PDA

View Full Version : 2007 fbody nats

69RSZ
08-12-2007, 06:51 PM
I would like to thank everyone who put the show on,I had a great time.Met some cool car people and watched some good raceing.I will try to make it next year.Thanks to all who voted for my 69 Z, I was happy that the people enjoyed seeing my car and asked questions about it.Thanks all for the best 1st Gen award and the best of show 3rd place!! Next year if I can make it you will see another car and this one should get the big one! Thanks again!! Ron.

NJSPEEDER
08-12-2007, 06:54 PM
thanks for coming out ron. your car is beautiful, can't wait to see what you show up with next year.
it was nice seeing a 69 and a 70 parked right next to each other like you and jeff were too. made me think back to when i was a kid and it wasn't so uncommon to see cars like yours.

69RSZ
08-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks Tim,I forgot to say congrats to all the winners out here,there were a lot of nice cars there today! You know Tim I had a young kid come up to me at a cruise one night and he asked me: isnt that a ford motor? I said NO,he said well I seen a ford mustang with a 302, and I said well after ford got its butt kicked in the trans am series by the camaro with a 302 in the 60s they had to build one too but chevy built it first.I was glad to tell him that little bit of history and I think he enjoyed listening.

97slpss
08-12-2007, 07:27 PM
yea it was fun a lot of nice cars..it was a little hot though haha

IROCZman15
08-12-2007, 07:39 PM
i had an awesome awesome time; thanks to the site admins who fronted all the $ and worked out all the planning of the event, great job

met a bunch of cool people, cruised on rt 31 with some cool lookin cars, and saw some good race cars and show cars, fun time.

BonzoHansen
08-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Rock on Ron!

chevyt454
08-12-2007, 07:45 PM
I had a great time!

Blackbirdws6
08-12-2007, 08:09 PM
I had a good time as well. It was really hot but it sure beats rain. I'm as red as a lobster and I was wearing spf 50 lol. I was hoping to bring home a trophy but wasn't in the cards this time. Maybe next year.

-Brian

5.7TA
08-12-2007, 08:17 PM
You all had some really great looking rides. I hope to enter the show next year. I don't think a cracked windshield would have looked very good :nod:

I really enjoyed myself a ton.

stadtnw
08-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Hey blackbird I'm shocked you didn't win anything your car is badass. 5.7 ta it was nice meeting and hanging with you. Sorry I didn't answer my phone I can't here it on the highway.LOL Dam corsa
Joe

5.7TA
08-12-2007, 08:28 PM
Hey blackbird I'm shocked you didn't win anything your car is badass. 5.7 ta it was nice meeting and hanging with you. Sorry I didn't answer my phone I can't here it on the highway.LOL Dam corsa
Joe

No problem. I had the same issue when you tried to call earlier. Should've went with the Flow's dude :lol:

Blackbirdws6
08-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Joe

I was shocked myself but I got a lot of great compliments from a lot of people at the show. The winners had great looking rides and I'm just going to have to bring my A-game next time.

btw, I expect your great looking ride in the show next time. Good hanging with you and thanks.

-brian

JL8Jeff
08-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Yup, it was a good time and there were some nice cars to vote for. I had to take 3 trips around the show cars to fill out my voting sheet. Hopefully we can build on this year's show and get more cars for next year! You can't complain too much about the weather considering it's August in NJ! :mrgreen:

91black5spd
08-12-2007, 09:02 PM
It was a great time. By the way, your 69 z28 was sweet and well deserving of the trophy.

69RSZ
08-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Yup, it was a good time and there were some nice cars to vote for. I had to take 3 trips around the show cars to fill out my voting sheet. Hopefully we can build on this year's show and get more cars for next year! You can't complain too much about the weather considering it's August in NJ! :mrgreen:

nice seeing ya again Jeff,and congrats on your win today!!see ya next time.

IROCZman15
08-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Brian - blackbird

man i voted for ur car for a couple things, it is really well put together, i was shocked as well that u didnt get a trophy. definitely hope to see that car again;

also; that blue 3rd gen firebird, i was surprised that didnt wina trophy; it was clean and well taken care of.

Ian
08-12-2007, 10:21 PM
I had a great time! lots of cool cars, some good racing and nice (but hot) weather. The best part about a big meet like the one today is that you can finally put some faces to the names. that and you get to see other members that you havent seen in a while.

Untamed
08-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Had a blast guys. Enjoyed seeing the diversity of cars this year, plus many more 1st and 2nd gens racing. Me and the daughters look forward to it each year, though only one was able to come this time.

Met at least one person who is new to the boards, and showed her TA on the field. Build that membership!

Thanks again.

DaSkinnyGuy
08-13-2007, 12:14 AM
I had a sweet *** time, Got to drag race for the first time ever got my car to be the GM stock time. Had my car in the car show but didnt realize there was a paper I had to put on my windshield. What a slacker I am. I loved the weather. I turned tan not to much red. Loved the people who brought along there high tech cameras to take pics.

69RSZ
08-13-2007, 07:45 AM
It was a great time. By the way, your 69 z28 was sweet and well deserving of the trophy.

Thanks very much black5speed!thanks for the compliment!

LS1Hawk
08-13-2007, 08:05 AM
The Nats were awesome! Even though I didn't stay for the whole thing, lol. Heat just got to be too much. The North cruise down was fun and it was cool meeting everybody.

Rich189
08-13-2007, 09:05 AM
I had a great time at the nats... ron i beleive i met you with your gmmg car before as i have a pic of my car with it on my cell.... i voted for your 69 as well... it was gorgeous

And thanks everyone who voted for my car there was quite a few very nice and well put together cars and i was very suprised and happy i got a couple awards

And thanks tim/justin and mods for putting it all together was a great day hanging out with everyone

69RSZ
08-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Thanks Rich!! The GMMG car took first at carlisle so i gave it a break this weekend :)