PDA

View Full Version : why don't we have a SUPER CHEVY Show?

jims69camaro
10-13-2007, 05:48 PM
we have an agglomeration of shows on the east coast, yet when i look at the SUPER CHEVY Shows, we're left out. i wonder why that is? with all of the restoration and race dollars being spent in this state, you'd think they'd want to have a show here, at least. if not New York. Island is a nice place, Englishtown sure could host it, and Atco is, well, Atco. certainly not for lack of venue.

just something i was thinking about.

BonzoHansen
10-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Englishtown already did have one for a few years. No one went.

We can continue to build the Nats.

Tru2Chevy
10-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Island is way too small to host a show like Super Chevy, but with all of their recent improvements Atco could prolly handle it. Having one in Maple Grove pretty much means that we prolly won't get another one here in NJ.

- Justin

jims69camaro
10-14-2007, 10:22 AM
well, yeah, of course we will continue to build the nats. i can remember tim struggling a few years ago with the idea, then the execution - he wasn't getting a whole lotta cooperation or help. i feel bad that i have been unable to have a hand in it, but i do what i can.

as far as maple grove goes, it's a shame it has to be so far away. i mean, it's not centrally located to other states in the area. i also didn't know that it was being held at englishtown. of course, the climate is much different these days than it was just ten years ago, so i wonder what kind of success they might have if they were to try it today.