PDA

View Full Version : n2o troubleshooting

j0n
08-09-2007, 09:28 PM
So here's the deal. Im running a universal HSW wet kit with 50hp jets, fpss, WOT and window switch. With nitrous engaged the car doesn't seem to pull like it should. I pulled the fuel and n2o lines off the nozzle and had someone hold the throttle between 3000-4000rpms(window switch set from 3000-6500). On manual activation of the WOT switch both fuel and nitrous lines spray, but instead of a steady stream they "pulse" much like a machine gun. Is this normal or could this be my problem? If it's not normal any ideas on how to fix it?

12secondv6
08-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Pulsing is not normal at all.

It should be a steady flow.

Turn the bottle off.... this way you only spray fuel.... have it spray fuel into a bucket and see if it is still sputtering.... if yes.... maybe fpss issue... or maybe fuel solenoid

Whats the fuel psi right now?

There are screws on the fpss.... you can adjust what fuel psi it activates at

j0n
08-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Fuel pressure(according to neon forums) should be 49psi and the fpss "should" be at 35psi but now im not sure. I'll do what you said with just the fuel line and attach both fpss wires to each other(to bypass it) and see if i get a steady flow then.

JerzLT1
08-12-2007, 12:18 PM
ive actually heard if the fpss is too close to what the psi should be it will rapidly click on and off because when you initially go WOT your fuel pressure in the lines will drop for a moment

98tadriver
08-12-2007, 12:51 PM
mine did the same thing but i had zex. this is the diagram i used. http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/98tadriver/wiringforzex.jpg

when i set the WOT switch thats built into the zex kit, i had to run a wire from the zex box to the tps, after it was set, i cut the wire and ran each end into the relay