PDA

View Full Version : looking for work

brp88gta
10-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone on this fourm has a shop and is looking for a worker for winter and summers. Im in central Jersey so the closer the better. I can do body work and engine/mechanical work as well.
The rental center that i have been working at for the past 4 years went out of buisness and im having trouble finding someone who is willing to hire someone for winters and summers when i am home from school.
I am also willing to do other types of work, so let me know if anyone needs a working in some other feild of work.
thanks,
Brian

Stroked355Z28
10-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Hey, How's it going? There is a guy in my town that I bring my camaro to when I need tires or a wheel alignment. He is always asking me if I know anybody that needs a job because he is always looking for people. The pay is good too. The kind of work required isn't really heavy duty body or engine work. It is pretty much routine oil changes, wheel alignments, brakes, standard maintenance etc. The name of the place is called ETD Discount Tire Center, It is located at 757 Page Ave. in Lyndhurst, NJ, the phone number is (201) 804-8858, ask for a guy named Dennis, he is the manager and the guy looking. He should be able to take care of you, and if that is too far of a ride for you, just ask him to check if they need anybody at one of their other shops that might be closer to where you live because I know they have several shops in Denville, Wayne, Hillsdale, Clifton, Englewood, and Butler. Dennis is the the head of the one in my town Lyndhurst. Give it a shot if you are interested. Hope this helped. Later, Jeff.

brp88gta
10-22-2007, 07:46 PM
thanks jeff, i really appreciate it. Funny thing is that i think i found a job less than 5 minutes from my house today that is interested in me, but if that falls through i will definatly be calling them.
thanks again for your help,
Brian

Stroked355Z28
10-23-2007, 02:38 PM
thanks jeff, i really appreciate it. Funny thing is that i think i found a job less than 5 minutes from my house today that is interested in me, but if that falls through i will definatly be calling them.
thanks again for your help,
Brian

Anytime Brian. Hope you get the job by your house. Jeff.

nj96z28
10-23-2007, 05:26 PM
ahem .. hijack. I need a job in a bad way too... something warehouse oriented as my mechanical skillz are kinda weak..if anyone knows of anything in north jersey..like bergen county .. shoot me a pm .
:(

Stroked355Z28
10-24-2007, 12:39 PM
ahem .. hijack. I need a job in a bad way too... something warehouse oriented as my mechanical skillz are kinda weak..if anyone knows of anything in north jersey..like bergen county .. shoot me a pm .
:(

Ha ha, Actually, I don't have the number, but U.P.S. is hiring at their warehouse in Secaucus, great pay, plus full benefits, maybe you should check it out. Later, Jeff.

nj96z28
10-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Ha ha, Actually, I don't have the number, but U.P.S. is hiring at their warehouse in Secaucus, great pay, plus full benefits, maybe you should check it out. Later, Jeff.

cant work at UPS with a criminal background

Teds89IROC
10-24-2007, 02:11 PM
cant work at UPS with a criminal background

you can at FedEx in moonachie :lol:

nj96z28
10-24-2007, 07:03 PM
you can at FedEx in moonachie :lol:

are they hiring? if so post an address ill go check it out tommorrow

ar0ck
10-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Their number is 201-288-5886. Kasey (Savage_Messiah) works their. Try and talk to Kevin if you can. They suck though at calling back so you need to stay on top of them. I also worked their with Ted & Kasey a few years ago. Its a simple job, decent pay, decent work. It pays the bills.

nj96z28
10-25-2007, 12:14 AM
sweet ill call tommorrow , not sure if ill throw names around as you guys dont really know me

ar0ck
10-25-2007, 12:28 AM
They usually post adds in the local papers so you could def BS your way through it. They don't really interview you either. You tell them you would like to come in and apply, they will sit you in front of a computer for a few minutes to fill out the typical information and they say they will call you after the background check 7-10 days. Also for availability take the earlier shifts because that is where they need the most people.

I used to be a supervisor there so I know the place pretty well. Just stay on top of it it.

nj96z28
10-25-2007, 01:36 AM
They usually post adds in the local papers so you could def BS your way through it. They don't really interview you either. You tell them you would like to come in and apply, they will sit you in front of a computer for a few minutes to fill out the typical information and they say they will call you after the background check 7-10 days. Also for availability take the earlier shifts because that is where they need the most people.

I used to be a supervisor there so I know the place pretty well. Just stay on top of it it.

therien lies the problem.. background check - wont pass that

Stroked355Z28
10-25-2007, 05:37 PM
therien lies the problem.. background check

What is so bad in your background?? If its miscellaneous, I don't think it will matter that much. If they need the work that bad they will hire you. Jeff.

nj96z28
10-25-2007, 06:39 PM
lets just say when i was 17 me and some friends broke into a school and trashed it... go thit with everything from burglary to criminal tresspassing. i know a stupid thing , but they made an example of us and charged us as adults.... theft being one of the charges because some 1 stole an answering machine. of all the things in that school to take a godam answering machine. well anyway we all got charged with everything..i applied at the fedex in s hackensack(i think) years ago and they denied me cause of that

Stroked355Z28
10-26-2007, 04:50 PM
lets just say when i was 17 me and some friends broke into a school and trashed it... go thit with everything from burglary to criminal tresspassing. i know a stupid thing , but they made an example of us and charged us as adults.... theft being one of the charges because some 1 stole an answering machine. of all the things in that school to take a godam answering machine. well anyway we all got charged with everything..i applied at the fedex in s hackensack(i think) years ago and they denied me cause of that

Hey, sorry to hear that, hopefully you will find something. One of my friends has a record for stupid stuff and he just got a job at a Jiffy Lube on Washington Ave, in Belleville. The number is (973) 759-8330. Maybe you can give them a shout, its easy stuff, like oil changes, shocks, etc., my friend is 18 and really is a dumb a** when it comes to working on cars, but they hired him anyway and are probably going to train him. Later, Jeff.

SupermanX24
10-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Knoblock Auto Body in South River is in desperate need of body guys. They were in desperate need of mechanics too and they hired me.