PDA

View Full Version : autocross friday giants stadium 2pm 9/7

2MCHPWR
08-28-2007, 06:52 PM
www.motorsportsne.com

Blacdout96
08-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Ill be there. just signed up for both that and the last race of the year. see how much the improvements i made affect my car.

EchoMirage
08-31-2007, 04:20 PM
ill see you there jeff

2MCHPWR
09-08-2007, 09:20 AM
pics from event:

http://heck.zenfolio.com/

i came in first place in my class U, but was like 2 seconds off the FTD.
tires getting a little old now that its the end of the season. over winter i'll step it up though

Blacdout96
09-08-2007, 10:55 AM
I got smoked again in my class. 11th....11th! that the place i came in last time I raced, adn that was without my sub frame connectors, tubular lower control arms, wider tires with sport tires on it ( last pair I had were all season rated) my interior taken out, and a few other things. Then again I had like 4 or 5 MR2's come in the top 5. they shouldnt of been in my class, my cars no match for them.

EchoMirage
09-08-2007, 04:11 PM
they need to fix up their classes more. i always thought they should have subsections in their classes......race tires/street tires. no matter your expeirance or whatever, 2 equal cars with 2 equal drivers are NOT equal if one has slicks and the other streets. theres only so much you can do with streets. and there is no way your V6 camaro should have been in the same class as MR2s, miatas, or similiar go carts. when i raced my 78 TA the one time, they put me into a class with a miata and mini cooper......how they ever figured that one out, i have no idea. my 400 cid motor weighs more then their entire car.

2MCHPWR
09-08-2007, 05:23 PM
classing is always difficult.
what classes are you guys in, and what are your full mod list?
tires are always a free mod, same as in SCCA for all of their STOCK classes. thats just always been the deal. in the last year or two SCCA created one or two street tire classes, i think its called STS or something like that. we wanted our club to have way fewer classes than SCCA because we are smaller club and if you have so many classes, there might only be one or two people in a class.

NJSPEEDER
09-09-2007, 12:19 AM
do you guys use a PAX system or something similar to determine an overall winner or do you keep it simple and jsut hand out class trophies?

Blacdout96
09-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Im in class F, but the 5th place MR-2 was got a time of 47.xxx, thats what Isaw the Lotus elise's doing at the school!!!! And arent the lotus's in class A? so why are they in class F!? first place in my class was 44.xxx, wtf, it is really messed up, i mean their lighter, smaller, mi engine so the weight displacement is 10X better then my car, and they had mods on the cars, they werent even stock. my full mod list is:
Sub Frame Connectors,tubular lower control arms, tubular pan hard bar, 3.23 gears ( non posi for now, i do have aposi setup at home but havent gotten it installed yet) ZR1 9.5in front and 11in rear replica rims, and tho they are heavier then my stock rims, they stick way better, strut tower bar, cold air intake, I had no interior in my car, aluminum driveshaft, 35mm front and 25mm rear sway bars, and thats about all i can think of. I know id be put in a higher class, but i mean my best time was 51.536, thats slow and I have no excuses, im used to race tracks, and having this as a tight track makes it a lot of fun, but for echo and me to throw our land yatchs around compared to everyone elses cars, sometime I think were in the wrong classes, or the cars in our class shouldnt be in there.

NJSPEEDER
09-09-2007, 01:28 PM
if you want to see your times seriously drop, especially in an autocross setting, look into some real gears. for the short shots that you are on the power you need to take advanatage of every drop you have available to keep up with the smaller cars.
i was in the same boat when i had my 91 RS, jsut keep refining your set up. you can get them :)

Blacdout96
09-09-2007, 01:53 PM
yeah I blew my old rear out last year goign to conneticut, that had 3.08's, wellI looked around for a 3.42 posi but everything was expensive, so I picked up a 94 rear with 3.23's so idk, id love to use 3.42's but the sound of 3.73's are goign thru my head now. I do want to get struts and shocks for it too, those KYB adjustable ones, I cant afford QA1 lol

NJSPEEDER
09-09-2007, 02:12 PM
skip ahead of 3.42 and 3.73, go straight to the big boy gears and get some 4.10's.
and don't worry about all the old wives tales about bad mileage and extensive engine wear and not having enough top speed. the effect on mileage in minimal and your mileage ismostly determined by driving habits anyway, the engine will be running at an RPM closer to it's peak torque which actually means less effort and strain on parts, and the cars theoretical top speed will still be up around 180ish and i don't see that as very likely to become an issue unless you find one heck of a hill to drive down.

2MCHPWR
09-09-2007, 08:30 PM
blacdout - don't worry what you saw the lotus get during the school because it was a different course layout so you can't compare it to our afternoon event.

here is the class breakdown and rules:
http://www.motorsportsne.com/2007/rules/MSNE2007Rules_Classes.pdf

2MCHPWR
09-10-2007, 07:37 PM
results (https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/files/MotorSportsNE/090707ax_fin.htm)

Wasted Youth
09-10-2007, 08:55 PM
skip ahead of 3.42 and 3.73, go straight to the big boy gears and get some 4.10's.
and don't worry about all the old wives tales about bad mileage and extensive engine wear and not having enough top speed. the effect on mileage in minimal and your mileage ismostly determined by driving habits anyway, the engine will be running at an RPM closer to it's peak torque which actually means less effort and strain on parts, and the cars theoretical top speed will still be up around 180ish and i don't see that as very likely to become an issue unless you find one heck of a hill to drive down.

agreed and if hes driving with a detrimmed interior, driveablity can't be too much of a concern...road noise drives me nuts with a gutted interior lol

EchoMirage
09-11-2007, 06:35 PM
he only took out the seats and spare for this race. its not always like that.

Blacdout96
09-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Yeha i always keep my interior in there, I just took it out for this event, and for the next, but its still not gonna help, I just want to get into the top 10, thats all i want before this season ends, so I can at least know I made progress. all those 2 hr.s drives and money blown on parts will be all worth it wiht a top 10.