PDA

View Full Version : Verizon fios everything package?

foff667
10-21-2007, 09:10 PM
anyone have
internet
home phone
cell phone
tv service

all through verizon?

fios just became available here so im going to upgrade from verizon's dsl to fios and I've already got their cell & home phone service so im considering switching from dish to verizon for my tv...just wondering how the tv service is especially hd & how much $ is the norm for everything combined?

Tru2Chevy
10-21-2007, 09:21 PM
I had it all at my parent's house before I moved out. I didn't get a chance to see what the HD quality was, because I didn't get the fancy TV until we moved to the apartment. Garrett has it, and he said that the HD quality is great.

The only thing that I think is lacking is the menu structure for the TV. They also don't have as much On Demand content as Comcast, but they are adding to it a lot.

- Justin

The Fixer
10-21-2007, 09:32 PM
We have the whole deal, but I have no input on the HD channels (no HD TV in this house). We have a family cell plan (two phones, 1K minutes/month), two TV boxes, regular house phone (no long distance package, use the cell for that) and the FiOS internet. Our bill is $200/month for everything, +/- a few bucks if you get some On-Demand movies. They also have a TON of programs available for kids on the Disney On-Demand, and it's all free. Pretty good deal, IMO.

WildBillyT
10-21-2007, 09:59 PM
I've got it. The service is really good- the net is real fast, the tv is great, etc.

HOWEVER

Their billing department is as organized as a monkey **** fight at the zoo. Be prepared to call them during your first or second month. I had to, as did others in my area- and apparently it isn't just my area...

Knipps
10-21-2007, 11:21 PM
i loved it while i was home
an awesome feature was you could make your own channel list so you could knock out the annoying channels in between what you usually flip through

Predator86
10-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Its a great deal, we have that deal in my house right now and its awesome! I dont know the exact amount of money saved but believe me its worth it. Our internet service is faster than ever and we switched from direct tv and it was a great choice.

And again it will save you an ish load of money

GrandmasterCow
10-22-2007, 02:25 AM
i like the speed of fios, but if you download movies/mp3s, they trace it all and can/will report you... from good sources i have learned this info.

BonzoHansen
10-22-2007, 07:05 AM
I'm generally very happy, but I don't like their tv hardware. For instance, the outlet in the back of the box is not switched, the remote turns the TV and the cable box on & off. Well, that doesn't work half the time. No page scroll in the menu screens. I have to call this week, one about a billing error (charged for install) and one to ask why the hell didn't I get the whole house DVR.

The channel selection I have compare the cablevision is night & day. And everyone knows how much I love the interweb service.

foff667
10-22-2007, 08:03 AM
I'm generally very happy, but I don't like their tv hardware. For instance, the outlet in the back of the box is not switched, the remote turns the TV and the cable box on & off. Well, that doesn't work half the time. No page scroll in the menu screens. I have to call this week, one about a billing error (charged for install) and one to ask why the hell didn't I get the whole house DVR.

The channel selection I have compare the cablevision is night & day. And everyone knows how much I love the interweb service.

yeah a few things I was confused about was the selection of cable boxes they have, I currently have only 2 for my 3 TV's...1 dvr which controls two tv's separately and allows you to record two shows at once, etc. And then just a std box on my daughters TV.

Verizon apparently has 1 HD box, 1 standard and then 2 types of DVR's, just a bit odd. I want dvr & HD on my main TV but their descriptions of the hardware they have blow.

Their online walk through setup didn't even work, just kept resetting right back to the beginning so I couldn't even get a price on everything per month :cry:

The Fixer
10-22-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm generally very happy, but I don't like their tv hardware. For instance, the outlet in the back of the box is not switched, the remote turns the TV and the cable box on & off. Well, that doesn't work half the time.

Scott, all you need to do is push the TV button on the top of the remote first, then hit the power button. That'll shut the TV off, and leave the set-top box on. That's one of my pet-peeves about the system, but figured that's the easiest way to work around it.

And as for billing errors, I believe they goofed on my install cost as well, but did fix it without a problem.

Knipps
10-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Bonzo, all you need to do is push the TV button on the top of the remote first, then hit the power button. That'll shut the TV off, and leave the set-top box on. That's one of my pet-peeves about the system, but figured that's the easiest way to work around it.

:nod: all depends on which button you use

BonzoHansen
10-22-2007, 12:04 PM
I know how it works, it just sucks. The outlet on the box should be switched on/off, not a remote function. Basically the remote sends a signal to the box and another to the TV. Now we have to be cognizant of how we hold the remote when I press the power button. Not as easy for the rest of the family to grasp, LOL. It is bad design.

MonmouthCtyAntz
10-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Moms getting it in a few days, well see...DSL is just fine here. Dont need the higher bill.