PDA

View Full Version : How I turned 16 bucks into 180 in a few seconds..

Blacdout96
10-14-2007, 10:38 AM
I havea knack for finding special things. So me and my g/f went to the walk yesterday to go shopping. Me beinga big 10 year old wanted to go into KB Toy stores. I was looking at the hot wheels n stuff ( which I bought a 2009 camaro and a 1987 buick grand national hot wheel cars) when I seen two box's pushed all the way back in the shelf that had no window so you couldn't see whats inside. It was a Catapiller NASCAR diecast car. I pull them out, and immediatly I noticed it said adult collectable. I open it up and it was in a foam container, and came with a jack, a tarp to cover it and a template, a certificate of authenticity and inside the car was chrome. I thought SOLD, and looked at the price......7.98!! So im thinking they're worth like 30 bucks a pop cause I still think nascar stuff is too massed produced to be worht anything like they used to be, I crack open my diecast book and find out they're 2003 chrome edition cars and only 1200 were made. the price per each 90 bucks!! so I think I made a good investment :lol: what do you guys think? So moral ofthe story, keep your eyes open.

Fleetwiz
10-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Nice score

jims69camaro
10-14-2007, 11:13 AM
so, wait, let me get this straight. you bought the cars, but haven't sold them yet, right? then you haven't made 180, as far as i can tell. not to rain on your parade, nice score, definitely. but until you sell them for the $90 each, or more, then all you have done is spend money. don't count your chickens before they hatch, i think is the old adage. :mrgreen:

Blacdout96
10-14-2007, 01:10 PM
wellsupply and demand is the game. at this point I havent looked at the demand for this car. and y sell them now? I've been collecting diecast cars and especially NASCAR and Hotwheels for the past 15 years, and just like everything else they continue to go up, and weither I sell them for 180, or 50 bucks, I still madea positive profit on it, its the fact of the matter I bought them for jusr 8 bucks adn turned out to be worth 11 times more then what I paid for, and they've been sitting on the shelf for 4 years now, you think some collector would of see nthem in the time being, but I think id sell em for 120-140 cause the boxs arent mint, they have the usual scuff or frayed end. toys are the best investment oyu can make, period.

87GTA
10-14-2007, 03:31 PM
I havea knack for finding special things. So me and my g/f went to the walk yesterday to go shopping. Me beinga big 10 year old wanted to go into KB Toy stores. I was looking at the hot wheels n stuff ( which I bought a 2009 camaro and a 1987 buick grand national hot wheel cars) when I seen two box's pushed all the way back in the shelf that had no window so you couldn't see whats inside. It was a Catapiller NASCAR diecast car. I pull them out, and immediatly I noticed it said adult collectable. I open it up and it was in a foam container, and came with a jack, a tarp to cover it and a template, a certificate of authenticity and inside the car was chrome. I thought SOLD, and looked at the price......7.98!! So im thinking they're worth like 30 bucks a pop cause I still think nascar stuff is too massed produced to be worht anything like they used to be, I crack open my diecast book and find out they're 2003 chrome edition cars and only 1200 were made. the price per each 90 bucks!! so I think I made a good investment :lol: what do you guys think? So moral ofthe story, keep your eyes open.

Do you collect anything from Motorsports Authentics now cars from them are a pretty penny but in time they can go up too $1,000!