PDA

View Full Version : HAHA .. SLP misses me

deadtrend1
10-09-2007, 06:34 PM
SLP sent me a post card ....

"Our records show you haven't purchased from us in the last 12 months. We'd like to know if your still intersted in receiving our latest sales material. Please fill out the self-address stamped post card and drop it in the mail so we can update our records"

They go on to say what their new catalog includes and such.

you know. I would order if their stuff wasn't so overpriced, and they didn't phase out all the thirdgen stuff. You know, the car that got them their gears spinning in the market back in '92. I was going to order headers for my 86 from them, but they obviously discontinued them, and the install kit full of bolts and clamps (thats 128 dollars for some reason) is on clearance.

Way to go .... :loser:

baddest434
10-09-2007, 07:16 PM
SLP SUCKS!!
SLP=****tty legal products

jims69camaro
10-09-2007, 07:47 PM
"if your still intersted" :loser:

ask them if "you're interested" in a proofreader.
:mrgreen:

FBODS4EVER
10-09-2007, 08:09 PM
i lost interest in them after they started supporting rustangs and every other car on the market. and most of all giving up their slp day. i went to every one every year. i even won the slp zr1 wheels at the last slp giveaway after the slp day. yes the grand prize. slp is a mere disappointment to me now.:moon: :banghead: :horse:

deadtrend1
10-09-2007, 09:19 PM
ask them if "you're interested" in a proofreader.
:mrgreen:

Missed one letter.... damn. Laptop keyboard isn't the easiest thing for me to type accurately on anyways.

Teds89IROC
10-09-2007, 09:29 PM
i'm tired :lol:

Tru2Chevy
10-09-2007, 09:32 PM
I bought their ORY for my super comp LT's because they are the only company that makes 'em, and the price for that was pretty damn steep.

I thought you had a Mufflex Y-pipe....that's what I have for my super comps.

- Justin

deadtrend1
10-09-2007, 09:32 PM
I bought their ORY for my super comp LT's because they are the only company that makes 'em, and the price for that was pretty damn steep.

really, i thought you had gotten a Mufflex Y

Teds89IROC
10-09-2007, 09:33 PM
:doh: I got the two NJ companies mixed up, it's been a long day :lol:

jims69camaro
10-10-2007, 05:28 AM
Missed one letter.... damn. Laptop keyboard isn't the easiest thing for me to type accurately on anyways.

and an apostrophe and an 'e' in "you're". one of my pet peeves, sorry. :mrgreen: it's not "your interested", but "you're interested" because it's a contraction of "you are".

MonmouthCtyAntz
10-10-2007, 05:34 AM
Slp is a bunch of goughers, way overpriced, its ashame because there so close..and there the only place I know that you can find there stuff way cheaper at vendor sites as opposed to their own lol

Jersey_TA
10-10-2007, 06:24 AM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY overpriced, crappy chrome rims that they don't warranty, and you have to have your car towed away from their shop if they put on any exhaust that is for off road use.

jims69camaro
10-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Slp is a bunch of goughers, way overpriced, its ashame because there so close..and there the only place I know that you can find there stuff way cheaper at vendor sites as opposed to their own lol

isn't that incredible? Apple used to be like that... you'd spend like 15-20% more if you bought directly from them as opposed to one of their distributors.

Predator86
10-10-2007, 09:41 AM
slp is pretty nice but there prices are getting out of control

MonmouthCtyAntz
10-10-2007, 10:10 AM
and you have to have your car towed away from their shop if they put on any exhaust that is for off road use.Wow thats gay lol...My Aunt worked @ the Toms River warehouse when they 1st opened...needless to say she didnt stay there very long...

Savage_Messiah
10-12-2007, 02:39 PM
lol i got one too

procamaroz28
10-12-2007, 06:22 PM
i <3 SLP, slp is da****

procamaroz28
10-12-2007, 06:23 PM
l.m. 2 definatly sounds the best

JW
10-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Got my notice today in the mail :)

JW :D

IROCdan330
10-13-2007, 07:24 PM
got one earlier in the week...

Demonicbird00
10-15-2007, 07:42 PM
gee seems to me that they are starting to hurt for business in the fbody community.

like everyone does, you go to them for the first mod or so, lid and loudmouth. then you realize theres a ton of other companies that have better quality stuff and for a cheaper price. and thats the last time you go to them, i havent been on there site in over 4 yrs, i got into their calander back in 04

-brandon

MonmouthCtyAntz
10-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Hmm wonder if i got one at my moms house, i gave them alot of business on my old 97 LT1...I need something new to put my cup of coffee on :rofl:

SteveR
10-15-2007, 09:23 PM
I never really had much contact with SLP other than tho get replacement parts for the Hawk. They were pretty nice to me when I'd go to the Toms River location. One time when I went to pick up new center caps for the wheels and an air box lid, they let me hang out and watch them dyno a few cars and walk around the shop.

MonmouthCtyAntz
10-16-2007, 10:39 AM
I never really had much contact with SLP other than tho get replacement parts for the Hawk. They were pretty nice to me when I'd go to the Toms River location. One time when I went to pick up new center caps for the wheels and an air box lid, they let me hang out and watch them dyno a few cars and walk around the shop.
Only thing I ever bought from them was a pos LT1 torque converter...damn was that thing mild :( . That was my own fault though, didnt know much about these cars back then and I also didnt have the cash in my teens to buy a better 7-800 dollar piece. Yea I realized early on though SLP blows :rofl: Only thing I might ever consider buying from them is maybe a lid or a loudmouth if i do decide to go w/ a LS1...Even then I could get it probably 50 bucks cheaper from a vendor. Those crooks are still selling it for 440.xx when a few vendor sites have it for 380.xx's :lol: ...Good Ole SLP

WildBillyT
10-16-2007, 10:43 AM
gee seems to me that they are starting to hurt for business in the fbody community.
-brandon

They are. Seems like once GM killed the platform SLP stopped their F-Body development.

MonmouthCtyAntz
10-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Yea seems like the stangs and GTO's are still giving them business... The loudmouth & loudmouth 2 are pretty popular in the modular world. They probably have so much fbody stock laying around thats why they decided to send those flyers out...maybe they should drop there prices and the stuff will start moving...Nothing like paying 8 billion dollars for a set of headers then needing an "install kit" as well.

Savage_Messiah
10-16-2007, 12:39 PM

Whenever I went down there (twice) they were nice as hell, no doubt abotu that... actually i gotta think, paying $25/pair for takeoff springs and shocks probably about even out the cost of the intake so i might not even have a right to ***** about their prices :lol: