PDA

View Full Version : When you get mad

WayFast84
10-23-2007, 04:03 PM
What methods do you use to calm down? Lately I have been flipping out at everything, and I really need to stop and calm down. :shock:

BonzoHansen
10-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Walk it off.

deadtrend1
10-23-2007, 04:06 PM
i usually see how many holes i can punch in the wall before I hit a stud .... :)

GP99GT
10-23-2007, 04:13 PM
drive

but you cant do that, sooooo...

sleep, walk it off, play video games...anything to take your mind off whatevers pissing you off

misterjuice
10-23-2007, 04:13 PM
drink soy milk

bad64chevelle
10-23-2007, 04:15 PM
I usually pick apart whatever is bothering me and see if its really worth bothering over it in the long run...how will it have in impact on me in 5 minutes, 5 hours, 5 days, 5 years and so forth...

zuuhlsT/A
10-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Deep breath, drink a beer, deep breath, drink another beer, deep breath drink more beer. If this doesn't work maybe a Prozac the size of a football or a Thorazine big gulp. :mrgreen: Sorry, Being a SOB. If you're flying off the handle lately there might be an underlying problem that you're not dealing with consciously so your subconscious is striking out in anger. That aint no way to go through life boy.

WayFast84
10-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Its more of a problem in school, in gay class's with ***** teachers, who wont let me out of the class, who get me in trouble even if I ask, so Its like, a problem I have to deal with just sitting there, or get in to trouble, and get even madder.

SupermanX24
10-23-2007, 04:31 PM
I used to drive it off, but when I drive it off pissed off I do illegal activities. I've noticed my friends are the best thing to calm me down.

bandit88
10-23-2007, 04:34 PM
just work out at the gym..... works for me!

ar0ck
10-23-2007, 04:39 PM
Video Games mostly.

WayFast84
10-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Ok, I am in a great class for illegal activities, how ever, I don't want to be in that crowd, again, i already was, and I'm lucky my *** wasn't thrown into Jeuvy.

I cant see my friends, I work out, but that still doesn't help when their is a PMSING MORONIC Hag, who wants us to all fail and gets joy from writing detention slips.. Im going to try to write when I get mad. Ill see if that helps but all other suggestions will be helpful.

zuuhlsT/A
10-23-2007, 05:02 PM
So pass everything and totally screw over the PMSING HAG!! Don't ever let anybody beat you down. The best thing to do is accel at whatever the HAG is trying to beat you down with and prove her wrong. Been there, Done that. It actually is quite satisfying when you turn the tables on them. Prove you are better than they think. You might actually gain their respect. Wouldn't that be scary!:nod:

GP99GT
10-23-2007, 05:08 PM
heres what i learned my senior year of high school...high school is a joke.

show up, listen to the teachers, do your homework, pass the class...**** the ********

zuuhlsT/A
10-23-2007, 05:10 PM
:werd:

nj96z28
10-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Man, I hear ya . HS seriously gave me an anger control issue , to the point where i got anger tattoed on my right arm lol. Just go to class do your work and tell yourself these people will all be gone in however many years ya got left. Go home rub one out , ... blow **** up in a video game and work out .. in no particular order... its mostly managed to keep me out of jail for the past 11 yrs or so ...

Squirrel
10-23-2007, 05:37 PM
anger management and the school therapist helped me..but i still have those instances when it comes back and it gets ugly for objects within my area

Ian
10-23-2007, 05:57 PM
Its more of a problem in school, in gay class's with ***** teachers, who wont let me out of the class, who get me in trouble even if I ask, so Its like, a problem I have to deal with just sitting there, or get in to trouble, and get even madder.

why do you have to leave class? what makes you think you deserve the privilage of getting to leave class?

I'm gonna be honest here, this whole self-entitlement crap is stupid. sit down, shut up and pay attention. you're in class for a reason. you're not better than anyone else in there so why would you get special treatment? and if certain teachers are gunning for you, you must have done something to deserve it.

try being respectful to all your teachers. if you have a problem, talk to them after class/school. if you have a problem with another student, ignore them or talk to a teacher about it. If you have any other questions, feel free to post them up, I'll continue with my honesty.

deadtrend1
10-23-2007, 06:26 PM
:stupid:

Anti_Rice_Guy
10-23-2007, 06:43 PM
Don't get mad....

Get

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/18/fc/Glad_ForceFlex_Drawstring_Bags-resized200.jpg

On a more serious note I exercise, go hang with friends or clean my car with a real good wax (exercise)

Tsar
10-23-2007, 06:43 PM
punch a cop, makes you feel really good!

Teds89IROC
10-23-2007, 06:54 PM
why do you have to leave class? what makes you think you deserve the privilage of getting to leave class?

I'm gonna be honest here, this whole self-entitlement crap is stupid. sit down, shut up and pay attention. you're in class for a reason. you're not better than anyone else in there so why would you get special treatment? and if certain teachers are gunning for you, you must have done something to deserve it.

try being respectful to all your teachers. if you have a problem, talk to them after class/school. if you have a problem with another student, ignore them or talk to a teacher about it. If you have any other questions, feel free to post them up, I'll continue with my honesty.

agreed

chrisfrom nj
10-23-2007, 07:11 PM
What methods do you use to calm down? Lately I have been flipping out at everything, and I really need to stop and calm down. :shock:i punch the wall

GP99GT
10-23-2007, 07:22 PM
punching things is dumb...all you do is break your hand or the wall/object and get more pissed off

deadtrend1
10-23-2007, 07:27 PM
punching things is dumb...all you do is break your hand or the wall/object and get more pissed off

I was only kiddin when I said it

GP99GT
10-23-2007, 07:28 PM
i just read a bulletin matt posted on myspace about dropping out...dropping out of high school is one of the dumbest things you could ever do just because a teacher gives you a hard time, grow some balls and deal with it

chrisfrom nj
10-23-2007, 08:06 PM
its either punching the walls or getting locked up for beating the crap out of someone or killing someone

deadtrend1
10-23-2007, 08:08 PM
its either punching the walls or getting locked up for beating the crap out of someone or killing someone

or releasing anger in a less physical manner :shrug:

WayFast84
10-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Yeah If I kick the **** out of something in the middle of class, its worse then what i do allready..

chrisfrom nj
10-23-2007, 08:24 PM
dont drop out of school matt

Tsar
10-23-2007, 08:26 PM
dont drop out of school matt
hey we need McDonald servers too!

Anti_Rice_Guy
10-23-2007, 08:29 PM
There is basically no jobs available if you drop out of high school...Even jobs with a HS diploma are few because so many people are going to college. It only works if its ok if you hit a deadend soon and don't earn any more after a few years, OR you already have the hands-on skills to do an excellent job. Even then its iffy.

BonzoHansen
10-23-2007, 08:45 PM
i just read a bulletin matt posted on myspace about dropping out...dropping out of high school is one of the dumbest things you could ever do just because a teacher gives you a hard time, grow some balls and deal with it

Matt, for christ's sake, stop being a dumb a$s. You're in friggin high school, get over it already. The perceived drama that occurs now is gone the day you graduate. Stop being a pansy and man up.

trashman01
10-23-2007, 09:58 PM
well since i have a broken hand/2 dislocated knuckles from gettin mad. my bro found out that if i listen to classial/blues/jazz/standards that i calm down. but usually durring the summer its either let it out at the track when i race a car or when im playing softball. got 5 hrs last season

Mike
10-23-2007, 10:00 PM
schools overrated, go ahead and drop out, you will be better off in life.....

hey, i need job security :)

WildBillyT
10-23-2007, 10:01 PM
I hit the weights. Then I'm too tired to be pissed.

Get your head and your *** squared away. High school is a friggin joke. Don't do anything to screw up your future.

1_Hot_SOM_WS6
10-23-2007, 10:05 PM
I go to the track and race...gets out my aggression and makes me happy :)

PS...Sorry about the tires on ur vette Rob....LOL. ;)

unstable bob gable
10-23-2007, 10:33 PM
I rant, rave, curse, yell, and jump up and down. And sometimes I throw stuff like Diet Coke Cans! :mrgreen:

r0nin89
10-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Dont get mad, get glad.

Tru2Chevy
10-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Dont get mad, get glad.

Using that joke twice in the same thread is kinda lame man.....

- Justin

Anti_Rice_Guy
10-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Using that joke twice in the same thread is kinda lame man.....

- Justin
Agreed. :lol: Especially when I posted a picture at least, and it was about a page ago. We don't have THAT short of attention spans here.

mtnhopper1
10-24-2007, 08:56 AM
Matt, for christ's sake, stop being a dumb a$s. You're in friggin high school, get over it already. The perceived drama that occurs now is gone the day you graduate. Stop being a pansy and man up.

Right on. If you need something to distract you while in school, start a business. Buy a trailer and mowers and hire someone to mow lawns for you. Go into the local health club or bagel shop and ask them if you can set up a blender and make smoothies in the AM before school. Hell, start some kind of website and sell advertising space. Even if you break even, it'll be good for you because you could (a) sell it to someone as a turn-key operation (think youtube) or (b) tell future employers about it when you interview for jobs.

Better yet, it will make you realize how small and insignificant HS problems usually are. I'm not trying to say your problems are small and insignificant, but your life is much longer than the 4 years (or so) it takes to get through HS. The decisions you make now can f-u-c-k up the time that follows. It seems a better idea to keep your head down and get through it for a few years, and do whatever you can to keep from messing up the 50 or so years that come after it.

JW
10-24-2007, 12:12 PM
I usually wash & polish my car in times of stress or anger... guess thats why its so smooth and purty lol.

JW :D

renxwar
10-24-2007, 12:15 PM
just work out at the gym..... works for me!

+1 :!:

WayFast84
10-24-2007, 12:17 PM
LOL im in photography class, writing poems about my anger helped. But i got suspended

79T/A
10-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Dude, a week ago you were all "Life is great, talking to chicks and my buddies" and all that. A week later, you're pissed off at the world. You know what? That's life. Ain't gonna change. Sometimes things will be going great, and sometimes things will suck. The true measure of a man is how he handles adversity (Same with women, ladies...or so my wife tells me...after all, being married to me must be adversity enough). Bailing out of school will lead you to nothing but a future littered with pseudo careers that come complete with paper hats and plastic name tags that pay minimum wage...IF they will hire you. Could even lead to a lot of time in and out of jail, maybe even prison, maybe even DEAD.

I'm not so far removed from being a teenager that I don't remember what it was like. I had my moments, and plenty of teachers I wanted to drop kick into a pit of rattlesnakes. But the bottom line was without that silly little piece of paper on a decorative matting, I wouldn't have gone on to be the person I am now, and I would've greatly disappointed the people that paid to put a roof over my head, clothes on my back and food in my mouth (You know...those parental units). Hang in there, man. Take your medicine, stop getting suspended and graduate. You'll also be surprised in ten years how many of the 'friends' you have now that will still be there for you. This is your full-time job right now: See it through and move on to greatness.

Besides, paper hats and nametags don't buy a lot of aftermarket performance parts! Trust me! Been there, done that!

Brando56894
10-24-2007, 01:07 PM
i punch stuff, it usually ends up bad for my hand....

Tsar
10-24-2007, 01:12 PM
why is every one still babying this attention whore?

Pampered-Z
10-24-2007, 02:45 PM
If your getting this upset over your teacher not letting you do what you want - good luck with your life!

What are you going to do when your boss doesn't let you do what you want or your customers want you to do what they want?

You don't get everything you want in life! Figure it out now or your going to have a real tuff time in the real world!

98tadriver
10-24-2007, 03:02 PM
What methods do you use to calm down? Lately I have been flipping out at everything, and I really need to stop and calm down. :shock:

lay off the steroids man

Mike
10-24-2007, 03:51 PM
wow theres the anger problem you were talking about.

Pampered-Z
10-24-2007, 04:03 PM
wow theres the anger problem you were talking about.

Maybe Matt needs to follow his own advice!

BonzoHansen
10-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Maybe Matt needs to follow his own advice!Damn kids! :lol:

Pampered-Z
10-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Damn kids! :lol:

:werd:

Jersey_TA
10-24-2007, 04:36 PM
I've been so stressed out between work and other things that my fuse is extremely short lately. Guitar hero 2 for 360 helps and driving the T/A.

deadtrend1
10-24-2007, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't mind driving my TA as a stress releif is something didn't break on it every time i drive it. Not to mention the PITA it is to get out of the backyard.

I normally just work on misc stuff, or go to my friends garage

qwikz28
10-24-2007, 04:49 PM
keep it civil, you know who you are.

Jersey_TA
10-24-2007, 04:52 PM
PS...Sorry about the tires on ur vette Rob....LOL. ;)

I'll be better once I get new ones.

TheBandit
10-24-2007, 06:21 PM
blunt? :P naah but seriously i just listen to music or play the drums.. usually gets the aggression out

1_Hot_SOM_WS6
10-24-2007, 07:55 PM
I'll be better once I get new ones.

...yeah me to...i'll have to test them out once u get them....make sure that the quality of the burnout is good with the new tires....and make sure they hook nicely...i wouldnt want you to have to drive a vette with tires that dont hook :wink:

12secondv6
10-24-2007, 09:52 PM
eat pie

BonzoHansen
10-24-2007, 10:06 PM
eat pie

I prefer cookies. Sugar cookies are the current favorite. I do like to eat when I get mad/upset.

shane27
10-25-2007, 02:54 PM
lift weights, hang out with your friends, listen to some heavy metal, drive,
or smoke!

WS SIKZ
10-25-2007, 03:17 PM
it depends what im mad at. if im mad at some one and i have to leave i drive the car like its my last day im alive lol. teh clutch would be dumped liek a million times and i would take off a good 5 mms of tread and just have the pedal to the floor. if im home and get mad i usually yell and just get liek a outburst and throw something as hard as i can.
lmao one time i was so pissed at my brother flippen walkin around in circles in my room i was like 17 so i grab my deoderant, degree, throw it liek 200 mph at my wall it shattered in liek a tousand pieces liek a granade, and theres just a white mark on the wal. my sister runs downstairs to see wtf happened, and she goes in like a low curious vocice "did u just throw your deoderant at the wall" i swear to god i havent laughed that hard since like the weirdest **** hahah but i thought i mention that