PDA

View Full Version : nutral safety switch

chrisfrom nj
10-24-2007, 07:23 AM
i have a 89 camaro wireing harness in my 92 rs i droped the dash the outer night to find a orange and black wire that goes to the nutral safety switch cut and i cant find the other wire that goes to it do i really need that wire or its there for show

BonzoHansen
10-24-2007, 08:21 AM
No underdash wires are for show, not even the neutral safety switch wiring, LOL

Was the donor harness also an automatic car?

Use the diagrams I posted in one of your other threads and trace the wire back to where it should be.

chrisfrom nj
10-24-2007, 08:31 AM
No underdash wires are for show, not even the neutral safety switch wiring, LOL

Was the donor harness also an automatic car?

Use the diagrams I posted in one of your other threads and trace the wire back to where it should be.
thanks the doner car was auto

chrisfrom nj
10-24-2007, 08:54 AM
if i jump a blue wire with the purple wire the car cranks without turning the key

NightRydaSS
10-25-2007, 03:33 PM
if i jump a blue wire with the purple wire the car cranks without turning the key

:shock: Arn't those the same 2 wires that are always already cut and ready to be spliced in every movies that shows someone "hot wiring" a car in 10 seconds??? :shifty:

camaro2you
10-25-2007, 03:43 PM

Haha, i mine would do that to turns out i had the back up light wire connected to the wire that goes down comes out of the neutral safety and goes to the starter lol.

89CamaroRS
10-25-2007, 05:06 PM

that's a little strange. i had to go through the NSS to fix an electrical problem i had recently. on my 89 the blue wire comes from the starter relay, which shouldn't have power with the key off. the purple one goes down to the ignition post of the starter.

there's a bunch of diagrams in my original thread here: http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28588

BonzoHansen
10-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Diagrams for both of you, LOL

http://www.austinthirdgen.org/index.php?pid=19

chrisfrom nj
10-26-2007, 09:56 AM
thanks

ryanfx
01-12-2008, 05:32 PM

that's amazing :rofl: Just like an action hero.