PDA

View Full Version : Akward stalling ecm codes 53 and 54

phillyry
09-06-2007, 02:51 PM
*CORRECTION codes 53 and 54 not 55* 92 RS 305TBI. I was driving and my car just shut off immed, no sputtering. It would not start. I waited 5 min and it started right up and ran fine. Later on it did it again. Code 54 and 55. This time it would not start at all. Came back next day and it started right up and ran normal. Drove 2 blocks and it started sputtering gave it gas and it stayed on somewhat. started it again a few days later and it ran great left it at idle for 5 min and then it died suddenly. It has had a bad Oil pressure sending unit for years. It has a new ecm, fuel pump, tank and Fuel Tank Sending Unit. I was thinking it could be the fuel pump relay, or have something to do with that sending unit.

Pampered-Z
09-10-2007, 10:15 AM
53= Battery voltage error -or- EGR problem -or- Personal Automotive Security System (PASS-KEY II) circuit

54= EGR #2 problem -or- Fuel pump circuit (low voltage) -or- Shorted mixture control solenoid circuit--Feedback Carburetor system

55 = A/D Converter error -or- PCM error or not grounded -or- EGR #3 problem
-or- Fuel lean monitor -or- Grounded voltage reference, faulty oxygen sensor, full lean-- Feedback Carburetor system

Sure sounds like it's fuel related. I'd double check all the connections. If you have one, can borrow or rent a fuel pressure gauge with a hose so you can view the pressure as you drive you will probably see the pressure drops when it starts acting up?

Reset the ECM ( Pull fuse for 30 seconds, reinstall ). Then start it, then check the codes again.

Here is what I would guess. The real code is the 54, fuel pressure/pump related.

I'd guess the 53 is just from ERG from it stalling, and the 55 from the engine going lean when when pressure drops.

Tru2Chevy
09-10-2007, 05:30 PM
He said there is no code 55.......hence the part of his post that said "not 55"

- Justin