is the external antenna ($50) and SAT reciever that plus into you H/U that recieves the SAT service ($50). You need this for either Sirius or XM. This is going to give you the best quality for your car. Those other portiable units are great to move around with, but the ones for the H/U are the best quality for a car (only) setup.

as far as your error issue; that sad truth is CD players crap out dude. it could be a scratch on you laser eye or the whole laser slide assembly could be f'ed up and not moving the way it should (my PS2 just crapped out on me b/c of the lser slide assembly, so i "had" to buy the PS3).